Here is a place to talk about the Wizard

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please remember, CHUCK himself wanted us to be 'professional' in our dealings...we understand the SENTIMENT behind your shirt bigmike...true enough...but Chuck himself preferred we be 'professional' as possible...which is a good idea. We can get as mad as we WANT to, that won't accomplish anything.
That would be a good t-shirt under maybe the Fangs Snake Pit thread? As it IS what we all feel.
~~~juli

OP
OP
V

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sent! Rock on Chuck! Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help!

Well how about this?:D:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome Sparich
How about sending some of these? No note needed I would think.

Worked for some stupid tv show with what, peanuts was it?

You must be registered for see images

Quote:

Any time someone would ask me, "Hey Tator where are you from?" and I'd answer without hesitation "Idaho"!:D

Jerome, perfect!!:2tu:

We are trying to get Chrysler Financial's attention to the fact that they HAVE lost sight of their roots and their heritage! Any door we can go through at CF should make a statement!

You can mail your potato and note to: Chrysler Financial Customer Service Contact Info | Chrysler Financial

It worked with the wall and the brick mailing campaign!:usa:

Thank You for your support!:cool:

Congrats to Ryan Newman for winning the 50th running of the Daytone 500 driving a Dodge!!:2tu::2tu:

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sent e mail to them. Hope it is not too nasty:

I am writing today on behalf of Tator’s Dodge in South Salem, New York.

I have read many disturbing things about Tator’s Dodge possibly loosing their franchise and this is perhaps the worst idea for the Viper community, let alone for the Chrysler/Dodge brand itself.

First off, Tator's Dodge has been around for over 90 years! When you think about it, how many dealerships, let alone businesses can you think of that have been around that long? Tator's Dodge is not just a dealership and service facility, it is a historic facility that is well known in it's area let alone the WHOLE Viper and Dodge community. If you ask almost ANY Viper owner, you will learn how much of an asset Tator's Dodge is. Even after several years of searching I have still not be able to find a dealership on his level. There are VERY few competent service areas around our area let alone around the county! Many people think that working on a car is a just a simple standard practice, but speaking from experience, many dealerships do not know what they are doing when it comes to working on our cars. I have personally been screwed by SEVERAL dealerships and Tator's Dodge is the ONLY dealership that has been able to consistently repair and maintain my car to my standards which are not even that high. All I ask for is a decent repair so that I do not have to come back in a few days; and Tator's Dodge gives it to us.

I would hope that your planned or proposed actions regarding Tator's Dodge would be reconsidered for the better of this community. It is very hard to find a competent dealership let alone one that offers the personal service and comradery that Tator's Dodge offers. Where else can you sit and talk to the tech's let alone the owner of the dealership and learn more about your car or how to repair it. Tator's Dodge is what Chrysler needs PERIOD!

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck....Do you have a street address for Chrysler Financial?
PO Boxes usually will not accept potatoes....

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today received the following email from the email I forwarded to Dodge about Tator's Dodge. I don't know WHY they say 'when a dealership CHOOSES to close its doors?'
Discouraging to say the least...I don't know what more I can do...I'm sorry, Chuck. Let me know if you think of something else I can do (besides sending potatoes...come ON people!!!) ~juli

Dear Juli :
Thank you for contacting the Chrysler Customer Assistance Center
regarding the closure of Tator?s Dodge Dealership.
We have received and reviewed your email and in response to your email
regarding the closure of dealership was disappointing. Indeed, there are
circumstances when a dealership chooses to close its doors. Because
dealers are independently owned and operated, they are responsible for
addressing concerns related to their sales and service activities,
including addressing the concerns of customers affected by their
closure.
Although we are unable to provide a more favorable reply, we appreciate
you bringing this matter to our attention. Your feedback will be
retained in our dealer files.
Thanks again for your email.
Sincerely,
Mike Hanes
Customer Service Representative
Chrysler Customer Assistance Center

Kmrumedy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today received the following email from the email I forwarded to Dodge about Tator's Dodge. I don't know WHY they say 'when a dealership CHOOSES to close its doors?'
Discouraging to say the least...I don't know what more I can do...I'm sorry, Chuck. Let me know if you think of something else I can do (besides sending potatoes...come ON people!!!) ~juli

Dear Juli :
regarding the closure of Tator?s Dodge Dealership.
We have received and reviewed your email and in response to your email
regarding the closure of dealership was disappointing. Indeed, there are
circumstances when a dealership chooses to close its doors. Because
dealers are independently owned and operated, they are responsible for
addressing concerns related to their sales and service activities,
including addressing the concerns of customers affected by their
closure.
Thanks again for your email.
Sincerely,
Mike Hanes

I got the exact same letter word for word today but from a different person. Just a form response I guess.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's what I got...

Dear Matt:

regarding the Chuck Tator's closing.

We appreciate the time and effort you took to write to us.

Learning of your dissatisfaction with Chuck Tator's closing was
disappointing. Indeed, there are circumstances when a dealership chooses
to close its doors. Because dealers are independently owned and
operated, they are responsible for addressing concerns related to their
sales and service activities, including addressing the concerns of
customers affected by their closure. Therefore, we cannot require
another dealer to honor any commitments made by the dealer in question.

Although I am unable to provide a more favorable reply, I appreciate you
bringing this matter to my attention. Your feedback will be retained in
our dealer files.

Thanks again for your email. We appreciate you and your business.
Sincerely,

Spring Morgan

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How disappointing and ironic. Chrysler responds with a misinformed form letter to a customer about dealer who has NEVER responded to a customer with anything less than a personal phone call to make certain that all's well. :rolleyes:

The whole matter is just so damn disturbing!

This is the definition of corporate cluelessness!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this really a surprise to anyone? Some customer service rep who has no idea what a Tator's Dodge is, is going to print our emails and walk them over to someone at Chrysler that actually cares? Like most customer service desks...they'll look for stock, canned response email templates and fill in the blanks. Unless there's a significant number of inquiries I doubt this issue will even show up as a blip in their tracking system. Hopefully, sooner or later, we'll get a customer service rep that knows the situation and will make an attempt to raise the issue to someone higher up at Dodge. It's highly unlikely that Chrysler Financial and Dodge customer service even talks to one another. So its not surprising that these customer service folks have no idea what's going on. Hopefully our emails will make them more aware.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, Tony, it's NOT a surprise to me at all. We used the link Chuck provided...this is the outcome. I have NO clue what ELSE can be done...phone calls would seem to have same effect as emails...same with letters. *All put in dealer's file*...but MISINFORMED, as I wrote EVERY DAY to them...I had NO clue they'd respond that CHUCK CHOSE TO CLOSE!!!!! HUHHHHHHH?????? !!!!! ***???????
Okay, vented....now what else can we do, Chuck? ~juli
(I am NOT sending potatoes)

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got this response from them today:

Dear Anthony:

Thank you for contacting the Dodge Customer Assistance Center regarding your experience at Tator's Dodge.

Learning of your satisfaction with the service you received was exciting. We are continually striving to assist Dealers in providing complete customer satisfaction. We are happy to hear Tator's Dodge has provided such great service.

Information received from customers better enables us to evaluate dealer service activities. Rest assured that your comments will be properly recorded.

As far as them losing their license, that information is either unavailable or considered proprietary.

Thank you again for your email.

Sincerely,

Jeni

Chrysler Customer Assistance Cente

Kmrumedy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's what I got - same as you guys: Do you think these customer reps actually exist?...weird names.

Dear John:
regarding Tator's Dodge.

We appreciate the time and effort you took to write to us.

In response to your email regarding the closure of Tator's Dodge, we
would like to inform you that there are circumstances when a dealership
chooses to close its doors. As dealers are independently owned and
operated, they are responsible for addressing concerns related to their
sales and service activities, including addressing the concerns of
customers affected by their closure.
Thank you again for your email. We value you and your business.
Sincerely,
Yardan King

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If just 7 (yes seven) of you would have purchased a new car from Tator you would have doubled his annual sales. Sales is the primary purpose os a new car dealership. When a company (have any of you been reading about Chrysler in the past several years???) is on the ropes it needs to, or really must, do everything in its power to create earnings potential. Creating a positive cash flow from a store is paramount in that pursuit.

