How should I have answered? How would you?

ViperLSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not 30 minutes ago I was leaving a Meijer store. As I was loading the Jeep I noticed a man with the hood open to a 2005 yellow Viper. As he walked by I asked if there was anything wrong with his car and could I help. He replied that is was just leaking coolant. When asked why he said because his little brother had taken the car apart to check it out. I'm not sure if he was checking for the source of the leak or just messing around. Of course I let him know that I had been building Vipers for over 12 years now. And when I asked him how he liked his he only said that the car was a piece of "$h!t because it didn't have traction control. When you get on it in third gear it goes all over the place."
It was at this point my wife showed up to hurry me along. I was two seconds from telling him that maybe he should have bought a vette. So, how would you have handled this viper owner?

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Told him that it wasn't a CORVETTE, it was a DODGE VIPER...a RAW BEAST that commands a DRIVER's total attention. If he wanted TC, he needs another vehicle. Plus, you say you've built these for over 12 years, I'd have mentioned that as well, with PRIDE~! :) ~juli

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should have told him traction control is for riders not drivers.

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"yeah...but it's got a cup holder...what else could you want"

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should have grabbed him by the hair on the back of his head, smashed his face into the fan blades and slammed the hood on his neck.

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Too much torque, not enough brains."

"Change the loose nut behind the wheel."

"Buy a Miata next time."

or what Chuck said...

ViperGal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmm and he didn't know this before he bought it? It is a drivers car and not for everybody. You do great work and the cars are beautiful - don't let this silly person ruin your day. And as they say it is probably best not to say anything if it is not nice but I agree 100% he should have bought elsewhere! :drive:

ViperGal

Sittingbull101

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, there no way to efficiently deliver the Viper's power to the pavement without all-wheel drive and traction control. Paddle shifting 7 speed gearbox would be nice too. I don't understand people who can brag about driving an technologically obsolete automobile and whine because it gets bad reviews in the press. Beats me.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might have said, "I think your wife is having an affair! In fact I'm pretty sure she is!". :lmao:

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would suggest he maintain 34 pounds cold tire pressure, that should reduce the oversteering tendencies (as he was probably running less than 30 pounds and the tires are squirrely, run flat or not)

-J

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, there no way to efficiently deliver the Viper's power to the pavement without all-wheel drive and traction control. Paddle shifting 7 speed gearbox would be nice too. I don't understand people who can brag about driving an technologically obsolete automobile and whine because it gets bad reviews in the press. Beats me.

If you think stomping your foot to the floor and flipping a paddle with your pinky is driving then buy a Vett or any one of the gazillion other nanny-tech suedo sports cars on the market.

We like to drive.

And most of us couldn't care less about reviews.

OP
OP
V

ViperLSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your replies are great. To make it worse I too a closer look at his car. The rims alone were more grimy than the rims on my Liberty. There was not a clean spot on the paint. Oh yea, he did have a coffee cup in the center console.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Well then, I have good news for ya! Inside the store, aisle 11 I think it is, they're having a sale on the Driver Mod."