hood vents,scoop, and stripes gen 1?

mralbuquerque

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello, I own a 95 rt/10 and am in the process of getting a new paint job. Where can I find the hood scoop and vents from a gen 2?

How difficult is it to add the scoop and vents to a gen1 hood?

Are the stripes from a gen2 8" thick with a 4" gap between the stripes?

Thanks for the help fellas!

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe the 1996 hoods and later have the provisions for the vents and NACA ducts, but were just left smooth theu 1997 on the RT/10s. You would wan to find a gen II hood already fitted or one of the rare hoods that have the provisions. It would be very difficult and costly otherwise.

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've seen it done and the recesses don't exactly match up. It looks like an afterthought, which you don't want. You can get a used hood for $3k-4k which is already set up for it.

I agree; the Gen. I looks better with that hood. Good luck!

whitebluevipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
first off i wouldn't do it. second off check with chuck tator. i think he helped a guy do it once. he can give you good insight.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't do the hood vents or NACA duct either. The GenI hood is a thing of beauty. Stripes would be a nice touch but I'd stay with the GenI stripes, not GenII or III. If the need for vents/NACA duct is air flow then I would suggest installing a Roe Front Fascia duct for proper air flow/cooling to the radiator/engine and a Vipair deflector to get cooler air to your air box. Consider a vented cowl to help with a little more cooling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang