How do I know what number built car I have? 2000 RT10

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see a lot of people with signatures saying #1 of 900 or whatever, and was curious how you find that out. Can it be determined by reading my VIN? Or is there some sort of registry, or what? I can post my VIN if necessary.

I don't think I have some "special" car, just was wondering....

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see a lot of people with signatures saying #1 of 900 or whatever, and was curious how you find that out. Can it be determined by reading my VIN? Or is there some sort of registry, or what? I can post my VIN if necessary.

I don't think I have some "special" car, just was wondering....

Most go here:

Viper Registry Build Information

In your case you are either:

1 of 179 (Red RT/10, black interior)

or

1 of 76 (Red RT/10, Cognac interior)

OP
OP
A

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to know what number my car was out of all of the RT/10's made that year (not just red). Besides, since the VINs are out of sequence, how does that tell me which car I have?

My last 6 digits are 606664.

EDIT: What I meant is that there was 840 RT/10's in 2000. I want to know that I am like the 345th car made out of the 840 that year.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dn't think there is a way to conclusively determine that. But you can guestimate where you are in the yearlong sequence by checking the date code to see when your car was built. It's on the drivers door closing surface.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What I meant is that there was 840 RT/10's in 2000. I want to know that I am like the 345th car made out of the 840 that year.
I've not heard of any definitive way of finding this out, other than (as was said) making a guess out of it from the build date. As you said, the cars aren't build in VIN sequence (except the 100 GT-2's, wasn't it?). It might be stored somewhere in the assembly-plant's tracking system or paperwork. Be interesting if someone had contacts at the assembly plant...

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We asked the same question in 2000 while touring CAAP. The tour guide told us that they cars are not sequentially built, so there is no way of telling by the VIN.

Plus, before they are (or were) moved to the shipping room, many cars wound up in the repair area to have things adjusted, fixed, etc....so what number would you use? When it came off the line the first time, or when it was actually moved to the shipping room...? We also saw cars "on the side" waiting for parts that had yet to arrive, so they were partially finished.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think if you do a search on this, a fellow member, and one of the omnipotent leaders of the In/Ky VCA clubs gave a detailed explanantion of this. You just can't tell my the vin # as to which came first.I believe the comp coupe were built sequentially but that is about it.