Heater Question

jwolf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2000 RT/10 Last fall everything worked fine. I got it out last week and I had no heater.
Even after the temperature was up no heater. I only drove it about 6 miles but no heat at all.
Do I need to bleed the heater hoses? If so Where is the easiest/best place to bleed them..

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm assuming the fan is working, its just that no heat is being produced.

When you turn the temperature control on the dash up to max heat, is the cable that runs to the water value also moving? If so, is the hose that runs from the value to the heater core getting hot?

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, pop that hood and make sure the lever moves back and forth as you turn the knob from hot to cold
(its just behind the circle air intake opening for the hvac system on the passenger side)(someone correct me if im wrong as im looking at a Gen2 motor)

We're talking about a gen1? how many miles on her?
When is the last time your coolant was changed?
Has the t-stat ever been changed?

Last edited:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Above answers on track...reconnect the loop of the cable to the water valve...have seen this many times on 2000's and 2001's for some reason.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know Jay is familiar with the water control valve and cable attachment, but I'm including a picture for future reference...

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
J

jwolf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Popped the hood this morning and the valve and cable is working. the antifreeze was changed a little over a year ago about 3500 miles ago.
Car has right at 12K miles. If the weather is decent this weekend I get it out and warm it up and see what is up.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If there's heat at other positions, like defrost...there could be a vacuum leak no allowing the controls to work correctly. Without looking at my cars, I beleive there's a vacuum hose connection at the passenger side intake that could be off. Or, the dash controls could have an issue.

OP
OP
J

jwolf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was sunny today so I decide to take the Viper out for a little exerciser, I took it out on the highway an blew to cobs out, when I got back to town the heater was working fine, I guess it had some air in the hose a rapping it up got it out. Heater fixed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery