headlight weather stripping?

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey folks, new Gen 3 owner here. My passenger side headlight weather stripping seems to be getting loose on top...any idea how to snug it back?

Also how can I replace my taillight weather stripping?

Thanks!

Ryan

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
The weather stripping has some tabs on it that hook on some little protrusions on the headlight housings. I had a similar issue with mine and finally decided to take a look at it. Easiest to pull the inner fender liner and look at the back of the headlight. I can't remember off the top of my head if I had to remove the housing from the car or not, but my gut feel is that I didn't have to. You can reach in behind the headlight and pull back on the gasket I'm pretty sure.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
It's just the plastic liner behind the wheel. I can't remember if the front is one or two pieces, but if you just look around the perimeter of it you can probably spot all the hardware you'd need to remove. Some of them might just be the plastic push-pin style ones as well. Take the wheel off and take a good look and you can figure it out I think. Might take a little musle to bend things around to fish it out, but shouldn't be too hard.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte