Hood gaps on Vipers - what's up with this?

REMIX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hood gaps on Vipers - what\'s up with this?

Okay, so I know this particular Viper has been wrecked and I don't know exactly how bad. What I do notice with some of these cars is the gap near the headlights doesn't look right to me.

Here's the car:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2410797781&category=6209

I also notice this uneven gap on Vipers which claim to have no wreck history at all. Although some look perfect, but I couldn't imagine any vehicle manufacturer letting a new car out of the plant with a hood gap like this. Is an uneven gap near the headlight assembly indicative of anything?

Thanks

REMIX

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Hood gaps on Vipers - what\'s up with this?

That is quite the gap on that eBay car. It could just need adjusting or who ever did the repair.. did it poorly. If you want it...have it checked out..very closely.

Most non-accident Vipers have some sort of gap. Some worse than others. They can be adjusted. Viper hoods are unusual in the fact they are so big and I bet getting them to line up just right was a nightmare for the factory.

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Hood gaps on Vipers - what\'s up with this?

That hood looks like the driver latch is not engaged. The owner needs to adjust the drive side latch height so both sides engage. You can tell it is not just bad gap because the driver side of the hood is up between the light and the center of the car.

With all that said, these are hand built cars so it take a lot of messing around to get the hood gaps to be just perfect. Some come perfect from the factory... But not all. I have spent many an hour playing with hood fitment.