Hey DC, the Viper crowd likes this...(Admin note attached)

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Hey DC, the Viper crowd likes this...

too little too late, I'm sure there's a few already built, mods are made, machine shops have the parts in hand, castings are done, etc.

:) :)

Gerald

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Looks Great! I think I could put another lift in my garage to make room for one of those!

:2tu: :2tu:

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The GTS-R concept is a stunning car, but the roofline is a bit "squashed" for my taste. I still don't like the side vents on the SRT, but they're obviously here to stay.

The blue thing shown at VOI is absolute junk. An incoherent mix of styling cues with no master plan.

larry milo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That's the One... And if its 600 + HP it'll be the 3rd in my garage!

Please produce it for the people!

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

When is the new official coupe going to be unveiled and where??? The suspense is killing me...AL...

Jan 5th at a rooftop party in the evening at the Peterson Museum. They don't want any Gen I or Gen II Vipers at the party, though.

RC Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree. Make a street Comp Coupe with a horsepower boost and it will sell! They need to do something! I have been a Viper fan since the beginning and it hurts to see this happen. The new Z06 is going to be hard to resist for a lot of people. Same horsepower, less weight, and $10K less (even at the top end of the price estimates).

Heysie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Maybe all these posts should be in German. BTW is the CC still available? Is there any way to make one street legal?

I think it must be possible to make it street legal in the United Kingdom, they have cars like the Westfield XTR2 and Radical SR3 being road legal. :shocked:

Fiorano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Having just bought a Viper, it HAD to be an old gen2 GTS. The gen3s just weren't cutting it styling-wise. Now I know why I hate MBs.

BUILD THIS CAR!

I agree. I bought my GTS FE right as the Gen IIIs were coming out. It wasn't even a decision between the two. The Gen IIIs have grown on me, but will never be the classic the GTS is. Also, MBs are pieces of junk. I currently don't know anyone who has one w/o serious problems.

FlyBryViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Build it and I'll buy it! Nuff said.
My 01 GTS is primarily my tack car now, so I will be shopping for a new street toy soon!

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So said Gerald: It's pretty much similar to the SRT10 isn't it? Just a low sloping roof, lowered..?

G

Exactly, so why is it that all of you are so excited about this car? It looks good, but not great. The wing is pretty ugly. The car has the SRT angled side vents, as well as the other angles and edges found on the SRT. This car does not look as good as the Gen 1/2 Vipers. Why get excited about a car design that isn't as good as those?

So said Hisserman: One set of rumors says that DC used the old GTS rear end because it has already passed the required crash testing. That seems like BS because the GTS rear wasn't a hatchback (which would certainly affect the structural rigidity)! But even if it was true, why such a cheap as* approach on what is supposed to be a leading class car? After all, the '53 DeSoto rear end will probably meet current crash standards, why not use it? :p

That is a fact, and which is why the rear end won't change in any substantial way in the eventual coupe that comes out. Also, we'll continue to be stuck with the angles and edges found on it (that come from the SRT-10), because they won't put that much redesign work into both the SRT-10 and new coupe that soon. At this point, all we can hope for is that they will stand by their VOI8 statement that the Viper will continue to outperform, and as a result, give us at least 600 HP (even if they underrate it by saying "550") while maintaining superior braking and other performance. An appearance redesign will have to wait for the next iteration.

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So said Gerald: It's pretty much similar to the SRT10 isn't it? Just a low sloping roof, lowered..? G

The GTS-R design and the SRT-10 design share only one thing in common that I can see, the lines on the hood.

In my opinion, and for my style and taste, This (the GTS-R) is my perfect version of the meanest, emotion evoking, announce to the world, I'M A VIPER, I DARE YOU TO EVEN THINK ABOUT F#@&ING WITH ME, Gen III SRT-Coupe that DC could ever build!!! Of course it needs about 650 Naturally Aspirated HP. No blower needed.

If the GTS-R was the Gen III Coupe, I wouldn't be able to get my money to the dealership fast enough!!!

For the record, I did out right bash the concept Coupe they showed us at VOI 8. I was there, saw it, I touched it. In my opinion, they should just build the GTS-R and use that as the new coupe. Making only the changes they need, like raising the sides a little (very little) for real life street clearance, etc...

The GTS-R version makes the Gen I and Gen II's look tame, not to mention what it makes the Concept Coupe from VOI 8 look like.

THIS (the GTS-R) IS A WILD AMERICAN EXOTIC, AN AMERICAN STATEMENT - DON'T TREAD ON ME!!, attitude.

Where do I send my money for the GTS-R?

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So said Gerald: It's pretty much similar to the SRT10 isn't it? Just a low sloping roof, lowered..? G

The GTS-R design and the SRT-10 design share only one thing in common that I can see, the lines on the hood.

So I guess you don't see the side of the car and the similar angled side vents (as opposed to the curved ones on the Gen 1/2 viper)?

VIPERCANE

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That is one ferocious looking snake. Wow, I too would definitely add that to my garage in a heartbeat if it was out there. Come on DC, "Just do it".

Bindy

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just build the 2000 GTS-R concept, minus the silly roof scoop, and you've got a winner.

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Why doesn't Joe House answer that? He is close to the people there so what's the deal? Why are they trying to kill off this beautful machine with complete sht design? I still don't think the new Viper looks aggressive.All the nice lines were taken away from the car that made it look like the beast it is.They did the same crap with the 911 and it never was the same after that

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If DC builds this car, the complaining will get even LOUDER!

Everyone will be complaining that there is too long a wait to get delivery, and that all the collectors are buying them up at premium prices.

I predict that if DC produces the Coupe as shown at VOI Autoform will be soon producing aftermarket rear body kits to fufill the demand.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

Everyone will be complaining that there is too long a wait to get delivery, and that all the collectors are buying them up at premium prices.

I'd rather ***** about losing my chance at such a beauty then never be given it in the first place.

Mr U-2

Enthusiast
Reaction score

When I saw the proposed new coupe in this issue of the Viper Magazine my heart sank...WHY would they pass up a beautiful street version CC for for a patched together SRT/GTS? The first Competition Coupe I saw in person was Woodhouse's CC when we ran the SRT-4 Nationals last year at No Problem Raceway, LA. I couldn't take my eyes off it...it's beautiful and aggressive from every angle.

I read that a streetable CC would be too difficult to get past crash certification. That sounds like an excuse from a business case presentation not the passion of a car guy company.

I love my GTS and I'd buy a second Viper if it was a CC for the street. I will probably consider something else if all that's offerred is what was shown at VOI8 and in the VCA mag. I hope DC is listening.

Paul :usa:

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If DC builds it, I might actually get a job to pay for it.

VIPER52USA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Many of you are saying you would only buy it if it were 600+ hp, well, I would rather have the CC with 500 hp then the coup that is going to be coming out with 550 - 600 hp. I really don't want a fugly fast car.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

They need to build the GTS-R concept! Even though, there couldn´t be a worse time for me to purchase one, I would find a way for that Machine!! :2tu:

If they build the coupe shown at VOI, then I won´t have to worry about anything, cause I ain´t buying!

SJT97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If DC makes this car, I will buy eleventy-billion of them! :rolleyes: It's not gonna happen, so either like the new Coupe or don't, it's that easy.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The prototype rear end is still a little boxy for my tastes.

I waited to see what the new coupe was going to look like to give DC another chance at the Gen III car. I saw the pictures from VOI and then decided to spend my money on a nice 97 blue/white GTS to sit beside my 01. C'mon DC! Why aren't you listing to us?

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Many of you are saying you would only buy it if it were 600+ hp, well, I would rather have the CC with 500 hp then the coup that is going to be coming out with 550 - 600 hp. I really don't want a fugly fast car.

The only thing worse than buying an ugly fast car is buying a slow pretty good looking car.

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

CC :( the best and the ignored design by DC how strange :confused:

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i am becoming more and more assured that i WILL NOT be buying a new viper in my future. i shall eventually get an ACR but as for the new viper option; its simply not an option. DC has definitely lost their intelligence and comon sense. goo dthis i love the ford GT, that will look good next to my rt10. customized of course as it needs work too (the GT)

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Why don't they S/C the Viper just like Ford is? :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32