Headers HP

viper04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did a search and found some answers, but I was curious as to what HP, people were seeing after install header? It seem to be in the 20hp to 30hp. If you have any experience with this please post. Belanger , B&B, American Racing Headers, M&M Performance,Kooks, ect..Thanks all...:)

Last edited:

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have seen anywhere from 37 to 62 rwhp gain on gen 3's with header and exhaust swaps. That is how much dyno and cars very. That is all with our M&M Performance set up.

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had a set of Balanger installed on my gen 3 and I dint feel much gain out of them, before I had the row hf cats and corsa and I did feel a change then. The problem with the new set up is the drone out of the magnaflows that come with the belangers, plus is all welded together so I can't put my Corsas back on unless I find someone with an extra set of cats from belanger that was set up for the factory mufflers. The good news is that the ups truck sound is gone..

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is my dyno run before and after.

Before run was with Corsa and K&N filters.
After is with ACR-X headers, hi flo cats, and Mopar Pcm.

You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• 08 Viper Dyno003.jpg
    08 Viper Dyno003.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 97
  • 08 Viper Dyno003.jpg
    08 Viper Dyno003.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 105
OP
OP
V

viper04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen anywhere from 37 to 62 rwhp gain on gen 3's with header and exhaust swaps. That is how much dyno and cars very. That is all with our M&M Performance set up.
Mbccenter
Thanks for the reply, I was wondering if the 62 rwhp you seen was with a supercharger car or NA.. That is the highest I have heard of.

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
See how close we got !
The Green line is with similar mods to yours : Belanger Headers, High Flow cats and Mopar PCM : 575.8 HP 548.6 TQ
Red and Blue line was without the Mopar PCM, Blue line run was aborted because it threw a Cell
It clearly shows the Mopar PCM adding power mostly in the 4,400 to 5,800 rpm range ( on my car anyway)

Last edited:

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Gen III laid down 440 whp and ran 12.4 @ 117mph. I added American Racing Headers (stock mufflers) and a tune from A&C performance and dynoed 500whp and ran an 11.5 @ 125mph. The DA was about 2500 ft in both cases.

In short, I found about 60whp and ran almost a second quicker at 1/4. I think I did a thread/video on my car a few years back.

dcvickers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Gen III laid down 440 whp and ran 12.4 @ 117mph. I added American Racing Headers (stock mufflers) and a tune from A&C performance and dynoed 500whp and ran an 11.5 @ 125mph. The DA was about 2500 ft in both cases.

In short, I found about 60whp and ran almost a second quicker at 1/4. I think I did a thread/video on my car a few years back.

Do you have any graphs? What were your mid-range gains?

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dug around and found an old image my headers dyno before the final tune. Its shows 490whp, but later went back and corrected the slight richness at 5500+rpm and gained me those extra 10whp. I couldn't find my stock dyno, but found one one line that is from a stock Gen III and is virtually identical to mine from what I recall. You can see that gains all across the board, and especially on the top end.

Baseline dyno:

After Tune and Headers:

You must be registered for see images

dcvickers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dug around and found an old image my headers dyno before the final tune. Its shows 490whp, but later went back and corrected the slight richness at 5500+rpm and gained me those extra 10whp. I couldn't find my stock dyno, but found one one line that is from a stock Gen III and is virtually identical to mine from what I recall. You can see that gains all across the board, and especially on the top end.

Baseline dyno:

After Tune and Headers:

That's my dyno sheet! I hope I can hit 500hp after my tune. I installed KN, M&M catless headers, and Corsa exhaust.

labtec

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Installed full Belanger system. I have not dyno'ed but it sure didn't lose any power. Now that it has settled in it seems more responsive than before and the sound....the glorious sound :D As mentioned by others there is drone which is controlled by gear selection and the "loud" pedal. Basically I did some testing and determined the drone starts at certain speeds in all gears but goes away, for example 40mph in 4th. At about 65 in 6th it starts droning but goes away if you shift into 5th or continue to accelerate past....let's say the legal limit. I don't mind the 65 mph drone because it usually keeps me within 10 over the limit.....usually :nono:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang