Hey DC, the Viper crowd likes this...(Admin note attached)

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Re: Hey DC, the Viper crowd likes this...

MAKARA- LOL!!! Funny thing is, that's kinda what I used to do, except it was accross the country instead of the border, and I actually OWNED the cars. LOL.

Trust me, I have seen the light. Stripping a Girl of her clothes is much more fun than stripping a car of its parts! hahaha

If you are serious about the tail light, let me know and I will PM you a price for a new one.

dennis

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That's what everyone wants to see...

You must be registered for see images

NOTTDADZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

DC LISTEN UP!! Build the GTS-R and keep Viper alive this new design will not keep Viper on top where it belongs. Don't let this legacy die PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

I would never buy an SRT-10 convert or the coupe...I will stick with my GTS and I would go look at other brand cars.

Build the concept coupe and I will buy that in a heart beat. The SRT-10 Vipers have lost their appeal. Why tear down the image that Chrysler/Dodge made with the original Viper with the POS SRT-10.

cratica

Enthusiast
Reaction score

DC may not listen to us, but they sure will listen to all the dealers who can't get those SRT's off the lots. I never thought I'd see the day where Dodge dealerships were offering $$$$thousands off any new Viper like Cheby has to do with the vettes every year. They HAVE lost their appeal. Shame on you DC. Terrible call.

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Chuck nailed it.

That GTS/R is hot. I don't know what the hell the designer of the current SRT Coupe was doing when, "Hey, I know! We should put a Gen II rear on the SRT and make it a hardtop with visible seam lines! That will be a hit, for sure!" popped into his head. What kind of convoluted thinking is this?

Honestly, it has to be the same group of guys who approved vehicles like the Aztek for production.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

12.50%
I am very pleased with the Coupe and will purchase one in Fall, 2005. (9 votes)

8.33%
I am somewhat disappointed but still plan on purchasing the Coupe in Fall, 2005. (6 votes)

18.06%
I am very disappointed and am considering canceling my plans to purchase the Coupe in Fall, 2005. (13 votes)

15.28%
I had firm plans to purchase but have now canceled these plans to purchase a 2006 SRT-10 Coupe. (11 votes)

45.83%
I never had any interest in the 2006 SRT-10 Coupe and don't plan to order one. (33 votes)

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't know what the hell the designer of the current SRT Coupe was doing when, "Hey, I know! We should put a Gen II rear on the SRT and make it a hardtop with visible seam lines! That will be a hit, for sure!" popped into his head. What kind of convoluted thinking is this?
I don't think the designers can be blamed if they are not given a clean sheet to work with. In this case, it looks like DC specifically asked them to convert the convertible to a coupe reusing most of the body parts and related tooling. In the press conferences, they even take pride in it. So it's the executives at DC who should get the blame.

DC's flagship sports car status seems reduced to that of a modular kit car!

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

that is one of my screen savers.

AWESOME!!!!!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

tracie, when ya sellin' the pizza place and buyin' yer good buddy (namely, me) from the north one???? :D

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This car is absolutely beautiful and I too would buy one right away but DC is just like all the other manuf. You mentioned that the new coupe is an SRT with a hard top and I could not agree more. This is the CHEAPEST way for DC to get the car out and make the most PROFIT. Thats their number 1 interest, not you or me. Their time and costs to tool and CHANGE the rear end like this one (breath taking) would cut into their little profit margin and only add dollars to your drive out price.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score

1999GTSVenom700 thanks for reviving this thread. I've been looking for the above photos of the GTSR Concept car. Unbelieveable car. This car above could be a bigger hit for DC then the Gen 1/2, but will they build it?

Not a chance.

youngvipery

Enthusiast
Reaction score

With regard to the photo of the GTS-R (see above) I was the sole video cameraman on that shoot – and actually got to ride in the car while taking on-board footage. It made a stock Viper feel like a mid-range Mercedes sedan! This is one car that’s not getting out of second gear on the freeway!!!

Since the late 80’s I’ve filmed more than 100 different concept cars. This one, without a doubt, had to be one of the most fun assignments!

I thought you might like to see some video I took of that very car (the red and silver one) as well as the Canaska Racing car (green and white) that raced at Daytona. I also have some shots of concept Vipers at Willow Springs and the Proving Grounds.

http://www.bestmedia.com/stableroad/auto.html or main page at http://www.stableroad.com . Visit “race” for the Canaska shots and “concept” for the GTS-R.

I edited these videos as a part of my camera operator reels, so there are a few other vehicles in the videos (Ferraris, Bugattis, Chrysler concept cars etc).

I’ll also be posting more footage exclusively of the GTS-R - driving shots, interiors, Viper press meetings and the likes in the near future. Stay tuned.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That GTS-R looks mean rolling. Thanks

I thinks all those Chrysler concepts look great.

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score

buy a comp coupe, add all the street goodies (10-50k?) & register it as a kit car. done.

Bluvenm97

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Build it DC! We want it. I'll leave my wife's car out in the driveway just to make space in the garage :2tu: