Help with Door Speakers

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's see... Waiting for the wrecker... OR, gettin' it done NOW.

BTW, is your car that dirty?!? I could change the tire w/o too much hygiene inconvenience. And yes, bending over at the side of a Viper might get a few waves... Such an inconvenience...

OP
OP
Z

Zan186

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Car very very clean, road that tire rolls on is very dirty! Taking dirty tire and putting it in the clean trunk space, yeilds introduction of lot's of dirt. Espeacially if it is the rear wheels which are Kumo V7000 that stick to everything foul on the road.
Just say no to putting your road tires in your car! Hell I would call the wife to come pick up the dam tire first in her SUV!

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car very very clean, road that tire rolls on is very dirty! Taking dirty tire and putting it in the clean trunk space, yeilds introduction of lot's of dirt. Espeacially if it is the rear wheels which are Kumo V7000 that stick to everything foul on the road.
Just say no to putting your road tires in your car! Hell I would call the wife to come pick up the dam tire first in her SUV!

Can't argue with that plan. I am also concerned with rear hatch hygiene.

Back to speakers and subs, was at Car Toys in Forth Worth yesterday having a new Alpine CDA9885 put in, and they said they could build a sub box that would fit in the rear corner opposite where the amp is. NOT needing to delete the spare. They would utilize 2 stackable amps that would mount in the current amp location. It's an all day job, but there's a Razoo's Cajun Bar and Grille across the street from there. I'll survive the wait. I'll post the results of that if I do it. The sub, not Razoo's...

crow_48032

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't argue with that plan. I am also concerned with rear hatch hygiene.

Back to speakers and subs, was at Car Toys in Forth Worth yesterday having a new Alpine CDA9885 put in, and they said they could build a sub box that would fit in the rear corner opposite where the amp is. NOT needing to delete the spare. They would utilize 2 stackable amps that would mount in the current amp location. It's an all day job, but there's a Razoo's Cajun Bar and Grille across the street from there. I'll survive the wait. I'll post the results of that if I do it. The sub, not Razoo's...

did they quote you a price on the operation? Can't wait to hear the results! :2tu:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
did they quote you a price on the operation? Can't wait to hear the results! :2tu:

Nuttin' is cheap when you say custom. I think they said $350ish for the box. Don't recall if that included the sub. For sure did not include the 2 amps. They said building the box and everything was an 8 hour job. I was focused on the open heart surgery on my dash while they put the head in. I'll repost the quote when I'm not keeping an eye on the GTS's pulse...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang