GUYS CALM DOWN! I LOVE THE CAR! I AM NOT TRASHING VIPERS!

EXECMALIBU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aparently I have offended some of the Viper owners.. I am Sorry!

I love the car!

Is it blindingly fast? YES!!

Would I like more Power from my RT-10? Absolutely!

There can never be to much power!! RIGHT?

It was my 13 year old son who first noticed and commented that there was no place to put the Insurance and Registration papers..

Some of your responses were defending the lack of storage space..

I my very HUMBLE OPINION is that these are very MINOR flaws in a nearly PERFECT car that could have been easily fixed..

If they had more storage space would'nt it be a little nicer? . I think most people would like a little more storage space?
Maybe not...

Do most RT-10 Viper owners like having to use two hands to hold up the trunk and possibly having rod scratch the paint?

I did research the cars carefully and determined that a 2001 RT-10 in Shapire Blue was the best car for me..I have striped it and it looks GREAT!..I loved the 1997 blue and white stripe cars but I also liked and wanted the louvered hood..

Did I reseach if there was storage space before I bought my car from 2,200 miles away? NO! .

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by EXECMALIBU on 04-11-2002 at 11:25 AM</font>

AJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
heh.. welcome to the wrath of the viper-zealots
biggrin.gif
remember- the viper is the god's chariot and if it breaks.. he would rather walk than ride an ***
biggrin.gif

you need to grow your skin thicker
smile.gif

alex
02 gts
few other cars

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AJ:

you need to grow your skin thicker
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

laugh.gif
Spoken from someone with experience. We gave Alex a good thrashing when he arrived. He has since behaved well.

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Much easier to appear humble in lower case, I know you have posted before that no one has ever minded you using all caps, but that is really hard to believe. Anyway, you may risk offending NORM KORNER as that is his trademark (CAPS).

Maybe it's the RT/10 but my GTS has plenty of storage space for the essentials. I put the insurance and registration in the box behind your elbow, along with a small square CD case that holds about 20 CDs and a tire guage. I could and has also held my sunglasses and wallet and cell phone, if you pack it carefully, but I usually put those things in the webbed pocket right above the box. To answer you question, I'm happy with the Viper as is, but I respect your HUMBLE opinion.
smile.gif

No Flames Intended, It just appears that way....
smile.gif

(apologies to cStegal)

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exec...

No apology necessary...this is a very tough board but also very,very forgiving(if you grovel enough
smile.gif
). I,for one,am learning more and more about the car everyday...and it's usually from this board. Hang in there...you are now one of us.

Bigs...your posts entertain me everytime I read them...and seeing as I attended TTU in Lubbock...no apologies are ever required
smile.gif

Absolutely No Flame Intended...Just Observation,

Clark

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
EXECMALIBU,

This happens all the time, when someone posts something possibly negative, whether true or not, it's like someone whacked the Bee Hive with a baseball bat and all the bee's start swarming to defend the honor of the viper.

Fact:
The Viper does not have much storage space.
The Viper is not a perfect car. Which one is?
It is just a car.

You asked a questions and got the answer plus a little extra.

You shouldn't appoligize to anyone for posting a legit question.
This is suppose to be an open formum about the car not a skewed viper dictatorship.

It's just there opinions, Remember opinions are like ****oles, everyone has one and most of them really stink.

Don't let a few bad apples reck your view of the majority of the viper owners. I guess these people's lives revolve around just the car and really get upset when something is said about it that they don't agree with.

Check out one my posts. The bee's were really buzzing about it. http://vca1.viperclub.org/ubb/Forum14/HTML/010113.html

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EXECMALIBU:
I missed my regular daily beating yesterday!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you think that beating was bad try painting a $150,000 dolphin on your hood. I think Remster has the thickest skin of all of us.

Serious Eric

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No hard feelings ... just a little ego compaction for the FNG.
And yes, we are a bit jacked up on ricer withdrawal.

----------------------------

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cstegall:
No Flame Intended...Just Observation,

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Clark, get it right will ya! Where's the "an?"

Sheesh, your own slogan and you got it all screwed up.

No Flame Intended...Just An Observation...

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eric Schieve:
No Observations, Just Flames <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMFAO!! You've just got to one-up me, don't you Eric??? (I know, it's not that difficult...
frown.gif
)

Dixter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
EXECMALIBU....

Spank you, spank you berry much :)

There's enough storage between the mesh pockets and the small
center box for at least a six pack and a few stogies :)

There's also a pocket each behind the seats that will hold a couple of linberger cheese sandwiches too.

Thats pretty good if you ask me for just a night out on the
town.

