How do I get those clips off?

Ray R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm trying to install Sean Roe's clutch pedal adjustment kit on my '00 GTS. It should be a five minute job, but after a couple of bloody knuckles and two hours, I'm asking for help! I can't seem to get those clips off to remove the original lever. I even removed the seat for better access (plus, I'm installing Northwind's seat lowering kit, so I had to remove the seat anyway). I'm pretty tall (6'4"), so getting both arms under the dash is pretty comical to watch, plus I'm over 40 years old now and not the contortionist I used to be. I tried prying the clip safety catch and pulling, but I can't work both ends of the clip at the same time. Is there some trick to this?

Thanks!

OP
OP
R

Ray R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nevermind....it just took a LARGE flat tip screwdriver to push while a small flat tip screwdriver pried the safety catch on the clip! As soon as I got the new arm in, I got a call from Sean Roe to provide assistance! Now, remember that it's Sunday, I just sent the guy an email last night, and he's calling me from Florida (I'm in Oregon) to help me with a $25 part! What a CLASS ACT!!!! Thanks again, Sean!!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte