Hey DC, the Viper crowd likes this...(Admin note attached)

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Hey DC, the Viper crowd likes this...

C'mon!!!!!!!! Build the damn thing!!!!!!!!!!!

I won't be able to afford one but I can still drool... :D

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Seeing the two coupes together at VOI was the acid test. The GTSR prototype was far and away more striking and desirable than the SRT/10 coupe. DC please build it!! I want one in my garage.

Bob K

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think DC would admit the current VIPER OWNERS IS LARGELY going to be their customers for future Vipers. Why won't they listen? I know this is OLD ***** NEWS but I still can't understand the Japanese Toyota Camry designer designing the Viper.
If they are simply going to add a roof, it's not going to fly.

No wonder Lutz left. DC's got not nutz.

Dv8tor

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I don't even own a Viper. Yet. But that thing is way sweet! Much nicer then the coupe planned to be released.

PSilverGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I agree! Here are some pictures I took a couple of years ago. Sorry for the blurr, the platform was moving very fast.
You must be registered for see images

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

***sploooooooooooooooge***

Damnit, where's my hand towel at? I just ****** all over the screen.

That's DROP DEAD GORGEOUS..

G

Doc.

Enthusiast
Reaction score

DC is fully aware of how much we all love this design. It has been stated many times on this board and I know that they follow these posts. I too am dumbfounded as to why a company wouldn't want to build such a runaway hit.

Doc

PSilverGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I felt cheated when I saw the SRT 10. Dodge kept the first Viper and Prowler concepts designs almost exactly the same as the production models. If the SRT 10 was shown as the concept model(especially being a convertible) at the time they would have seen the dislike and made it into the GTS R. The GTS R would look great with a targa top or t-tops! Forget the convertible.

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I love my RT/10 and plan to let my son inherit it someday.

I've considered buying a Gen II GTS to have a coupe as well.

I will not buy a SRT 10 or anything resembling the proposed SRT coupe.

If DC brought a street legal, high HP version of the Comp. Coupe to market... I would absolutely make room in my garage and buy one.

DC is doing all kinds of "exotic" things under the MB badge with AMG, etc. Why not here in the U.S.A. under the Dodge badge? Build it!

LIRacer

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I have my deposit check wriiten. I'll put the date on it WHEN DC GETS IT FRIGGIN' RIGHT! Build the Comp Coupe and trash that SRT-10 abortion.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

I'd give my left nut for a street legal CC!... Well I guess that wouldn't be much of a loss especially since the VOI8 coupe can't even warm it up anyway.

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm sure it's all about the cost of building this for the street that makes them want to put out the easy ugly version instead. But who can we talk to at DC to see if they can be persuaded to change their minds? When all your existing customers are unanimously agreeing on one design it shouldn't be too tough a decision on which direction to go?

I'm a perfect example of an existing and potential customer, I won't buy what they are proposing now but I would buy the one pictured above. I am thinking about getting something new but it won't be a Viper if they don't make it considerably more interesting than the current one they showed at VOI.

Can't we start a voting post and point the decision makers to it as a start? Getting the right car built could be one of the goals of our new national VCA executives!

VIPER52USA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I would also give your left nut for a cc!

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If DC wants to keep the Viper on top, this is THE car that has to be built. Line for line. It's stunning. You don't have to talk yourself into liking it like with the car shown at Vol. 8.

Jeff

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It is LOVE at first sight!!!

Cudaman :usa:

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It's pretty much similar to the SRT10 isn't it? Just a low sloping roof, lowered..?

G

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I too love the CC.

Notice there is no rear bumper on the CC...not necessary on a track only car but necessary on a street car.
This lack of a rear bumper is a large part of the attractivness of the CC.

Hence the butt ugly rear bumper on the VOI coupe.

I'm not sure if a rear diffuser like that can be incorporated into the bumper or not and whether it would look good if it could.

The slope of the roof on the rear is a critical ingredient to the look of the car and needs to be incorporated into the coupe IMO.

I like the wing but it can be made optional.

OP
OP
C

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Notice there is no rear bumper on the CC...not necessary on a track only car but necessary on a street car.

Not so sure about that. I believe the "bumbers" you see on Vipers are really just bumber covers. If so, no reason there couldn't be a bumber hidden under the skin of this rear end.

Besides, I'm pretty sure most track only cars have bumbers too.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I too love the CC.

Hence the butt ugly rear bumper on the VOI coupe.

I'm not sure if a rear diffuser like that can be incorporated into the bumper or not and whether it would look good if it could.

The slope of the roof on the rear is a critical ingredient to the look of the car and needs to be incorporated into the coupe IMO.

I like the wing but it can be made optional.

Like chuck said it's hidden underneath, look at the back of an Enzo or any other ferrari, no distiguishable bumper to be seen

Peter-RedGTS'98

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dear DC,

Building a new GTS with Comp Coupe styling will serve a crowd who likes more aggressive style --- I mean Gen II crowd. These people were disappointed with japanese styling on SRT10. I am one of them. Keeping SRT10 will serve more moderate Viper crowd. So, DC, you will target much wider audience offering both cars.

BTW, I would be very happy to buy a new Gen III CompCoupe GTS (with minimum 550 HP) or will stick to my Gen II GTS for the rest of my life. Amen.

AlbertFattal

Enthusiast
Reaction score

EVERYBODY is so passionatly wanting this car. All the money is written and ready to be sent. The garages have been emptied to accomidate one more lethal snake. MAKE THIS 2000 GTS-R CONCEPT!

Bill B

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The reason I bought my car in the first place was the styling and performance. You don't mistake a Gen 1 or 2 for something else. The SRT while a damm good performer looses (imho) with the styling. It blends into the crowd to easy. The above pictured concept would not be mistaken for any other car. If they build it I just may come.

snakebitdave

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I eagerly anticipated each purchase of my Vipers even though I wasn't overly excited about the styling of the SRT10. The SRT10 appealed to me because it was the "new generation" and its performance exceeded the others. I have already decided not to purchase a Gen III coupe if it looks like the concept shown at VOI8, especially if only 500hp. Nothing to get excited about.

So, I want to chime in with all the others-bring on the street version of the CC and give us something to be excited about. I haven't heard anyone critisize its style unlike 75% (just gussing) of us who are unhappy with the SRT10's style....or the concept shown at VOI8.

TomSlick

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Just build it, and we'll buy it. That be most everyone here (arg). THE GTS-R IS THE MOST EXOTIC MUSCLE CAR TO DATE! Up the price if you have to. We will pay a premium price for what we want. 600 HP a must. Thanks for your time. Waiting and wondering.

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Maybe all these posts should be in German. BTW is the CC still available? Is there any way to make one steet legal?

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score

You know...I was planning on buying a Diablo SV in a year or so cause I did not like the new Viper coupe. With that said, the Diablo SV is $150k...so if DC makes a car like the CC and bump the price from the 90k to say maybe 100k for extras...I will buy the CC over the Diablo in a heart beat.

But I guess everyone can dream... :( that someday the consumer will get what they want...

Jcoopacr2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good post Chuck. I ve said the same thing from day one , [whenever that was]. Build it like this or with as few changes as possible to make it legal. And bump the horsepower to 550 or so, and we will buy it. Yaear me DC?

Dave Dugal

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Adding nothing new. Just yet another vote and checkbook ready to put a deposit on a DOT blue/white GTS-R. What's it gonna take?

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Having just bought a Viper, it HAD to be an old gen2 GTS. The gen3s just weren't cutting it styling-wise. Now I know why I hate MBs.

BUILD THIS CAR!

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score

When is the new official coupe going to be unveiled and where??? The suspense is killing me...AL...