Help! ....i need to find a way to give my amp power

yellow02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know a few of you guys have aftermarket amps and subs in your cars, and i am in the process of installin my own, however im wondering where your sending your power cable. is there anyway to the battery thru the trunk area of the GTS...or is it better to send it up under the hood... and if so, any pics of where is the best place to send it thru the firewall? thanks a lot guys... i appreciate it!

[image]http://home-admin.rr.com/cgi-bin/TWMain.exe[/image]
You must be registered for see images

fe155

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drilled a hole through the fiberglass area in the trunk by the battery to my amp and ran the cable with no problem, just added an adapter to the positive side for the extra wire.

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this an additional amp or are you replacing the factory amp?

70aftermarket_amp_with_factory_wires.jpg

If its a replacement, you can do like I did "above". If its an additional amp, just run the power to the battery in the back (drill a hole in the floor). Dont run the ground to the battery! Find a good ground on the chassis.

Good luck.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It really is pretty easy. If you look to the rear of the battery that vertical wall/pan provides your access to the hatch area. Depending on the wire size the attachment to the battery could be different. There is a chassis/frame bolt also behind the battery. Remove that bolt and attach your ground wire with a ring terminal and also ********* the vertical pan behind the battery where you run the positive wire. If you tell me the wire size needed, I can give you a termination scheme for the positive to the battery.

There is no need in this case, however, if you want to run wires from the engine compartment into the cockpit the access is simple, merely drill a hole in the top of the drivers toe box. Take a look in "My Gallery", I have pictures of the location for this ***********. I think the picture also includes a NOS controller I built.

In all cases find a 1/2" OD rubber grommet, drill the hole, insert the grommet, run the wires and seal with silicone caulk. The grommet may have to larger for the amp depending on the size of the wire.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang