Horn problems

Laundryboy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought a 2010 Viper about two and a half months ago. It's been in my garage waiting for spring to arrive. The problem is that the horn occasionally goes off by itself. Note this is not the alarm, the car is not locked, this is a steady honk that lasts for about twenty seconds. Sometimes I've tried honking the horn and it doesn't work, if I turn the steering wheel left or right I can get it to honk, but then it sticks on. Sometimes I can get it to unstick by continuing to turn the wheel left or right, but not always.
I think it's either the horn membrane or the clock spring. It seems to me that if the clock spring were malfunctioning, it just wouldn't supply electricity and hence no horn, rather than a sticking horn.
Of course the problem is covered by warranty, but the closest Viper authorized dealer is a couple of hours away and I'd prefer to just fix it myself. I guess the clock spring isn't too expensive, but if it's the air bag module I'd let the dealer do it, as it's too expensive. I'm looking for opinions please!

V

Venomiss

Welcome to the fun and hopefully someone will help with your horn issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang