HOW FAST HAVE YOU GONE? (STREET)

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HI ALL, I know anybody looking at this has a little SPEED running in there veins! So lets have it, whats the fastest you have ever driven a car, Viper or otherwise! I'll go first. I had a 95 Vette which I spanked to 156 mph on a highway connector in CT. The fastest Viper speed I've attained was 138 mph,in a 93 R/T 10...Just got my GTS,records are meant to be broken!!! I'm sure this is nothing to you guys by looking at some of your cars!!!!AL...00PROWLER...

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ahhhhhhhh, alas I sense Tony (Vipermad) Rickard on the way w/ a "Search" the board comment or two.
laugh.gif
Until he arrives, as fast as possible!
embarass.gif

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure what you mean is highest speed on an "open" track, as opposed to "closed" track. My speedometer has registered 160+ on an "open" track, but then there were too many other participants in the "event" to enable further excesses.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Dave if you hear this you might not want to provide proof of that speed on a public road as you have just done with me.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know I've posted this before...
Anyway, I've hit 38 MPH once going down Broadway at 5:00 AM. Completely, toasted 3 cabs!!! <FONT size="1">(they looked bone stock except for the dents and scrapes)</FONT s>
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

ParB

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I did 170 on the open track. The track "supervisor" caught up with me at the "pit stop". Nice fellow driving a Ford Crown Victoria with plenty of antennas. There must be a disproportionate amount of track supervisors here in CA, i see them all the time on the open tracks...

This particular supervisor was a very friendly fellow, he told me to keep it under 100, track rules was 65, but he would be okay if i kept it under 100. He was nice enough to not give me any penalty either.

Track was very empty that day, and some bulls tried to intimidate the snake. The bulls aren't really all that below 150mph, above 150mph they are all business though
smile.gif

Before i get a lot of messages on spirited driving on the open track, let me tell you that this is not something i endorse. It just happened to be the right track, at the right time, with the right participants...

-Par

OP
OP

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya your right Par! There IS a right place and time for these testosterone moments!!! Vipers are really race cars for the street,and there power must be respected!!!...AL...00PROWLER

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have taken my Viper up to 170 on an, ahem "open track", yeah that was it.
biggrin.gif
This track was paved and that's all I'm saying. There was even a McDonalds restaurant on the "track" for if you got hungry.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FR USMC:
stock vipers supposedly have a speed limit of 192 mph, what governs this top speed, and how can you increase it?? (yes i know how fast that is)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. Wind resistance
2. Decrease it, i.e. remove the side view mirrors, close all straight line gaps in car exterior etc. From what I understand you're still only going to gain a few MPH.

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a 2001 acr, blue with silver stripes. i went 180 mph on the freeway here in arizona a couple of months ago. car was bone stock then. i was in 5th gear pulling somewhwere between 5,500 rpms and 6000 rpms. anyway i just got my car back from the shop today after having belanger headers, random technology 3 inch cats and corsa 3 inch cat back installed. wow! this is power you can feel. sounds better (louder) too. no drone. i have a year 2000 kawasaki zrx-1100 that i turbocharged. makes 172 rwhp. i went 167 mph on it a couple of weeks ago on the freeway. i run 8 lbs of boost and use the stock swingarm and wheelbase. i was pulling 10,500 rpms in 5th gear. i do 3rd gear power wheelies (all throttle - no clutch) at 100 mph when she doesn't spin the rear tire. my drag boat does 90 mph. gps and radar verified when shes in the water. has a tendency to get airborne when i hit waves. nothing like flying a boat. some people call that sailing? i've jumped 77 feet on my y2k honda cr-500 motocross bike (2-stroke) in 4th gear. jump speed is somewhere around 60 mph. i weigh 200 lbs. give me a break. no pun intended. i hit 140 mph in my year 2001 ford lightning on ajo highway (2-lane road) last month. anyway, if speed kills..... your lookin at a dead man.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
162 on NYS Thruway in my RT/10 on a Sunday morning about 7 am., top down and had way more to go except for no more straight road.

175 ish on Pocono Raceway in a Winston Stock car during a course.

Love speed!

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
180Mph on open road with my baby brothers Porsche 993TT,
Rock Stable! What a Car!!!!

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
305 km/h in my friends Diablo on a street road (not in the US though). What is that, about 190mph or something, and it still wanted to keep going.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Point of note guys. During the night I had three people email me with declared top speed. (Why me? Dunno) While I don't have any particular problem with this I need to let you know that I work off of a public server routed through a federal agency. If you send me photographic proof that you were doing 150mph on an Oklahoma freeway then don't blame me when a OK Track Supervisor makes a house call. It would not be my fault.

[rant] Also for those lurkers who are just stopping in on this one I know my posts may sound intelligent but its really all a farce. I'm not impressed by your top speed (having been busted at 155 and documented track race at 186.4) and have no pull on the forum (do even have my Viper yet due to insurance concerns (read "busted" statement)) so please just go bother Kungfool. I'm sure he'll have no problem telling you like it is. [/rant]

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andrew2KRT10:
162 on NYS Thruway in my RT/10 on a Sunday morning about 7 am., top down and had way more to go except for no more straight road.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course you did this north of Harriman where the speed limit goes from 55 to 65, right? !!!! Andrew, you have major cahones (no Spanish spell check)! The NYS Thruway crawls with cops!

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
70 mph and not one inkling over that. I believe in following the rules. phhssffff..... HAAAAA HAAAAA HAAAAA!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960