headers back exhaust

Matthew Klinger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am starting my research to look for headers and a high flowing exhaust. My questions are:

1. What kind of set up am I looking for? My interests are sound, price, and preformance. I like the "deep" power sound, the rumble.

2. What kind of $$ is a header back exhaust going to run and were is the best to buy in.

3. How hard is it to install, I don't have a lift.

4. What kind of gains would I expect to see.

5. Should I go with high flow cats cause no cats might be to load (for me)

All thoughts and comments are considered and apreciated. I am tired of the hot cockpit. While I am saving $$ for this set up I plan to take my stock cats off.

Thanks to all
Matt :usa:

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Check out Corsa's website, they have a wav file of their sound. When mine was stock, it had a drone in the cockpit at cruising speeds that used to drive me nuts. The Corsa is definitely louder, but doesn't drone at cruise speed.

Cost me $1200 installed, I think, and you can do them your self. Get a Craftsman floor jack, with the 3" lift height.

If I had it to do over, I would have gone with headers and high-flow cats at the same time, but I was in a hurry. good luck with your search. Hey, now there's an idea, try searching the site, you'll find plenty.