Help needed with Wiring Harness

Big Jimbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have installed a 2004 Viper engine and transmission in my 1959 Plymouth :D and am fixing a wiring harness to make the engine run stand-alone. Does anyone have the shop manual picture of the Speed Sensor Pin-out for the Tremec transmission speed sensor for a 2004 Viper? The sensor in the transmission is oval with the locking bump on top and has a 3 wire plug with black, black/white, black configuration. The harness side of the plug should be something like orange, black, white, but I can't figure out the orientationfor the harness side pin-out plug wires. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Jim

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Suggest buying a chassis manual for wiring diagrams. ebay has many.

Ted

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
04 Viper engine did not use a transmission speed sensor, it used the wheel sensor for an input. Replacement transmissions for this engine came with a speed sensor so they could be used in earlier models 1993-2002. So if your transmission has a speed sensor and you are looking for a wiring harness connection, there isnt one.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
04 Viper engine did not use a transmission speed sensor, it used the wheel sensor for an input. Replacement transmissions for this engine came with a speed sensor so they could be used in earlier models 1993-2002. So if your transmission has a speed sensor and you are looking for a wiring harness connection, there isnt one.

Thanks for sharing the info. I don't have an 04, but knowledge is something worth keeping.

Ted

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine