HELP! HP upgrade on 02 GTS, what to do???

NEWs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi!

i am new on the board, and first of all, Hello everybody!

I am situated in Norway.

We are going to do engine upgrades on a 02 GTS, Final Edition #244, ACR.

We are planning on headers, exhaust, air/intake upgrades, and maybe a supercharger.

We want your opinions, what to not do, and what to do!!!

Who is offering the best systems, whom are you not to deal whit...

Basically, help us out, with your experiences, from when you or your friends did this!

We will bolt on everything here in Norway, and do not want to invent the wheel once again, we want to do a well proven thing, and nothing unsafe/maybe it works stuff!!

Does anyone has any experience with Racing Solutions?,
In advance, thanks !!

NEW¨s
Nils Eirik Wenaas

:2tu:

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, nice viper you got there Congrats!, many systems out there, but in my case i went with B&B full exhaust setup and deleted the cats, if your country allow this and you love it loud then i can assure you this is the best setup so far, a lot of compliments, fit and finish is outstanding, if this not what you want, then maybe:

B&B Headers + Roe High Flow Cats + Corsa Exhaust or Mopar/Borla Exhaust
For air/intake ACR comes with smooth tubes and filters.

Now the supercharger, what about 650/680 HP ? easy installation, great looking supercharger and unbelievable low end torque ? this is what i recommend because i bought the system, also i don’t know your mechanic backgrounds but i know mine, its ZERO (im learning now) when i installed Roe supercharger, the cars runs super smooth and fine, boost is available anytime, 112+ summer days A/C on always stop and go traffic, no problems, you can program your car using Roe VEC2, you can swap smart cards anytime, for tuning the car, “example” running 100 octane fuel or 104 octane ? timing, NOS, etc and it takes 3seconds to re-program the car, easy and feels so great, also i have to mention Sean support he do answer your questions even the silly ones (I did this a lot :p ) lol sorry sean, his support is first class and he is a class man, if you ask me “Are you happy with your setup” the answer is yes, and “Would you do it again”, heheh answer is :D OpSsSs I did it again :D

Paxton S/C also another option you can pick, hope someone installed Paxton S/C can review it here.

Hope this helps feel free to email/PM with any question in mind. Mbn

Click for Some B&B pictures and sound file

Roe VEC2 Smart Card pic:

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
N

NEWs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks!

We have worked a lot on cars, so the mechanic stuff should go fine,

What is more important is that it is truly bolt on, because no one else here in Norway is doing this to a viper, and since we are shipping this parts all the way from the US, we migth as well get the best stuff immediatly!!

So your car is around, 570-590 RWHP??, with the setup youre running now?
:2tu:

Did you buy all your stuff from ROE ??

NEW

OP
OP
N

NEWs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What type of headers, and exhaust systems is the best?

Do you guys do anything with the air/intake system other than adding the s/C..?

NEW

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes my car around 570-590 RWHP, and yes indeed its a direct bolt-on, no modification required, at all , i installed the system with a friend and it was so easy to install, with zero mechanic experience and we did the Roe S/C, so its direct and easy. :2tu:

It comes with a manual (including pictures), all the stuff you need, all you have to do is unwrap, and follow the easy manual.

About the intake system, i have the 70mm throttle bodies, and 70mm smooth tubes with Sean modified air box housing.

There is more to come this days as Sean is developing many upgrades, an intercooler/aftercooler, new VEC2 software including the ability to program your card and burn it on a smart card, individual cylinder fuel trim .etc, pulleys and more.

also Roe S/C comes with a 5psi pulley for cast pistons cars, and 7psi/8psi for forged piston motors.

And yes i buy all my stuff from Roe Racing, for overseas orders i highly recommend him, for his honesty and you can be sure you will get what you paid for.

SUN RA KAT Dyno sheet with the old VEC2.0 now sean is upgrading to VCE2.1+ which adds more power, his car laid down 580.4 RWHP and 607.6 RWTQ ended the run @ 5750 RPM a 600 RWHP+ :eek: is possible

(almost same mods just i deleted the cats)

195100_0162.JPG

Hope this helps. Mbn

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just an FYI.

