Here I go again (last time, I swear!)...

Midgetfist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright,
It seems all I do is beg you guys for help. I'm still searching for the right Viper (very actively, I mean its like an obsession - does it get worse once you buy one?). It's funny, before I was (financially) ready, there were a ton of cars that I would have purchased. Now, stuff I really like seems far and few.

I've found a 2000 GTS in Austintown Ohio, at Bob Eddys Dodge. Is anyone here familiar with them. Can someone take a look at it in the next week. Pleeeeeeeeeeze???? I swear, I wont bug you guys again (this week, at least)
laugh.gif

Douglas

P.S. Anyone have Carfax right now? (now I'm pushing it)
supergrin.gif

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
" I mean its like an obsession. Does it get worse once you buy one?"
laugh.gif
It get much worse
yesnod.gif
, but thats half the fun.
BURNOUT.gif

Douglas; I can't help you with this one. Sorry, good luck.

jrkermode

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Midgetfist,

There is a well known 5 step program for your problem.

1. Buy a car from Bill Pemberton at Woodhouse Dodge (a zillion people have bought from BP, new and used, sight unseen. No one has ever complained about price, vehicle condition or service).
2. Obsess about upgrades.
3. Obsess about upgrades.
4. Obsess about upgrades.
5. Obsess about upgrades.

Kevin Stitely

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have to be joking. I've been surfin vca classifides, auto trader, ebay, etc., and found more than I care to list. What exactly are you looking for????? Try checking out these sites.

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez Doug,

I think selection and pricing is the best as a buyer it has ever been. Someone sold an ACR for 51K, think it was a 99, wow, now is the time to buy, and the coming months is my guess.

Where in Ohio is this car. I'm 30 min from Toledo thru Michigan. If no one steps up the plate from Ohio (Kenny, Rdustman, anyone????), and your dead set on the car, other than verifying condition, let me know........

and the obession only gets worse after purchase, have to trust me on that.......I buy carpet for my garage now. I've got issues!

OP
OP
M

Midgetfist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ryan,
Thanx for the offer. Mapquest estimates that your travel to Austintown/Youngstown would be 360.95 km, with a travel time of 3 hours, 46 minutes. That's pretty frikkin far.
Thanx anyway.

I am pretty set on this one (Red/Silver 2000 GTS), just gotta run the Dodge Service History to be sure - my local Dodge dealer doesn't get too excited about doing stuff like this - know any other way? Carfax is clean. If no one can take a look, the dealer will refund all costs should it fail meet my expectations upon delivery, with the exception of shipping of course.

The car is 45.34 miles/47 minutes East of Akron, 68.76 miles/1.25 hours Southeast of Cleveland, and 70.14 miles/1.3 hours, Northwest of Pittsburgh, PA.

Douglas

OP
OP
M

Midgetfist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BUMP..

Well, this looks like this is the one. 2000 Red w/silver, 3000 miles, under warranty; Carfax and Service history are unremarkable. The dealer will ship, with no obligation. I'm told that there is a slight scratch by the fuel filler cap, and its driving me nuts. Is there anyone in the area that could take a look before I have it delivered next week?

Douglas

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
step up to the plate, sorry that no one is able to help you out with this snake. but if you really think about it you are only about 4 hours away. Fly into cleveland or pittsburg and check the car out for yourself. If your really really serious. Only you can make the decision.

OP
OP
M

Midgetfist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not that anyone gives a cr@p, but I ended up passing on this one yesterday, as it has a build date of 10/20/99.
dead.gif

Douglas

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be patient my good man. I am in the market again and I can assure you that you will find what you are looking for. There has never been a better time to buy a used Viper.