How wide is the new Viper?...

Signal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard so many different specs on this car, it's almost unreal!
smile.gif
I've heard from about an inch narrower than the current Viper to a couple inches wider right up to about 8 inches wider!...So I was just curious if anyone on here had any real info on the dimensions of this beast!...Thanks for any info!!!...

Jason

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason if all goes well we will have a full presentation, that was shown at VOI, on this site very soon? We are just waiting for approval.

Tom Shapiro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I brought a tape and measured the car. At the widest point (side sill exhaust outlets) the car is 75". I didn't measure from the mirrors because I'm assuming they can fold in.

OP
OP
S

Signal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey thanks fellas!!...Sounds like the new snake just might be a tad sleeker in the waist but still nice and wide like a supercar...Guess we'll find out soon hopefully!...Thanks again!...

Jason

viperweb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The official numbers that Dodge gives for the width is 75.2 inches at the sills or 78.5 inches at the mirrors.

MiamiJeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Per the web page on dodge.com that allows you to compare various vehicles, overall width for an '02 RT/10 is listed as 75.7" while an '03 SRT-10 is listed at 84.8"

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The 84.8 was a misquote to a car magazine,and it continues to surface. Keep in mind a very wide trailer is 81-82 wide at the wheelwells and every SRT-10 would be too wide --- don't imagine anyone would be happy with that. It appears the width is only slightly more,key word slightly.

MiamiJeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remaining space in my garage is very narrow so I hope my post above is WRONG...though I took the numbers directly off of Dodge's own website yesterday...maybe that's where the magazines got their bad info, straight from the manufacturer's website???

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You got it right, it's wrong, if you don't believe me, believe Pemberton. I am not quoting numbers, so it could be the RT10 number that's wrong. I'm quoting John Fernandez at the SRT seminar, session one, "The two cars are the same size" And he joked about the misquotes and all the comments thereof.

MiamiJeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be smart for Dodge to correct it's own website so it can be relied upon (and not joked about).

I just went there and tried the GTS vs SRT comparison and got the same bad results as with the RT/10 vs SRT comparison:
2002 GTS 75.7" and 2003 SRT 84.8"

Maybe the database for vehicle comparisons on the Dodge site is fed by an outside source (with less than perfect information)?

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They put this one to rest at the SRT seminar at VOI, there had been some mistakes in magazines regarding this. From the seminar...Quote.."The car is the same size as the current car, the track is increased 2", wheelbase increased 2.6". Unquote. I took a whole bunch of notes at this session and posted them in the VOI7 section. Post is called "news from the srt seminar" I went looking for it to check these numbers, that post is currently on page 2 of the VOI7 posts. There is some interesting info. about "smart glass", "Computer storage mode" and other stuff that I haven't seen written or talked about anywhere except at the seminar. I posted some more stuff a day or two later under "more notes from the srt seminar" I would repost that stuff here but it's too long to retype.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MiamiJeff:
It would be smart for Dodge to correct it's own website so it can be relied upon (and not joked about).

I just went there and tried the GTS vs SRT comparison and got the same bad results as with the RT/10 vs SRT comparison:
2002 GTS 75.7" and 2003 SRT 84.8"

Maybe the database for vehicle comparisons on the Dodge site is fed by an outside source (with less than perfect information)?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I agree. John Fernandez should get Dodge's website corrected instead of laughing about it. One would expect the manufacturer to know the size of their own car. Stupid not funny!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21