BTW I too have enjoyed purchasing parts from Chuck and enjoyed his thoughtful service comments here. He is an asset to the Viper nation no doubt. I wish him and Tators the best in whatever the roads lead him to.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If just 7 (yes seven) of you would have purchased a new car from Tator you would have doubled his annual sales. Sales is the primary purpose os a new car dealership. When a company (have any of you been reading about Chrysler in the past several years???) is on the ropes it needs to, or really must, do everything in its power to create earnings potential. Creating a positive cash flow from a store is paramount in that pursuit.

BTW I too have enjoyed purchasing parts from Chuck and enjoyed his thoughtful service comments here. He is an asset to the Viper nation no doubt. I wish him and Tators the best in whatever the roads lead him to.

I sense some sympathy for Chrysler in your comments. I hope if Chrysler is really on the ropes that ALL corporate employees are devoting EVERY minute in their working day to create earnings potential for the corporation, and not wasting corporate time in ANY frivolous activities.
And nice that you bought a couple parts, but if you want to lecture about buying cars from him make sure you did so before you start that particular lecture. Some of us actually did.

488civ10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perhaps you are able to comprehend the corporate point of view. I don't and that is why I just left the corporate world at age 29. Execs can't see past "positive cashflow." They don't understand the intangibles a person like Chuck Tator brings. Can you show me where passion or devotion or spirit is listed on a statement of cashflows?

I'm on the West Coast, never met Chuck and have only owned my Viper for 4 months, but I'm capable of understanding that without people LIKE HIM, I might never have had the chance to be a part of something so great... the Viper community.

So who does Cerebus need more? A man that lives, eats and breathes Viper, not to mention a living part of Chrysler history or the sales monkey that harasses people browsing the car dealership in the name of "positive cashflow?" Well, I can certainly tell you who is more replaceable of the choices, that's for sure.

488civ10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope if Chrysler is really on the ropes that ALL corporate employees are devoting EVERY minute in their working day to create earnings potential for the corporation, and not wasting corporate time in ANY frivolous activities.

Fat chance... they probably don't even know their entire product line.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regarding the emails some of us received back from Chrysler with DIFFERENT Customer Rep names???
GET RID of the unnecessary so-called customer service reps (what good are they doing us?, and do they REALLY exist?? All these different names, same message????)...save the money to actually LISTEN to the customers, and keep Tator's Dodge open...HE is the one who listens to his customers....not these so-called customer service reps. Rant done....juli

Martin2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is what I got the other day:

Dear Martin:

Thank you for your email regarding the service you received from Tators

Dodge.

We do appreciate the time and effort you took to write to us.

Learning of your satisfaction with the service you received was
exciting. We are continually striving to assist Dealers in providing
complete customer satisfaction. We are happy to hear Tators Dodge has
provided such great service.

Information received from customers better enables us to evaluate
dealer
service activities. Rest assured that your comments will be properly
recorded and hopefully will be real fruitful in saving Tators Dodge
from
closing Down.

Comments like yours are really important for us to keep a check on the
dealerships and also recognise the best performers.
Thanks again for your email. We value you and your business.

Sincerely,

Peter Smith

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is what I sent:

Hello all.
I just wanted to mention that I was looking at a Ferrari 360, and a Lamborghini Gallardo before I bought the Viper. I talked to many people in CT and they told me that not only was Chuck Tator at Tators Dodge closeby, but he was a class act and has old fashion American business values. I bought the Viper and have never been happier. When I go to Chuck Tator for servicing the experience and nostalgia at Tators Dodge is like none other I have experienced anywhere. Chuck treats every client like a family member and always calls to check on you to see how the car is running after he has worked on the car. I not only picked Viper b/c it is American, but also b/c of what Dodge stands for; in my opinion Dodge is Chuck Tator, and Chuck Tator is Dodge. Small town, honest, hard working, fair and friendly. That small town ethic is what has built this country and we cannot and should not turn our backs on people like Chuck. The Tator family not only helped build the Police and Fire stations in his town, but Chuck is a veteran from the U.S. Air Force. People drive hundreds of miles to visit Tator's Dodge, bypassing numerous other Dodge dealerships. Shutting down Chuck Tator sends the message that Dodge does not respect those basic American values we all cherish so much. And that definitely is not Dodge, after all, look at all the wonderful vehicles Dodge makes; vehicles with attitude, quality, and muscle and affordability. That is Dodge, and that is also Tator's Dodge. Losing Tator's Dodge is infinitely more than just losing another Dodge dealership. It is losing a piece of our heritage.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang