How hard is it to remove stripes ??

Jacky-Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No offense to anyone who loves thier stripes :D but how hard is it to remove them and does it show afterwards ?

Thanks
Jack

Last edited:

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: How hard is it to remove strips ??

No offense to anyone who loves thier strips :D but how hard is it to remove them and does it show afterwards ?

Thanks
Jack

*** are you talking about? What are "strips"? If you mean "stripes" and if they are part of the original package, they cannot be removed because they are painted on.

Last edited:

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Strips are easy to remove if left on no more than 20 minutes. After that they start to stick and are well done. A Dave the Alley man reply I guess.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

vinyl stripes are easy to remove, painted on ones, NOT SO MUCH

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

To remove the factory stripes, you'd have to basically media blast the front fascia, hood, roof, rear lip, rear fascia, and rear bumper because they create a 'ridge' that can be felt/seen, so just painting over them would not work. Then you'd have to color match/repaint. A very expensive process, I can assure you.

billseast

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You could find someone with the same color car but no stripes and swap the hood bumpers and deck lid

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Landing strips? Shave followed by Brazilian wax.

OP
OP
J

Jacky-Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry for the spelling mistake Flexx91....

Thanks to everyone else for your help !

FEDBYVORTECH

Viper Owner
Reaction score

If they are decals you need heat. I suggest running the car in the garage with the heat on full blast. Maybe add a bullet heater to speed up the process. That will soften the glue and if it doesn't I am confidant you wont even notice them. LOL of course I am kidding. Applying usual disclaimers. PS factory "strips" an or stripes are paited on. For that you need the Nitto Kohki APS-125 Orbit Palm Sander.

OP
OP
J

Jacky-Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was just thinking vert i guess

And a vert is exactly what I want !

p.s. sorry guys, Vipers are totally new to me and I didn't know that they are usually painted on, as I was told differently. But I was obviously talking about the ones that are not painted on

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think if I were going to remove vinyl stripes I would have a body shop that is used to working with them do the work. If you mess up your paint (one of the first things people look at) you're screwed. Stripes are one of those things people are either on one side of the fence or the other. On second Gen. cars, painted factory stripes were a $3,000 option. I don't know what they cost on later Gens. Unless the car you're considering didn't have factory stripes, you may hurt the value by removing them.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
of all the ridiculous posts the VCA has to offer. this one might top the list..

Sell the car, buy a solid color car. And POCKET the difference. Because the solid color is worth less.

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score