How do you remove the v-clamp flange?

homesite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,
I am trying to remove my exhaust I loosened the v-clamp bolt where the exhaust manifolds are, but still cannot get the pipes loose. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Scott

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen ppl heat one pipe, not at the join (so as not to heat both), but further up. I've also seen special tools, 'pullers', etc. I'm sure someone else here will steer you in the right direction

G

TedK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My experience - after loosening the clamp itself, had to to tap the clamp in several places to break it loose from the two flanges. It seemed that it was the clamp that was stuck to the pipe flanges, once loose the pipes separated with no hassle.

Ted

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remove the nut and bolt completley then carefully spread the 'outer' clamp a bit. Then with a blade screwdriver, pry lightly in different areas until the inner clamp releases from the exhaust pipe/manifold connection. Just slide the whole thing onto either the pipe or the manifold and thats it. It can be completley removed safely and properly only after the pipe is removed from the manifold/header. Hope that helps. I have been there COUNTLESS times.....