Hmmm.......What is YOUR story with your username?????

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My name is my handle.

My dad is Military and both my mom and dad wanted me to grow up to be a great leader, so they named me Ulysses Grant...........Instead I wound up becoming a hard drinking, cigar smoking womanizer! :laugh:

In my eyes, that IS a great leader! Leading by example!

Mr U-2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a former U-2 pilot. Did it a long time...this is one of the nick names I was given by brother U-2 drivers. My wife brought me a vanity plate after Gulf War 1 with "MR U-2" for my then new MR-2 Turbo..name stuck.

Paul :usa:

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my Viper in June of 2003 when we went into Iraq to clean the place up.

I'm proud to be an American and proud of this car Americans built.

I have the blue Florida challenger space shuttle plate, with USPWR :usa:

MAMBA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I bought my 95 Black Viper in July, the guy I bought it from in Vermont had "MAMBA" on the license plate. I love the name because the car reminds me of the black mamba snake. Black and deadly!! I tried to get the same plate in Florida put the name was already taken and I was so certain that it would be available (why I don't know) that I hadn't thought of any back ups. Long story short after spewing out several other combinations that were already taken I ended up with "VIPR1" for the plate. Not very original but it'll work.

safireviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was planning on buying a 2001 Sapphire ACR when I took this name but I ended up instead with a 2002 Graphite ACR and I haven't changed it to reflect my actual car.

Firecat F7 Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FirecatF7Viper is this the beast?

You must be registered for see images

Cudaman :usa:
Yeah....there she is.
Thanks for posting the pic....I have no idea how to do that.
Fast as a Viper in the 1/4 mile.....well...at least a stock Viper!
If you ever leave that Hurricane prone state of Florida :D and head north during the winter..be sure to look me up.
I got a few of these winter toys....you would love it.
Helps to pass the time when you can't drive the Viper up here

EA6BPilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cudaman/vette2viper/UNRATLD/tommygun

Here is another pic I just uploaded from on my way out here. I took this one right after my wingman refueled airborne. This one gives a little better view.

[image]
7425Topview-med.jpg
[/image]

Here's a pic of myself and my ECMO (flight officer) on the same day.

7425Cockpit.jpg

Frank

p.s. - Thanks for all of your support!

OP
OP
C

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a pic of myself and my ECMO (flight officer) on the same day.

7425Cockpit.jpg

Frank

p.s. - Thanks for all of your support!

Awesome pictures!!!!

Which person are you Frank?

Thanks for your support Frank and the rest of the troops! :2tu:

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is fairly simple FLOORIN04.
FLOORIN-I do floor covering for a occupation/and also have a heavy foot :D
04-is the year viper i bought :2tu:

vette2viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frank...thanks for the great pics. The pic of your wingman really shows the difference between Prowler and Intruder. I didn't realize the cockpit was that much larger. I still think the movie "Flight of the Intruder" would show people a good deal about the plane and the mission (taking some of the "hollywoodism" lightly)...lots of flying action in it. I talked with you by email sometime back about a high school friend of mine that was a Marine A6 pilot during Nam and had a reunion party at Cherry Point a year ago.

Thanks to you and yours for the great job being done. Be safe and as some commercials say..."don't try this at home (in this case, the 0-150 in 2.5 sec)!!! :usa:

BluePilot...please don't try that with your Airbus...it plays hell with the drink carts!!! :D

Also to Cudaman...great post. Lots of interesting responses. :2tu:

ceieio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did two hitches as a "C" level (CEO, CFO, CIO, CTO...) executive in two different $1B high tech companies. People took themselves (and my retched title) too seriously... so I had the sign on my office changed to CEIEIO (my own version of old McDonalds funny farm and C level titles). I thought it looked even better in lower case.

EA6BPilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cudaman - I am the dude on the right. As a pilot, I sit in the left front seat of the jet. The guy next to me operates the navigation and communication systems. The 2 Marines in the back operate the jamming systems. She isn't a pretty jet, but she'll get up and move and gets the job done.

vette2viper - Yes, the Prowler is much bigger.....about 6 feet longer. She's a pain in the butt to land on a carrier (I'll probably never do it again, but it was a BLAST!) And Flight of the Intruder was a fun, albeit cheesy hollywood, type movie that gives an insight to what life on a carrier is like.

Thanks for the support! I'm glad to see that the Viper community overall is a class act.

Frank

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ab - Bwahahaha! :D that was funny - but I'm sure not true :2tu:

Torque-monster - name says it all. My first major engine combo had a brief to take a 3000lb car and launch it from 0-200+mph in under 7 seconds, and within a 1/4 mile. That meant a dragster engine was not going to cut it - so we went for monster torque. It was a great team effort - I did the combo on paper, ordered the parts and had custom stuff made, worked out the blue print specs etc, and the car owner (who had never built an engine) and his backyard chief wrench put it all together and worked with a local machine shop that had never seen an engine like that before.... we all learned heaps and it was fun...

Car went out and did everything it was supposed to once we got a good tune in it (thanks Sean Hyland), and the name stuck in my head.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK....so I don't have the most original username!!!

Hey, only mine is worse. Adopted the "Y2K" handle of the impending disaster of the same back in 1999 when I ordered my 2000 GTS, thus Y2KGTS was born. I didn't want to stray too far when I bought my 2003 SRT, thus Y2K3SRT. And the current moniker? Well, you know... :2tu:

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
My name is Joseph.... and I live in a Houss :smirk:

My name is Matt, and I live in Houston.
Once day folks just started calling me "Matt Houston."
I guess they remember the old t-v show.

ChicagoGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One day after lunch when we were out in my GTS, and I belched in my wifes face she then complained about how bad my breath gets when I eat onions and as we all know:

The name Chicago was first recorded in 1688 in a French document, where it appears as Chigagou, an Algonquian word meaning “onion field.” In explanation of this name, the document states there that wild onion or garlic grew profusely in the area. The name of the field or meadow was first transferred to the river and then was given to the city in 1830.

Just Kidding... I chose "ChicagoGTS" because sometimes it feels like I'm the only GTS around the Chicago area. I never see them in traffic here. That's one of the things I like most about it. Of course going 0-60 at warp speed isn't bad either.

~Matt~

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As others have stated, I am a serious MOPAR only type of guy. If the car doesn't have a pentastar stamped on the muffler it doesn't park in the driveway. The "Hemibeep" has just stuck since I have had two 69 Hemi roadrunners since 91' and the name just stuck........would anyone on this board be offended if I added a purple "beep-beep" horn to the viper? ? ?

Doc.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good post! My original username was Amantoby. It was a combination of my daughter's(Amanda) and my wife's (Toby) names. Two years after my divorce I no longer liked the name. I'm an Emergency Medicine doctor and all of my friends call me "Doc". So now my handle is Doc.

Reaction score
"Vanishing Point" is the best damn Mopar movie ever.
Kowalski was the best damn Mopar driver in any movie ever.

It is my favorite movie ever.
Every time I see a cop, for just the tiniest fraction of a second, I think about Kowalski driving that Challenger and think maybe, just maybe, I should peel out and take off.

And on bad days I think about the end of the movie and I smile.

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jerry Dobson that is my REAL name and POST name on
the Viper, Ferrari, BMW, NSX, and all the other boards.

I have nothing to hide

OP
OP
C

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My name was given to me by a pair of sisters that I was dating in high school! :eek:

superdavz.....I thought your were that Dave that use to be on HBO and did all the crazy stunts.

MADDMAXS57

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Mistral is a strong wind from the NW affecting the eastern Mediterranean coast of France, from Marseille to St. Tropez. Also the name of a cool Heart song . . .

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang