How do I get an avatar and owner status?

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never bothered doing this with my old Vipers, not really sure why LOL but its time to get my **** together and rep as an owner on this site with an Avatar. How do i do this guys?

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They did away with the old "owner" status a while back. Now you have to become a member. Which you should do anyway. :)

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a good benefit of becoming a member these days. To tell you guys the truth, I ran into a group of VCA nor call members when I got my first viper back in 2004 and they were not very pleasant to say the least. Would not allow me to park my viper in their section at a local car show just because I wasn't a member. Not cool, really left a sour taste in my mouth. :/

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a good benefit of becoming a member these days. To tell you guys the truth, I ran into a group of VCA nor call members when I got my first viper back in 2004 and they were not very pleasant to say the least. Would not allow me to park my viper in their section at a local car show just because I wasn't a member. Not cool, really left a sour taste in my mouth. :/
Sorry that happened to you. Hopefully they will be more receptive to you and welcome you with open arms next time. There are lots of benefits to being a member. See the link here. https://www.viperclub.org/join/ I would say give them/VCA another chance. Being a member of this club really enhances the ownership experience. I have been a member of the club for 6 1/2 years and have loved every second of it. So my h so I am the VP of my chapter. So please don't write off the club from that one experience. :)

what does it cost to join?

It's $150 for the VENOM membership which is the highest/best level. See the link above to see all the additional benefits that come with VENOM over the standard membership. I don't remember what the base membership costs. It's been so long since I had the standard membership

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob's right about the venom membership being worth it. One significant purchase and the savings pays for the membership fee.
Bob, I think the standard was like $110.
Mike

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Very unfortunate that happened to you. However, that car show could have been a sanctioned event by their local VCA section. A portion of the annual member dues go towards these types of events. Therefore, it would have been unfair to them.......

GreenVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another car club I'm in pays some large $$ once a year to a huge car show to get a reserved area with a set # of spaces for our members use. While it may come across as being a dik even if your'e in the same type vehicle there might be a reason for not letting you park there at that time.

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another car club I'm in pays some large $$ once a year to a huge car show to get a reserved area with a set # of spaces for our members use. While it may come across as being a dik even if your'e in the same type vehicle there might be a reason for not letting you park there at that time.

Doesn't matter, the guy didn't have to be a dick about it. This was a local car show that anyone could attend so I know they didn't pay anything......

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very unfortunate that happened to you. However, that car show could have been a sanctioned event by their local VCA section. A portion of the annual member dues go towards these types of events. Therefore, it would have been unfair to them.......

It was not. Local car show that we have here every Thursday during summer months. No fee needed to attend.

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess ill give it a try but as i read the benefits the only thing i see that really stands out are discounts on car parts, magazine and things like that. Nothing really exciting. Maybe I should post a thread and see who's in the norcal VCA or is there a way to tell on this site?

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess ill give it a try but as i read the benefits the only thing i see that really stands out are discounts on car parts, magazine and things like that. Nothing really exciting.
Take advantage of the "gatherings" Get togethers and crusies are the best thing about club membership imo. I am far away from everyone so when I get to go to a VCA event it is an awesome experience for me.

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take advantage of the "gatherings" Get togethers and crusies are the best thing about club membership imo. I am far away from everyone so when I get to go to a VCA event it is an awesome experience for me.

Yeah I love that kinda stuff! Ill join and see what its all about!

SSGNRDZ_28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All of the local VCA members were great to me before I even owned a Viper. Sort of hard to believe how friendly everyone is actually! My membership was certainly worth it.