How much do GG heads cost?

GTS1997

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I sent him a PM but didnt get a response. Can anyone tell me how much Greg Good heads cost? With all the goodies? I'm trying to budget for my next Viper.

Thanks!

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wondering the same thing. It seems questions like these never have a straight answer. Assume we want maximum N/A HP, what did it cost other people on this board?

Will at RSI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can expect to spend around $6500-$7500 for a full head and cam install using Greg Good heads. This would include all the necessary parts, labor, fluids, etc. And if done by the right shop, a warranty.

V10TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I beleive the cost to mod your heads by Greg, with valves, springs, retainers, all his porting and required machine work is between 3.6k-4k.
This is the work on your heads on his hands, labor for R&R, gaskets, fluids etc. are x-tra. He is kind enough to port match the intake to his heads for free.

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Actually cheaper than I thought. And some people have gotten over 600RWHP on a GEN2 with these heads. Since Roe dropped the ball with his supercharger, my only choice under $10k is either Paxton or GG heads. $4k for a 150HP+ increase is not bad.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plum is just kidding. He's actually a staunch supporter of the Roe supercharger. ;)

Rumor even has it that's he's even looking to buy a Roe car. :D

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What I meant by "dropped the ball" is him leading us on that a new one was in the works and then never coming out with it. He had dozens of people including myself waiting over a year on the false hopes he was going to make this. If you have something that works and something that people still want to buy, why stop making it? He didn't have to go redesigning it, just update it to the new 2.8 liter charger. I had money in hand for over a year. I say that's dropping the ball, money lost.

It just doesn't make sense to me why you would stop producing an item you are best known for, in a market you have virtually no competition in? Paxton is not a twin screw blower and doesn't count. And no, the market is not saturated, especially with 650hp+ mustangs out there. There are people on this board asking all the time why he stopped making it. But what do I know, I'm just a businessman who thinks in dollars and cents.

Last edited:

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I meant by "dropped the ball" is him leading us on that a new one was in the works and then never coming out with it. He had dozens of people including myself waiting over a year on the false hopes he was going to make this. If you have something that works and something that people still want to buy, why stop making it? He didn't have to go redesigning it, just update it to the new 2.8 liter charger. I had money in hand for over a year. I say that's dropping the ball, money lost.

It just doesn't make sense to me why you would stop producing an item you are best known for, in a market you have virtually no competition in? Paxton is not a twin screw blower and doesn't count. And no, the market is not saturated, especially with 650hp+ mustangs out there. There are people on this board asking all the time why he stopped making it. But what do I know, I'm just a businessman who thinks in dollars and cents.

I have spoken to him about the new set-up, and I can tell you that he still intends to produce it. When he ceased production on the 2.4, I would think that the market was different than it is today. Attention was turning to the Gen III and Gen IV and the small number of people modding Gen I and II cars was dwindling. Thus, market saturation. Roe Racing isn't a big company and I would assume that Sean wants to make money as much as any businessman. I wasn't willing to wait for the new unit, so I bought a used one, but that's on me. I don't think Sean lead me on, gave me false hopes or dropped anybody's balls, all terms with negative connotations when talking about a man and his business.

I can tell you that Sean is one hell of a nice guy and the customer service I have gotten from Roe has been great. I got a used set-up, which clearly didn't benefit him at all, but Sean has gone the extra mile to make sure everything was right and running well.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually cheaper than I thought. And some people have gotten over 600RWHP on a GEN2 with these heads. Since Roe dropped the ball with his supercharger, my only choice under $10k is either Paxton or GG heads. $4k for a 150HP+ increase is not bad.

Throw in a GG cam, RR's, Headers, catback, hi flow cats (or no cats) and a great tune. If you do the work yourself you'll be under $10K. I was well under $10K for my setup. Just make certain you have a competent, responsive tuner lined up especially if you go SCT.