how many black/silver coupe's were made???

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: how many black/silver coupe\'s were made???

That is a good question and I was about to ask the same for the ROADSTERS. I have yet to see one let alone Roadsters with Stripes itself. Only seen a 2006 in Red with Silver Stripes but there are lots of combos for this year. Any pictures anyone?

OP
OP
V

ViperCrazed

Enthusiast
Reaction score

yes, we need pics....That is the ONE car that might talk me out of a black Vert.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

There always seems to be a few on EBay so I don't think it's going to be an unusally low number. Especially as nice a combo as it is. Nah, I'm not prejudiced. Really there are a lot of colors that will turn out to be much lower numbers, just because they became known late in the year. Yellow/Silver, Copperhead/Silver for example. Those will be in the VERY low numbers. My prediction is some of the convertibles with factory stripes will be the lowest in production.

K

Kaya

A guy near me bought a black with silver stripe coupe with ten spoke wheels in February and he took it to a non dealer body shop to get a scratch repaired last month and they took it for a test drive and supposedly wrecked the car and put about 50k worth of damage on it. He is still fighting the insurance companies supposedly about getting the car totaled. I haven't seen him on VCA.

vipernate

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I can have some pics up tomorrow for you. It's a very nice combo.

Reaction score

If someone would like to see a black and silver striped convertable or coupe Email Bill Pemberton. I have supplied him with what you need. We also have an awesome copper coupe with black stripes!

Mark Jorgensen

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

I sent pictures to Chris as I am not adept at posting pictures, but he should be able to get them up , showing both the Coupe and the Convertible.

It appears that there will close to 90 Black Coupes, but only about 36 have the 5 spoke rims. Around 50 have the stock rim, and the balance should be the H spoke rims.There should be around 35 , total . convetibles built with stripes and varying rims.

Hope this information is helpful, and this is a great combination-----but then I may be biased, ha.

Bill P

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry I am a little late with these - gotta work for a living don'tcha know! :2tu:

COUPE

You must be registered for see images

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ROADSTER

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

THANKS A BUNCH Y2K!!!!!!! Now I have seen the red roadsters with stripes and the black roadster with stripes. So what is left? That graphite color? Anyone have that picture? For some reason I thought the Roadster would look amazing in black with silver stripes but it does not really jump out at me. Well I guess my favorite is still the Raffle Car in Orange (never obtainable) and then the Commerative edition.

OP
OP
V

ViperCrazed

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ggrrrrrr..... i have this weird thing about vert pics with the soft top up :( I hate that look.

C.Thomson

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I heard that there will be less than 100 of the Black/Silver Coupes made due to the plant shut down. I hope so, since thats my coupe in the photo above.

A non-special special addition?

TommyLee

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Total Production for the 2006 Model Year will not exceed much over 1,520 units. Roughly 990 Coupes and 530 Convertibles.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Talk about a limited edition coupe. One year production with under 1000, that should be interesting to see in the future what happens to the values. As for the convertibles, they have some great color choices. Can't wait to see those for sale as well. Did they ever get rid of most of the cars left at the factory?

BlackSRTCoupe

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Glad to know all this. I picked up a black/silver coupe last week!

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Total Production for the 2006 Model Year will not exceed much over 1,520 units. Roughly 990 Coupes and 530 Convertibles.

Gollee, I never had that happen before, my theory proved right after several posts in one thread. As I said the CONVERTIBLES in colors produced only in 06, like the striped convertibles are going to be the most rare ones. Also the blue and the crystal slate convertibles. If they made 90-100 Black coupes then the blue convertible with only 84 made is more rare already. And I bet there are even less slate convertibles.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

btw - saturdday i will be posting pics of a slate and silver striped convertible - sick.

ResumeSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Actually they have already surpassed those numbers. I don't have a color breakdown but do have the 2006 model year totals to date. Depending on what they build in August the final total could approach 2000 units.

2006 Viper production totals (through late June 2006):

1016 coupe (61%)
0649 convertible (39%)

1,665 TOTAL

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

The numbers are probably final numbers and keep in mind, usually around 100 or so go to our Canadian neighbors. There should be well under 2000 cars this year , even adding in Canada's cars. A number in the 1600s , total , is very likely.

If you notice my earlier post, I did break down the approx. numbers on the Black/Silver Coupe and Convertible. Keep in mind that almost 1/2 of all the Black and Silver Coupes have the stock rims. The rest have 5 spokes or H spokes and a few also have Sirius. Around 94, in the US, appear to have been made. The 35 Striped Convertibles is an incredibly small number, and to be exact all have either 5 spoke or the H spoke rims ---- no standard rims at all.

ResumeSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The numbers are probably final numbers and keep in mind, usually around 100 or so go to our Canadian neighbors. There should be well under 2000 cars this year , even adding in Canada's cars. A number in the 1600s , total , is very likely.
I understand that Conner will be down most of July, but back up after that for the rest of August. Won't they be building another hundred or two during that time?

BTW, the 1665 total I gave includes the 29 pilots that were built (15 red, 2 blue, 6 yellow and 6 black). After that they also built 50 retail-ready "pre-spec" models (25 black/25 red).

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Yes , Conner is down, but August will be the time to finish all the VOI9 models, and others that are in build status. That should complete the number and it should be in the 1600-1700 range with Canadian cars counted. We have over 25 Snakes ( Coupes and Convertibles ) and we do not expect them to arrive until late July, August and September.

Best Regards,
Bill Pemberton

TommyLee

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The figures I gave earlier were US Retail Production units ONLY (does not include exports or test/event cars), which includes all scheduled orders in the system. All orders that are going to be built are in the system as we speak, and were included in the numbers I provided earlier.

Bill P. correct me if I am wrong, but according to my records, there are quite a bit more Slate Convertibles than GTS Blue ones. GTS Blue Convertibles were actually the lowest amount produced.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The figures I gave earlier were US Retail Production units ONLY (does not include exports or test/event cars), which includes all scheduled orders in the system. All orders that are going to be built are in the system as we speak, and were included in the numbers I provided earlier.

Bill P. correct me if I am wrong, but according to my records, there are quite a bit more Slate Convertibles than GTS Blue ones. GTS Blue Convertibles were actually the lowest amount produced.

I agree, only 84, right Bill?