Gen V Lower Spring Cap installation Guide

Discussion in 'Generation V Discussions / SRT Coupe, GTS, GTC, AC' started by Flames, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Flames

Flames Enthusiast

Hey everyone,

I was trying to find an install guide for the lowering caps but the info on Viper forums seems sparse, so I took a couple pics and wrote a small guide.
    I know the installation is very straight forward and this guide is not needed for mose people out there but I if anyone need it then it will be available.

Here's a comparison between the two

[​IMG]

We started with the rear, first step is to remove the inner fenders, there's a couple screws:

[​IMG]

Before you start the work on the suspension, you need to remove the fluid reservoir from the car.
    It is located under the car and holds in place with a couple bolts.

[​IMG]

Also, there's a small black hose you need to unplug:

[​IMG]

Then you can proceed to remove the suspension, remove these two big studs:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You should end up with the whole suspension assembly + the reservoir in hands:

[​IMG]

On to the fronts now, it's a little bit different; there's no inner fenders in the way and the reservoir is located in the wheel well.

Remove it:
    [​IMG]

Unplug the black hose again, then proceed to remove the suspension the same way you did for the rears.

Place the suspension on a spring clamp, and apply pressure to dampen the spring a little bit so the spring cap is loose on top

[​IMG]

There's a small cut out part in the back of the cap and it comes out this way very easily:

[​IMG]

Place the new lowered cap in place and loose the spring clamp, make sure everything sits correctly in place:

[​IMG]

And then re-install the suspension, plug back in the black hose and re-install the reservoir.

[​IMG]

I don't have proper pictures of the car sitting on the lowering caps but I can see a good difference, the height is much better. Pics coming soon :)
    Not sure if an alignment is needed but I went to the dealer and the car was misaligned (some say it is from factory) so they aligned it properly.

Spacers are on the way! :D

2. ViperPete

ViperPete Viper Owner

Where are the pics?

3. Flames

Flames Enthusiast

Raining alot in here, can't get a good shot :(

Soon !

4. Flames

Flames Enthusiast

Yeah, still raining, but I was able to grab a couple pics before the storm hit!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'd say the lowering cap drop isn't very apparent on pictures. But people who have seen my car before and after definitely noticed it.

And I did too, I like it better like that. I'd go lower but roads here are garbage and it would be a pain to drive, so it'll stay that way.

5. Flames

Flames Enthusiast

Hey I finally have good pictures to compare with!

WITHOUT spring caps and spacers:

[​IMG]

WITH spring caps and 3/8" spacers front and rear:

[​IMG]

6. viper k

viper k Viper Owner

Your viper looks badass ????

7. Flames

Flames Enthusiast

Yes indeed now with the caps and spacers :D

[​IMG]