The Roe blower is made in sweden so if you have any problems you can call autorotor and they might even be able to help.

I bought a roe blower so I am partial to them but there are several other kits that are also great. Heffner might send out parts but I know paxton has a DIY kit.

DadsFinalEdition

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This probably is a repeat question, but I am new on the board and was wondering what in your opinion is the best exhaust. got a 02 final edition, if there is old posts on this, let me know..thanks
Austin

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best exhaust...I'd go for performance, sound, fit and finish:
No doubt: Belengar headers, high flow cats (or none if you can get away with it - loud!), Corsa cat back.

Godsize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What type of headers, and exhaust systems is the best?

i have B&B headers and exhaust and happy with it. :headbang:

Ron98GTS and I installed a B&B full exhaust and no freakin cats on his 98 and it sounds UNSANE! Seat of the pants dyno notes a minor increase in power but the look of twin 4 inch tips out the back and the cacophony of noise is second to none. Rock on! :headbang:

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nils:

Welcome to the dark side. I hope that you have put in plenty of seat time in your Viper and attended at least a couple track schools. The reason is that the weakest performance link in a Viper is the nut holding the wheel.

IMO, if you can't squeeze competitive times (laps or strip), then bolt-on mods will do nothing but reduce your margin for error (and make you look pretty dumb when the ricers spank you at the track).

It comes down to what you are planning to use the HP for? Are you trying to improve 1/4 mile times? Lap times? Dyno numbers for your garage queen?

If you want to improve strip times, I would recommend half shafts and drag radials (this alone will give you at least 1/2 second on your 1/4 mile times) and it's not too expensive. With the tire upgrade, your half shafts will not be able to take the additional traction and will eventually twist like pretzels.

For road course time improvments, I would recommend adding Stop Tech brakes, anti-toe brackets, good track tires and possibly Penske coil-overs (as you establish a baseline with our OE set up).

For poser dyno numbers there are plenty of mods that you can find (from blowers, NOS, exhaust and more). It really comes down to how much money that you have, and how driveable you want your car.

Exhaust upgrades are a no brainer just to help your car breath better. They all seem to put up similar performance numbers, and it comes down to your personal preferences on sound and where you want your power curve (and whether you want more torque or HP).

Once you get your engine numbers over 600 HP, your chassis and suspension will begin to work against you. Once again, the higher that you go with your mod's and HP, it will have a direct affect on your driveability and reliability (short and long term).

OP
OP
N

NEWs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brad!

Hi, thanks for your input,

It is not actually my car, it is for a friend/customer of mine, i imported the car and sold it to him this summer, he has driven it only abt. 1000 miles, and wants to do a HP upgrade, with a S/C and exhaust air, basically just to have some spare horses when he is occasionally driving it. ( you know just for the fun of it) this car will not, or maybe at one point see a track,

I know i¨m in the wrong place know, but i am more a GM man, i have several 69 Camaros, and a 02 GMMG HOT ROD camaro, and some other stuff. But i have to admit that when i was unloading the Viper, and taking it around the block here for the first time, i liked it. Youre lying if youre a car nut, and having problems with admitting that the Vipers is some bad ass cars, i love the looks, and cant wait to get my hands on that restrictive exhaust system!

NEW

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This probably is a repeat question, but I am new on the board and was wondering what in your opinion is the best exhaust. got a 02 final edition, if there is old posts on this, let me know..thanks
Austin

"Best" how? Sound, price, ease of installation?

Practice using that "search" feature! It is soooooooooooooo cool!
You can search headers, cat-back, exhaust, or by brand, Corsa, B&B, Borla, Snake Oyl, Belanger, etc.

Headers will cost around 1800-2500 (roughly)or more, a cat-back about 900-1500 (roughly)this doesn't include the installation.
Good Luck

Chuck B 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any change in exhaust over stock is a better replacement. I really like the Belangers and B&B system. Corsa makes a great catback and so does Borla. The Borla catback is on the loud side - The Corsa is average for sound when cruising but not nearly as loud as the Borla.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine