Hazard Lights Not Working

sgreiner1011

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I swear, but all I have has so far for 8 days with this Viper are problems. I troubleshoot it and it seems like it defies the laws of physics. First its the back up lights, that seems to be the switch on the tranny, but still I was getting the required 12V at the back up light sockets. Doesnt make sense.

NOW, its the hazard lights. I am getting the required 12V across the hazard relay contacts and across the fuse contacts. I took a hazard relay from another car (exact same one) and put it in and it still didnt work. I then put it back the the car I took it out of and it worked. So its not the hazard relay. The turn signals work fine, why the hell arent the hazards working? I got the service manual, but its not exactly a great manual. What else could be wrong with this damn thing?

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

sgreiner1011

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, I got the manual and started making my own schematics and I came up with the fused wire open before the 20A fuse. I aint gonna tear the dash apart, so I ran my own hot wire with a 10A fuse right to the battery. I just need to get it inspected, then I'll take the fuse out so nothing fries. I know that something probably took that fused wire out, but I dont have time to troubleshoot that right now. Hazard lights work now.

Last edited:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Have you checked the wiring on the back side of the socket into which the hazzard relay plugs?

"Big
Medicine"..an engineer by my recollection...described such a problem on a different relay years ago.

Just a random suggestion.

OP
OP
S

sgreiner1011

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Steve-Indy, I think we are talking about the same area. My problem is that there is an open between the fuse and 12V. There are fused wires behind the center console that I dont have time to take apart. So I just ran a separate wire from the 20A fuse to the battery and they work.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
sgreiner101, hopefully you can pass inspection...then you'll have plenty of time to sort the wiring glitch.

Good luck, and let us know how it all works out.

OP
OP
S

sgreiner1011

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I looked at the history report, nothing says it was ever in New Orleans. It did come from Florida though. I looked everywhere for spots that would suggest flood damage, under the seat (rusted brackets), under the carpet, up inside the compartment between the seats and the trunk, the bolts holding the big driveshaft plate on under the car, almost everywhere I could think of and there is no evidence of it ever being flooded. The CarFax doesnt have anything either. The only thing that I had trouble with (that was out of the ordinary for everyone) were the Hazard lights. Everything else works.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala