H2R Time Trial event, OPEN TO EVERYONE

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
June will have several things going on and we need to start getting the word out! This event should prove to be a BLAST. No door to door or wheel to wheel racing, but you are competing against the clock and to be first in your class... if your class is Viper, Vette, or Mini Van, you have to have the best time around the track to stand on that top podium! I also like the idea that multiple drivers per vehicle or multiple vehicles per driver are permitted, lets you drive for a chance to be tops in multiple categories. This is not a VCA event but we have been invited, if you have a '78 Pacer and want to rip it up, come on out! - No fair showing up with the 6.6L Carl Green edition... But this is a run what you brung time trial series event. Will be a lot of fun, even if you don't care about the points it is track time to get to know your car better, you can evaluate yourself with your times. Be the best registration money you ever spent. Now on to the details:

When & Where:
Saturday June 18, 2011, at H2R (Harris Hill Road) in San Marcos, Texas.
This is a full day event, with Food and Beverages provided by ART.

Who can race:
Legally Licensed Drivers of any State or Country

What Vehicles types can Race:
Cars, light Trucks and SUV's, if it's street legal and under 7000 lbs. (No Hummer H2 category I assume) Race Cars built to Road Race are also permitted. Race Class specifics will be announced soon.

Event Description:
ART, Texas Miata Challenge and H2R have paired up to put together an all-day, DE-style Time Trial event.
This event is open to cars of ANY make and model, as long as they meet H2R's 99dBA sound limit, and have proper safety equipment.
Tech inspections are required for this event and can be done free of charge by ART in Buda. A.R.T.
No need for a transponder, as H2R will provide all timing equipment for the day.

What is a Time Trial event:
Race your vehicle around the track in your run group, one lap to warm up,
then two to three laps to run your fastest lap, and one cool down lap.
You are racing on the track with other vehicles in your group, but they are spaced
away from you so as to give you ample room to run your best without running the risk
of running into another vehicle.
You will have multiple sets to both practice and compete.

Where can you register:
Click Here to Register Online

You may also register by phone:
ART (512) 312-2258

Harris Hill Road
512-692-7190 (Austin)
210-807-4570 (San Antonio)

Registration space is limited, so hurry and register !!!
Once the event is full, registration closes.

Tech inspections are each vehicle operators responsibility.
Professional Race inspections can be performed at ART by appointment
free of charge prior to the event.

Registrants already include:
Miatas, BMWs, Porsches, Vipers, Vettes, Mustangs Ford Gt's, Viper Trucks, Srt-8's, Audis, Minis and more.
Multiple Driver's per Vehicle, as well as multiple Vehicles per Driver are permitted.

A BIG thank you goes out to Todd Nelson of ART for the invite to this event and everything ART does for our club.

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had some good questions come in on this already.

Q) What is the cost of this event?

A) The cost on the registration like is as follows: Click Here to Register On-line
H2R Member Entry $75.00 (USD)
Spec Miata TT/Event $185.00 (USD)
Time Trial Entry $165.00 (USD)

This would put most of us at $165 for a complete day of track time, H2R members are at a reduced $75 entry and if you run in the Spec Miata event it is $185. $165 for a entire day of track time is as cheap as it will ever get, especially with transponders and such provided free.

Q) Is this only for qualified amateur racers?

A) This event is open to any legally licensed individual with a vehicle. This is a time event not a wheel to wheel, there is no passing or anything like that, it is you against the clock.

Q) Must I have a roll bar in my RT/10 to run without the top?

A) Viper RT/10 will not be required to have the top on or an aftermarket roll bar installed.

Q) What is a tech inspection and why do I need one/how much do they cost?

A) A tech inspection is a review of your vehicle. It reviews your safety equipment, fluids, and other vital components. Think of it as an in depth State inspection from someone who actually knows what they are doing. It is painless and I recommend it even if you do not race, how many state inspectors can tell you that your clutch fluid is bad just by the color? ART is offering these FREE of charge by appointment only. You can call them direct at (512) 312-2258 to schedule.

Q) Do I need all my own Personal Protection Equipment?

A) If memory serves me correctly H2R has some helmets on-site you can borrow. I highly recommend buying your own helmet as they can be inexpensive and come in more handy as events come around. Also very important is a good set of gloves. Pro driving shoes are not needed, good old athletic shoes are fine, I wear either Puma or Adidas motorsport shoes which cost me $30 at the San Marcos outlet mall. Long pants and long sleeves are a must.

Q) Do I need a 'track car' for this event to be fun?

A) Absolutely not. You will be racing the clock and in your own category in your own car. If I bring my SRT10 RAM I will not be in the same category as a Porsche 911 GT3... If someone brings out a Ford Lightning then it is game on, they would be in my category. If someone has a track ready ACRX it would not be in the same category as a stock 1996 Viper GTS... It will be fair to all who enter, and fun for drivers and spectators.

Any more questions please send them in, I will get them out to all members.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish I could...man, would be nice to get the Gen 1 out on a track agian...maybe even the Vette :O

RevHeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So far, I am the only Viper registered for the event... not counting ART personal. Even if you do not want to run, come on out and see what's it is all about.

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So far, I am the only Viper registered for the event... not counting ART personal. Even if you do not want to run, come on out and see what's it is all about.

Well, we ended up with 4 Vipers if memory serves me correctly. Very good time for all, had good run groups, nice breeze to help keep things cool, great people to BS with all day and just plain fun!

We honestly were going so fast we set the track ablaze! Thankfully no one was hurt and the fire was put out quickly.