How thick should I go with wheel spacers and adaptors??

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a lowering kit comming, springs and caps for my 03 vert. I have the 10 spoke wheels and am going to try spacers to bring them out hoping for a meaner look. I know I should buy a better set of shoes, and shocks but Ill try this first. Some of you have gone with 3/8s to 1 full inch all around. What do you feel is the correct width to still obtain the perfect look, while minimizing rubbing. Regrets if any? Pics appreciated as well. Thank you Gentlemen.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can double check with Cubican and bmw2nv2000, but I think 1/2" and 3/4" seem to be the best sizes, especially when lowered.

ViperCobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have 3/8" fronts and 3/4" rears, no rubbing at all with my 5 Spoke stock wheels and with Eibach/caps and the tires are align with the front and rear fenders, looks perfect to me! :) ... I may be selling my spacers coz just bought a new set of Iforged wheels from AbsolutHank :) Yehheeeyyyy!!!! and I may not need the spacers :) ... I will know by tomorrow if I need them or not ....

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 3/8" fronts and 3/4" rears, no rubbing at all with my 5 Spoke stock wheels and with Eibach/caps and the tires are align with the front and rear fenders, looks perfect to me! :) ... I may be selling my spacers coz just bought a new set of Iforged wheels from AbsolutHank :) Yehheeeyyyy!!!! and I may not need the spacers :) ... I will know by tomorrow if I need them or not ....

You def wont need the spacers with those wheels.

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will find out tomorrow, wanted to have the tires align with the fenders too with the Iforged :)

The iforged have a much lower offset then your stock wheels so they will align with with your fender just fine. But do report back when you get the wheels on. They will look great!

ViperCobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The iforged have a much lower offset then your stock wheels so they will align with with your fender just fine. But do report back when you get the wheels on. They will look great!

Thank you Sir :) and I will share for sure the infos. :)

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a lowering kit comming, springs and caps for my 03 vert. I have the 10 spoke wheels and am going to try spacers to bring them out hoping for a meaner look. I know I should buy a better set of shoes, and shocks but Ill try this first. Some of you have gone with 3/8s to 1 full inch all around. What do you feel is the correct width to still obtain the perfect look, while minimizing rubbing. Regrets if any? Pics appreciated as well. Thank you Gentlemen.

Make sure to get hub centric spacers. I have them on my car with stock 18" wheels I run .5 front and 1" rear with longer studs. Contact mark at www.ipsco.com he will make them for you what ever size you decide.

OP
OP

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Interested ViperCobra and PM sent.

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That's what I had and they were perfect, found a place on ebay that makes them custom for $140 for all 4

ViperCobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
are any of you with spacers using longer wheel studs?
. The spacers and adapters I ordered were custom made for our Vipers and I had to wait for about 2 weeks from a company I believe in Nevada. The 3/8" spacers in the fronts you don't need longer studs, you should be fine. The 3/4" adapters is hubcentric and has with it studs that you can just slap your wheels on them. I got these spacers and adapters from Cubican's Infos. I followed his setup, thanks again by the way Cubican :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960