horn keeps going off

1 cole

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For some reason my horn keeps going off whether I am driving the vehicle or it is just sitting in the garage. Any ideas? If I push on center ring I have no horn! Help? Any suggestions?

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine did the same thing.... it's one of your alarm sensors that's not working correctly, most likely the hood... Just wait until it goes off in your garage at 3:00am....ack!

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That would mean it should only happen if you have the car locked.

If you have it locked and its doing it, try unlocking the car and see if it still does it. That would rule-out the alarm malfunction

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guess I should have read the ENTIRE post....lol.. sounds like your have 2 problems... have you ever hit the horn really hard? You may have bent the housing on it and it needs to be "remolded" back in place... Had this happen on a van I owned...

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am having a similar problem as of last night, my interior lights would not turn off after closing the doors and locking the car. Mike , my friend and certified Viper tech, happened to stop over and he said the problem is in ether the recalled light switch or the door switches which are built into the latches. He had also mentioned your horn problem being caused by these door latches. As far as my interior lights are concerned he said to turn the dimmer switch all the way to low and it would cancel the interior lights and turn them off. All I have to do now is try to remember to turn them down with my foggy brain.
Robbie

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: horn keeps going off

OP what was your diagnosis & solution?

My horn is driving me nuts.

1bad540

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My alarm seems to go off at 3 am whenever I leave the top down, top up its fine.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mine did the same thing.... it's one of your alarm sensors that's not working correctly, most likely the hood... Just wait until it goes off in your garage at 3:00am....ack!

Did u have the sensor replaced? removed? is there a way to deactivate it without a dealer trip?

Laundryboy

Viper Owner
Reaction score

When I bought my 2010, brand new in 2010, my horn would go off at random times. I went through different possible scenarios of what the problem could have been. Alarm sensors, clock spring or even the B.C.M. I finally took it to a qualified dealer 100 miles away and they replaced the air bag module in the steering wheel. The horn pad is located in the module and that was the problem however they are not available separately.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang