How would the SRT fair against the GT from 0-150?

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a quote from John Colleti that was reported by www.thecarconnection.com:

"The Ford GT's supercharged engine will deliver more than 550 horsepower when it reaches dealers this coming summer, Ford Motor Co. officials said this week. John Coletti, director of Ford's SVT programs, said Ford had deliberately held back on discussing the horsepower number, pending tests on three production validation engines. Coletti also said pilot vehicles built using production tooling also have gone through extensive durability tests and come through with flying colors. "We completed a 24-hour endurance test, where it has to run for the full 24 hours, and then we repeated the test. The cars are very robust. We haven't had any failures worth mentioning," said Coletti, adding that the GT will easily reach 190 miles per hour. "We've established some pretty impressive supercar credentials with this car, and it's made in America. That's what makes me proud," Coletti said. -Joe Szczesny"

Apparently the car that went ~11.4 @ 128 MPH was running an engine making production type HP numbers. WOW!

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
See this months Motor Trend..

You must be registered for see images

See the Ford GT vs the Viper SRT

See the Viper SRT beat the Ford GT :2tu:

See Ford GT Chief Engr,John Colletti, with foot in mouth!! :D

I looked at the table of contents. Didn't see anything about a Viper vs GT face-off.

Kai

04 SRT10 Owner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey when I spend about 20 Grand to upgrade my SRT-10 which still puts total cost way below 150 grand my venom will pulverize that GT40. I think we have to keep in mind the incredible value of the Viper as far what we get for the cost.

Mopar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey when I spend about 20 Grand to upgrade my SRT-10 which still puts total cost way below 150 grand my venom will pulverize that GT40. I think we have to keep in mind the incredible value of the Viper as far what we get for the cost.

Careful, you sound like a Mustang owner trying to justify spending less for his Mustang than a Viper. :D

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
See this months Motor Trend..

You must be registered for see images

See the Ford GT vs the Viper SRT

See the Viper SRT beat the Ford GT :2tu:

See Ford GT Chief Engr,John Colletti, with foot in mouth!! :D

I looked at the table of contents. Didn't see anything about a Viper vs GT face-off.

Kai

Your about 2 issues behind. Its in the January issue. Forget the pic above, it will change every month. But you can read about the Viper SRT VS the Ford GT from the January article right here...
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/112_0401_vipandgt/index.html

Dead President

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Final certification testing of the 2005 Ford GT's powertrain shows that the car's 5.4-litre DOHC supercharged V8 is producing an average of 550 horsepower and 500 lb.-ft. of torque - 50 more horsepower than preliminary estimates."

I believe it when they test a production car. Everything else is cheap talk and hyperbole. Besides after any owner dynos their car, they could care less what a magazine said . . . they care what the RWHP of their car is!

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't forget that 03 Cobras dyno as high as 380 RWHP 100% stock (off the showroom floor stock) and they are rated at 390 HP at the crank. Lightnings are also underrated. Both of these cars have similar engines to the Ford GT.

"Final certification testing of the 2005 Ford GT's powertrain shows that the car's 5.4-litre DOHC supercharged V8 is producing an average of 550 horsepower and 500 lb.-ft. of torque - 50 more horsepower than preliminary estimates."

I believe it when they test a production car. Everything else is cheap talk and hyperbole. Besides after any owner dynos their car, they could care less what a magazine said . . . they care what the RWHP of their car is!

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Colleti choses his words very carefully when preparing a quote for a car mag. I suspect something when he states "We haven't had any failures worth mentioning," That is not to say they have had no failures.
I suspect the 05 Ford GT will outrun a stock SRT-10 convertable. I also suspect the 06 SRT-10 street coupe will similarly outrun the Ford!

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heres possible proof that the production GT will kill the SRT10 in any acceleration tests....It just keeps getting better and better....Looks like it will be going after the Enzo now :eek: Heres a link...May not be the type of concrete journalism we would like but it does raise your eyebrows....If its true...Wow 565rwhp :headbang:

http://www.mustangweekly.com/2004/march/news/n03-6-3rd.asp

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960