Hose Nozzles for the Completely Anal Enthusiast

D

DAMN YANKEE

Ok, so I've been spoiled with some of the best spray nozzles in the world. Growing up in "The Armory State" means I grew up working in and around all the great machinists of early day Connecticut manufacturing. We were...once...the wealthiest most industrialized state in the Union. I grew up with the very finest solid brass, squeeze trigger, fully adjustable, huge water volume, hose nozzles and always took them home to use them for the most important hydro event.....washing your car.

If your taking the time to twist your nozzles on and off every time you use it, forget that! You want to find the right pattern and KEEP it.
Those rubber covered clunkers that are all the rage from Groits, etc. are bricks!

If your dealing with *** metal, plastic, zinc.......naaaaah! Solid brass only.
If you can't lock it on........naaaaah!
If your not putting through a minimum of 3.5 gallons/minute at 55 pounds of pressure......naaah!
If your not able to do at least a gallon on a +75 degree spray spread.....naaaah! Rinse heaven!
If you can't throw a column of water straight up in the air a minimum of 28' at the same pressures and clean your windows....naaah!
If you can't dust your roses with a spray so fine it generates rainbows and then adjust it to knock off the worst mud......naaaah!
If you can't rebuild it and pass it down to your kids........naaaah!

If none of this matters to you....why the hell are you still reading this thread?

If it does......

Order the following and have the very best!

a. One (1) 4688 Trigger valve with lock.
b. One (1) 4754 Sure grip handle
c. One (1) 5780-AX60 Adjustable spray tip

and put aside a AB4588 rebuild kit for your kids.

TEEJET Spray Products
Find your dealer here
TeeJet - Authorized TeeJet Distributor

Anal Hydro Engineers...look here
http://www.teejet.com/media/326977/5780.pdf

The finest made....put 'em away as they w-a-l-k away all by themselves!
Buy them while they are still heirloom quality!

You must be registered for see images

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found some online prices in Canada.
The 3 parts listed come in at about $60 USD.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

OP
OP
D

DAMN YANKEE

Yep......sounds about right Canadian.

That is a fraction of what a new car washing tuxedo in teal costs.

Last edited by a moderator:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i like plastic ones in case i drop it or bump the viper with it. it leaves less damage.....

OP
OP
D

DAMN YANKEE

I can see your point using a plastic one....in fact you can get one completly wrapped in the nicest softest rubber. You can actually drag it and the hose over your car as you climb on the hood to do the top of the car.

With one of these you can stand 10 feet away and get it all done...

Fill and foam the soap bucket...10 feet away.
Wet the car...10 feet away.
Rinse the car....10 feet away
Do the wheels....10 feet away
Do the wheel wells.......6 feet away

Man, I stopped getting the sprayer near the cars decades ago....

Last edited by a moderator:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My water pressure is 75 psi. Using a $9 plastic sprayer I'm quite certain I can fill my bucket from beyond 10 feet away though I'm not sure why I would want to. Is this meant for low pressure water supply? Many of my relatives and family worked for Chase Brass, Anaconda Brass and American Brass while I was growing up and I remember the older brass nozzles very well.

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i like plastic ones in case i drop it or bump the viper with it. it leaves less damage.....

Ditto on that plum, I had a metal nozzle ONE TIME...and swung it to the left to drop it and knocked a dent into the passenger door of my Benz:omg: