How wide is a 96 GTS

unclebeets

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I've just purchased a 96 GTS and I have a friend who is willing to haul the car back for me. His trailer has 80 inches between the wheel wells, is a viper wider than 80 inches at it's widest point?

Also, the trailer is 18 feet long.

Thanks for the help,
Brent

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Bro congrats on the new ride!
I can't wait to go for a ride in the new sled.
Sounds like a winner to me and I'll plan on setting up another Viper meet here in Winnipeg this summer. That way you'll get a real Viper welcome. Also you'll have to make the trip to MN this summer with Russ and I. Hopefully we can get a # of others to follow us down as well.
I'll call you next week and give you a ride in my beast, that way you won't be able to sleep until you get your monster home the following week.

BTW watch the facia when loading, these things are low.

V

venms96

unclebeets,

Congrats on a great purchase ! Here is the scoop you asked for.
Page 113 in the 1996 GTS Owner's manual states:
Maximum Width - 75.74 inches
Maximum Width w/ Mirrors - 77.6
Overall Length - 176.7
and...
Top Speed - 180mph

Have fun.

venms96

OP
OP
U

unclebeets

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tracy: Can't wait to get this thing back and do some cruising. Thanks for all the help in finding the right car

Venms: Those are exactly the dimensions I was looking for. The top speed is a good thing to know too. Thanks

96GTS232

Enthusiast
Reaction score
went through same issue when i purchased my 20' trailer....as a precaution, i placed 2 flag poles at beginning of wells to judge clearance(it's a bit$@ to see wells entering a trailer with a viper)...more importantly,covered well's with old plush carpet to protect rims from scuffing in case of error....won't believe how much tire dressing is on carpets...it will fit, just be careful.

CANTDRIVE55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless your pretty "nimble", you'll have to butter yourself up to get out of the GTS in an enclosed trailer. I gave up the idea of an enclosed trailer and got a Sloan's Kwik-Load open tilt-bed trailer.

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't beleive it is enclosed. Also before the local natives here decided that they needed my 25ft enclosed trailer, I could squeeze in and out of my GTS even with my beer belly. It was tight, but you put one foot on the sill and lift the other over the door onto the thrailers fender.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery