How can you tell which Red/Silver 06 were Skip Barber cars?

viperjer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any one know what vin numbers were the Skip Barber 06 cars? Red/Silver 06
Were all of them red/silver or did they use any other color?

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Any one know what vin numbers were the Skip Barber 06 cars? Red/Silver 06
Were all of them red/silver or did they use any other color?

Between Skip Barber events and SRT track experience events, which used Skib Barber instructors, there were many differnt colored Vipers. I personally never saw a Blue/White striped, red/white striped, Bumble Bee, or Copperhead/Black Stripes. I saw most other colors,striped and no stripes. Verts and coupes. They use a bunch of Vipers throughout the country.
Like Jon said, just run a Carfax to be sure, also if worried, maybe you can get in writing, that it wasnt used for track events. That way if you ever find out otherwise, you have paperwork to get your money back.

OP
OP
V

viperjer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank You Very Much
I did exactly what you said to do. The carfax came up clean. I told the dealer I wanted the history on the car before I bought it. He was nice enough to call Scott at Skip Barber. Scott said the reason the car looked so good and had low miles is because they used it for the short track where you try to get going as fast as you can and stop as quick as you can. He also said the run flat tires were replaced and put back on when they were done. He wanted $66,600.00 for the car. He said that was a great price for that car. I really didn't think that was the correct way to break in a new car. I didn't think I could hold out a whole year waiting for my 08 so I bought a brand new Blue/Silver coupe. I paid $72,500.00 for it. Almost $20,000.00 below sticker on it. I didn't think I would get killed that bad when I go to sell it for my 2008.
I have a months worth of carfax to use up if any one needs one.

Thanks Again
Jerry
web site - www.desertfoothills.com

OP
OP
V

viperjer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank You
I will believe it when that big mail truck shows up. I gave the guy a deposit over the phone. He is overnighting the paper work. I just hope I like it as much as my 01 GTS. I have never seen a Blue/Silver close up. Just a picture.
The guy that works on them at my dealership told me have it dropped there and he would cool the exhaust down and make it sound right.
Thanks Jerry

OP
OP
V

viperjer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank You
How hot do those things get inside compared to the Gen 2?

RMBSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not too bad....the Corsa track system is a must.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank You
I will believe it when that big mail truck shows up. I gave the guy a deposit over the phone. He is overnighting the paper work. I just hope I like it as much as my 01 GTS.

There's no love like the first love, but a blue/silver comes pretty darn close. :2tu: