HIgh beam question

jeffdai

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On my viper, ever since i got it, the high beams will only stay on if i keep the switched pulled. As soon as i let off the switch it goes back to low beam. It also shows the seat belt sign every time i try to turn the high beams on, any ideas? Something in the switch or is there something else i should look at? Its kind of annoying pulling the handle back for 5 minutes at a time.
Thanks!

ViperRichRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a wiring problem. Has anyone ever touched your wiring? This reminds me of my old MG. The British cars used to be known for this kind of thing!

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This reminds me of my old MG. The British cars used to be known for this kind of thing!
Actually, the lights would turn off and virtually NEVER come back on again....ESPECIALLY after the flames from the wires died down!

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You have a switch on your steering column that turns on high low beam. Not too hard to get at when you remove the lower panel and shroud. Simple fix.

OP
OP
J

jeffdai

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wondering if someone had screwed with the wiring any too, it has 4000 miles when i got it, but who knows what was done in that time. Car trade might work:) Then again if your missing some parts off your car tommorow, dont automatically think i came and borrowed them:) You might be suprised when you go outside and you have the old 94 wheels back on your car again and your old exhaust back on again!!!:)

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have the electrical book for the 94?

I have it.
I'll help you try to figure it out sometime if you like.

OP
OP
J

jeffdai

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually this sounds really stupid, but someone with a 95 emailed me with the fix for it, so if it happens to anyone else, i thought i had checked the fuses, but actually fuse #7 the 25amp was the problem, it fixed my chime, cig lighter and high low beam and fog lights actually!! Sure is great having this forum!!! Thanks again for the help everyone!!

JOHNT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually this sounds really stupid, but someone with a 95 emailed me with the fix for it, so if it happens to anyone else, i thought i had checked the fuses, but actually fuse #7 the 25amp was the problem, it fixed my chime, cig lighter and high low beam and fog lights actually!! Sure is great having this forum!!! Thanks again for the help everyone!!

Just wanted to keep this thread current as this was my problem and the fix worked perfectly, simple blown fuse for a complicated problem. thanks jdeft1, I wouldn't have guessed this in 7yrs/70000 miles

john

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joebrett