High flow cats? Your opinion..

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to buy exhaust for my 99 RT/10 i'm buying today and i decided to go with the B&B headers and exhaust. Are the high flow cats worth the money? I was also wondering if performance shops in LA can put exhaust on and leave the cats off or is this illegal for them to do even though i dont have emissions where i live in a different state? Thanks again. :usa:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YES worht the cash. i installed the roe ovals and it made a difference in performance and sound.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you guys ever held the OE cats? They must weigh 50 lbs. a piece! I'm guessing it's also a cheap way to shed at least 60 lbs. from the car.

'Course...that's pretty much a good solid breakfast for me. :D

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's no way that the OE cats weigh 50 pounds each. Maybe 50 pounds for BOTH.

NDW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be sure and get the 3" inlet/outlet cats to match your headers and the rest of the exhaust system.

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Do you have to run cats?
Because if you don't, I would delete them all together. And yes they weigh a sh!tload. At least 50lbs for the pair!

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I am looking to purchase a set with my B&B exhaust, but I missed something in the sales pitch - I don't see any seem between the OEM cat and the flex pipe. I'm told the Roe Hi-Flows do not come with the flex pipe, or its equivant.

How do they attach exactly?

diabolos88

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the 3" RT hiflows with Corsa catback, it is really only obnoxiously loud when you get on it full throttle. Otherwise its not bad at all. Does anyone know the advantage over running with straight pipes or RT hiflows? besides just noise level that is?