Shoulda got a GTS... you can put an Ice chest in it :)

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JMcGuire:
Also, for future reference, if you buy the Mopar hard top (don't know about the others) it has two additional pockets in the roof. <FONT size="4">(The problem is, I put stuff in there and forget to take it out when I remove the top -- stupid...)</FONT s>
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

JM (not Jim):

And I though I was the ONLY one! Stupid, meet Stupid!
laugh.gif

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CitySnake:
JM (not Jim):

And I though I was the ONLY one! Stupid, meet Stupid!
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those pockets are useless. Nothing stays in them. Everytime I leave a stoplight everything goes flying out of them and against the rear window. Seems like Dodge should have thought about that on a $75K car. Sheesh.

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Chuck...

Gimme a break...I can't wait to find out what Bigs,Eric and Kunfool are gonna post so I end up fat ********* the keyboard
smile.gif

No Flame Intended...Just an Observation!!!!!!!

CStegall

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard about you & your CAPS. I was starting to make all of my Posts in CAPS as well but I just found out that it bothers some. They say it's hard to read. I never thought that way.
confused.gif

Oh well.

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was one of the first people to respond to your original post. Don't take anything I say too seriously, we just had to initiate one of our newest Viper owners. Hey, can you get me a small bit part in one of your movies? J/K.
biggrin.gif
Have fun with your new Viper.

OP
OP
E

EXECMALIBU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I WOULD OFFER YOU THE POSITION OPPOSITE MICHELLE PFIEFFER WHOM HE LEAVES FOR PAMELA ANDERSON.. (MY FORMER NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR)..

THERE WILL BE SOME FAST ACTION AND ****** SEX SCENES..

BUT IN THE SCRIPT THE GUY DRIVES A VETTE!

I MAY HAVE ANOTHER SCRIPT THAT THE CO-STAR DRIVES A VIPER..
THE CO-STAR HAS A HOT AND WILD FLING WITH RUE-PAUL..ARE YOU AVAILABLE??

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EXECMALIBU:
I WOULD OFFER YOU THE POSITION OPPOSITE MICHELLE PFIEFFER WHOM HE LEAVES FOR PAMELA ANDERSON.. (MY FORMER NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR)..

THERE WILL BE SOME FAST ACTION AND ****** SEX SCENES..

BUT IN THE SCRIPT THE GUY DRIVES A VETTE!

I MAY HAVE ANOTHER SCRIPT THAT THE CO-STAR DRIVES A VIPER..
THE CO-STAR HAS A HOT AND WILD FLING WITH RUE-PAUL..ARE YOU AVAILABLE??

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, that's not funny. I would never allow Rue-Paul to set foot in my Viper. I feel sorry for the poor ******* that has to drive the Vette in the movie too. By the way, what movies have you produced? Anything we would recognize? Did Pam Anderson like to sunbathe in the ****?

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
EXEC, I think you need to send your computer into the repair center as quickly as possible. You see, most machines are set to lower case for the default, and you have to press the cap lock button for it to stay on. You however, seem to have things reversed.... although it appears you occasionally remember to press the cap lock button, switching to lower case on your broken computer, the default quickly kicks in and back you go to all caps! Must be the problem?!! COULDN'T BE THAT YOU ARE SO RUDE YOU IGNORE THE REPEATED REQUESTS TO TURN THE CAPS OFF, COULD IT?
smile.gif

Or perhaps you could benefit from one of those magnifying monitor appliques. Stick one of those on the screen and you'll be thrilled with the lower case! Maybe you have some extreme vision defect (they say it will make you go blind!) that causes your insistence in using the CAPS. I do recall one of your other posts indicating you were looking for a place to put your GLASSES!!
laugh.gif

BTW, Welcome to Viperdom!! Keep generating laughs!!
smile.gif

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SLITHRN:
EXECMALIBU,

The Viper is not a perfect car. Which one is?
It is just a car.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok gang, this guy is next.

Ken Larsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey execmalibu, looks like you found a viper. Sorry just couldnt part with mine. Dont worry about these guys. See there havent been any supra threads for us to bash on in the past few days, so you were the release to some built up smack talking. Good luck with your new viper

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Slithrn,

When I re-read the early thread it looks like you got a lot of responses of concern and not disdain over your situation. I,for one, am very glad that Viper owners are enthusiastic(and yes...sometimes overly)about their cars. There are those on this board that can give someone an educated,experienced response to a problem...and those that can make you laugh...and those that can make you mad. Ain't it just like it is supposed to be?
smile.gif

No Flame Intended...Just Observation,

CStegall

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chuck 98 RT/10:
Ok gang, this guy is next.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

SLITHRN, "NO SOUP FOR YOU"

Serpent 97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is this,the knitting club?I can't believe you guys.I thought this is the club for the baddest car out there.B****es.

Serpent 97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
N. Florida VCA Member

posted 04-12-2002 06:02 AM Back to the top

--------------------------------------------------------------

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Serpent 97 - chill out -

If I remember correctly EXECMALIBU is a DUDE.... so your snide and derogatory chick references are offensive. Do you ever see Viperess, Ariel, DRYVEM or me here complaining about storage space for our knitting needles? I think not!

BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif

BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif

tongue.gif