HUGE CRACK in my HOOD!!! ***??

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Based on the cowl damage and the crack running longitudinally, I'd say make sure you ask the detailer for copies of the pictures of the babe he had sitting on your hood.
Thats eactly what I was thinking...Some big fat chick....

SEASNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What year is your car? 94's and early 95's were notorious for hood cracks due to the excessive amounts of filler used by the factory to smooth out poor quality hoods. I bought a 94 that was perfect with 3K miles on it. By the time I drove it home (1K miles), it had three cracks and after the first week of work there were too many to count. But they were all 3" or less. Nothing like what you have here.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think I agree with the Detailer, it looks like it was keyed. If that's all the paint work you need a good paintchip remover could fix it for a couple hundred.

Ted

maxdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It might be cold outside that makes it brittal,the hood adj. up to far the you hit a bump,or a turn and the flex. There was a artical where they took a firebird around a cornering test before adding bigger swaybars and the flex chiped the paint on the corners of the hood and fenders... flex and cold???