Hydraulic oil change for lifts?

jk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since there are a lot of lift owners out there and I have now had mine for about 4 years now, I was wondering if there is a recommended hydraulic oil change schedule? After all, we change our brake fluid periodically which is just another type of hydraulic fluid so it seems reasonable that the hydraulic oil in a lift has a certain life expectancy. Granted brake fluid is exposed to harsher working conditions, but should the lift fluid be changed and is there a way to determine if it has absorbed moisture, etc? I bought mine used so I do not have an owners manual so I am not even sure if there is a maintenance schedule associated with the lift. Like any other hydraulic equipment, it seems likely there is a lifetime to the hydraulic oil.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look for a service manual on-line? :dunno:

If none for your lift, try a service manual for any other similar lift. Lift brand A = lift brand B when it comes to things like fluid degrading and corrosion prevention.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my lifts are 13 years old and used all day 5 days a week,no need to change oil,mine is still clean in all 4 of them as the level gets checked once a year..

OP
OP
J

jk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some do, some don't. Seems like it can't hurt to change the oil.
I have a Double Park DP-7 lift. Went to their home page and they recommend Citgo brand AW32 hydraulic oil, but there is no mention of any maintenance schedule for oil changes. Sent them an email, now I will see if they respond...