Help me decide on wheels

ViperCollector

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok, so I won 2nd place in the drawing and have a new set of Michelins due to me. Problem - none of my cars "need" new rubber, so the obvious solution is to purchase a new set of wheels for my Sapphire GTS! :D

Of course, the ACR/BBS wheels look the best IMO, but I don't see any listed for sale anywhere (no, I haven't gotten on the phone to site sponsors yet). I see a couple interesting sets in the classifieds, but am wondering what else is out there. The photoshop of the 09 six spokes is intriguing, but my tiny factory calipers won't do them justice.

Lastly, I'm really not looking to spend more than $1500ish since I've always been of the mindset that "the wheels I have perform just fine". So, if anyone knows of any (either 18's all around, or 18's front, 19's rear), let me know! Thanks all!

Scott

OP
OP
V

ViperCollector

Viper Owner
Reaction score
search six spokes, like these:

http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-srt10-coupe-discussions/631184-6-spokes.html

posters saying they can be found at a good price, maybe from partsrack

Yep, been watching them on eBay (around $1500 shipped) and saw a good photoshop of a sapphire GTS with them on it. I like the look, but I have stock brakes/calipers. No way I can convince my better half that the car needs new shoes too. I tried the argument that the car will be safer/etc., but she figures that if I hurt myself in the car, everything else goes to her anyhow - so why delay it! :omg:

OP
OP
V

ViperCollector

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nope, they told me "for any vehicle". I thought about selling the most expensive I could find, but never thought of a mining truck! LOL

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
at the time i bought mine, there wasn't a 19" PS2 available, now that there is....18/19 for sure !!!

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, been watching them on eBay (around $1500 shipped) and saw a good photoshop of a sapphire GTS with them on it. I like the look, but I have stock brakes/calipers. No way I can convince my better half that the car needs new shoes too. I tried the argument that the car will be safer/etc., but she figures that if I hurt myself in the car, everything else goes to her anyhow - so why delay it! :omg:

so how bad do you think the stock calipers will look (i'm stock abs too) with these wheels

is it only car/wheel guys that even notice stock brakes. i mean, one always notices blinged up brakes, :omg:

but do folks notice purdy wheels and stock brakes :dunno:

i never noticed stock breaks behind nice wheels until i started reading these threads, now i notice

:eater:

OP
OP
V

ViperCollector

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's my concern too, the stock calipers. It was your photo that made me start looking around for the six-spokes until I realized you had the SRT brake upgrade.

Still leaning towards the 09's, if nothing else for the great price they can be gotten for right now....was hoping someone would see this thread and dust off a set of ACR wheels for sale!

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you can spend a little more, I highly recommend you call John Purner at CC Wheels in Daytona. He has the ACR style wheels custom made for your Viper. I had a set and they were awesome and well priced.

OP
OP
V

ViperCollector

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Do they have a website I can look at? Don't see them listed as a site sponsor, and Google shows nothing for them. Have a phone number?

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a set of SRT 5spokes for sale now. (no tires)

I also have a set of Gen 2 ACR wheels. I use them now, but I'd like to sell both sets.

OP
OP
V

ViperCollector

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thx Jason - I'm an idiot. Been calling them CCW's for so long, CC Wheels didn't ring a bell!

Disturbed - PM sent.
Edit - Nope, I didn't send PM (need to be a VCA member). Email me your details on either set (w/photos if you have them). diecastvipers (at) diecastvipers (dot) com

OP
OP
V

ViperCollector

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Disturbed - Haven't heard from you yet. Need to make a decision soon (they want the tires ordered/delivered by the end of the year).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang