i CAN'T believe this...about our custom hood post.....

venomblue550

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i CAN\'T believe this...about our custom hood post.....

i know a lot of you guys on here prob against elite motorsport, so that's prob why that VCA pulled our custom hood post off here...but there is something most of you don't know....the hoods we have are NOT elites hood, we totally made those hood from nothing....all we used are the heat retractor vents design from it, brand new mold, brand new builder, brand new material, on and on.....i mean we spend tons of time(1.5 month) and tons of $$ to making this quliaty hood for all viper owners...what we got at the end is not allow to even post hood on here....some of you got problems with elite, but there is nothing has to do with us...we are nowhere part of elite, we took over the whole production and rights on making them....elite do NOT make them anymore, we are the ONLY maker for them now...we NEVER did anything wrong to anyone of you....so there are some pictures saved under our gallary, you all can check it out, or can visit on our site, hood will be on the site soon...thanks

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: i CAN\'T believe this...about our custom hood post.....

Nice looking hood. Sorry they pulled your post.

Jerry Colpitts

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ron does Awesome work and is a stand up guy. I have gotten many things from ron. From decals to having parts chromed and stuff powdercoated. Nice work ron keep it up. :2tu:

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Lets see something,

[******]

Elite

Yep, something is wrong here.

One is on the upswing, and the other is in the toilet. So the wrong one is blocked.

Sorry about you post too.

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I didn't quite understand why it wasn't posted in the 'NEW PRODUCTS AND SUPPLIER SPECIALS' forum.

OP
OP
V

venomblue550

Viper Owner
Reaction score

no matter where we post the new hood...it will get pulled since it was "like" the elite hood....but WHY???

2 totally different company and selling 2 different product...why??

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ron, I feel really bad for you because I know the quality of work that you do, hell, a lot of parts on your website are parts that came from my vehicle. You are very creative and an asset to the viper community, keep up the good work...Good Luck!

Reaction score

no matter where we post the new hood...it will get pulled since it was "like" the elite hood....but WHY???

2 totally different company and selling 2 different product...why??

I thought the e-mail from Jay was QUITE clear....so sorry it was too difficult to understand. Shall I quote it here for you?

There is a clear (and agreed upon) policy with the supporting vendors that ADVERTISEMENTS are supposed to be in the Classifieds and the NEW PRODUCT area....and that "plugs" in the other forums are limited....you reached your limit. He also stated, very eloquently, that for right now, the Elite products are not being promoted. His e-mail was polite and professional.....your response, on the other hand, tends to be a little on the childish side. Had you not ADVERTISED in the FORUM like you were already asked, and had you not ADVERTISED the hood as an Elite hood, and had you ADVERTISED the hood in the New Product Forum...you would likely NOT be complaining about nothing right now.

Your subject line said it all:

"CUSTOM G1 & G2 elite heat retractor hood is done....check it out......

Well...if it isn't an Elite hood....why in the world would you promote it as such. And...while I am at it....why is it all the other vendors seem to be able to limit their ADVERTISEMENTS in the general Forums (as AGREED).....but you don't.

So, in closing....you have not been wronged...you got your hand slapped for getting into the cookie jar one too many times and your feelings are hurt...and now you want people to feel sorry for you. Sheesh, you did not follw the rules you agreed to....take your lump and move on like an adult.

Thank you very much.

BTW....nobody said you can't post about the hood...just do it in the right place, and DON'T advertise it as an Elite hood (especially if, now, in your own words, it is not). :confused:

As far as the ***** go. I think they are stupid as well, but that is neither here nor there. The ***** were a long time coming, they didn't just happen overnight (though I wish they would go away).

Reaction score

PS....don't let Ron here have you all buffalo'd into thinking he is so mistreated. His feelings were hurt and now he wants attention. Man up and move on.

ViperRichRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't know Ron, but without having the reasoning for his post being pulled, I am confused. If Ron is not part of Elite, I have a big problem with his post being "censored". If anyone has a problem with him, most are not shy to tell all! What's the deal VCA or whoever knows?

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't know Ron, but without having the reasoning for his post being pulled, I am confused. If Ron is not part of Elite, I have a big problem with his post being "censored". If anyone has a problem with him, most are not shy to tell all! What's the deal VCA or whoever knows?
I don't know the facts but it appears that Tony explained the problem in explicit detail. Which makes very good sense ....rules on the forum kept simple. ABIDE BY THEM!

-lou

ViperRichRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Woops...should have read Tony's post a little more closely :p :p

Reaction score

If Ron is a reasonable supplier then he should be treated like such. My experience has been that the ENFORCERS move post that they feel are in the incorrect Topic section to where they feel it belongs?
Seems reasonable to me. Delete Ron's post because it is in the wrong section? Why? Please give Ron the same respect as other valued vendors. If a product is a substitute or similar to another like Coke or Pepsi both interchanged why is there a problem if Ron makes reference to a supplier that once made a similiar product when everyone knows it is a hood made by Ron but looks and functions like the elite hood. Seems like there are plenty of hurt feelings and egos circling this topic! Everyone act like professional adults! School is out, no scoldings please.

ceieio

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Guys - let's just follow the rules and not make it a pain for the people that volunteer to help keep this forum useful.

I am sure that the first few times the moderators did move them and send a polite note on proper procedure. After a while, anyone will get tired of picking up the dirty socks dropped over the house and insist that you take care of them yourself. (I can't be the only one with kids!).

Following such a simple rule is not that big of thing to ask.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

In support of the forum administrator, I think all posters should abide by the rules of posting. Events in the "Events" forum. Classifieds in the "Classified" Section. Products in the "Supplier Specials" section. If everyone gets organized as per the rules, then it will make searching the archives a lot easier. There is too much cross posting today. The Gen II forum is not the only forum on this site.

Against the forum administrator, I don't think Ron should take flak for Elite even if it's an Elite hood unless Ron is proven to be bad by the Viper community. I don't believe in guilty until proven innocent.

My $0.02. No flame.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Evidently if you lead into an indirect self-advertisement repeatedly with something like: Congratulations to so and so doing such and such with our parts/tuning etc that's allowed then..

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Right on Tony..Advertisments belong in a certain section..we dont need them tooting their own horns..We know where to go to see their products..If someone has installed the product on their own car and wishes to share it with everybody then we welcome their experience on this section of the forum..

Adam

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bought some parts from Ron great guy always in constant contact right up to recieving here in the UK....
Top products as well HIDs and red calipers..
Baz :2tu: :2tu: :headbang:

Reaction score

Personally...I think Ron is a GREAT site sponsor and VCA supporter (thank god we aren't in athletics!! :) ).

More to the point, commenting only on the "Elite" part of the issue....I think there ARE some outstanding issues that have caused some concern with Elite...and it was on these very Forums that members called for him being removed as a sponsor. Am I now to believe that is not the case? Having said that, the advertsiement (which was out of the bounds of the quantity site sponsors are allowed) DID advertise the hood as an Elite hood...at least that is how I read it.

Fred, to your point....out of ALL the site sponsors we have...can you take a guess how many actually post "advertisements" OUTSIDE of the New Products area? And, how many post so many OUTSIDE the New Products area they get a little reminder?

That said...I can honestly and SAFELY say that Ron HAS received "the same respect as other valued vendors"...and then some. Not one single person stated he could not advertise a new hood....but, as you can see from his subject line:

"CUSTOM G1 & G2 elite heat retractor hood is done....check it out......"

It sure does look like an advertisement for Elite. :confused:

So, while Ron has everyone (well, a bunch of people) on the bandwagon behind him because he was so mis-treated....should I go ahead and run some reports comparing his actions over the last year (with regard to posting more than the agreed upon "advertisements" OUTSIDE the proper place) with the actions of our other sponsors?

I fail to see HIS need to run to the Forum and complain. He is the one who screwed up, HE is the one who was asked to kindly remember NOT to post more than the agreed upon extraneous "advertisements. So he got his thread pulled because it appeared like he was advertising Elite...big deal! Did ANYONE tell him he could NOT advertise his hood? Nope...not a single soul.

I am sorry Ron got his feelings hurt...but

a) He blew it out of proportion COMPLETELY
b) He wanted to come here and complain.....people in glass houses....
c) Everyone has been kind and respectful when asking him to follow the rules....to no avail.

Is this ludicrous? Yep.....but there is ONLY one person to blame, and I'll reply as many times as needed to show that there was no wrong-doing.

Thank you for reading. :)

Streak

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I see both sides....but sometimes there are WAY too many rules for a forum.....

OP
OP
V

venomblue550

Viper Owner
Reaction score

i'm sorry tony and sorry to everyone i will post it under the supplier special then...sorry

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"Limited plugs" and advertising? I seem to remember seeing "if it fits on or in a Viper..." all over the place. Oops there is another one, Crap.

Reaction score

Streak: These particular rules are there to level the playing field for all the sponsors and make sure everything is fair. I do NOT mena this in a bad way, honest...but I can assure you that Ron has probably posted more "advertisements" ooutside the New Product area than any other sponsor. Again, not meant to blast Ron...I firmly believe that sponsorship has its privledges...and Ron does all of the Viper Nation right!

Ron: Water under the bridge. You doa great service to us all!

Steve: JonB does very little advertising in the Forums. He may offer his help...and "oh, by the way, I have that part in stock" kinda stuff, but he is far from being abusive...IMHO.

Maybe Ron misunderstood what was writeen? I have no idea...I just thought that he was not penalized for advertising a new hood....it just was a combination of things that all culminated at the same time. I hope Ron continues to forge ahead with new designs for us!! :)

OK...dead tired! I've been waiting by my phone for The Wizard to call with my Friday update, but he probably is covered with snow. :)

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So an unlimited number of on-topic and appropriate posts that have a signature "makers or blah-blah" or "call me for all your blah-blah needs" or "world's fastest blah blah" are okay?

A tuner congratulating himself or his driver on some new record is not advertising?

Another respected tuner puts up a "secret project coming soon, details to follow" and gets a million responses guessing what it might be?

Maybe these fall under "limited advertising", and this is the distinction Tony is talking about. Maybe Ron overstepped these bounds more than we can know. Only he and ROn know really, and obviously even they have a different take on it. I'll let the moderator do his job, and respect his decisions.

However, personally, I find the above examples much more distracting from the forum as a whole than an introduction to a new product (or re-availability of a product in this case). We might not see it under supplier specials, and it may take a long time for people to find it, start using it, and posting their own objective feedback or praise here. These kind of intro's bring products to the Viper consumer, help the start-up business guys, and bring traffic to the VCA website. Everyone wins in my opinion.

Also, if people overstep these bounds, the Viper Club guys have no hesitancy in letting them know. I recall a tuner from Chicago posting a congratulations to his driver for a new mark of some kind and immediately getting a "are you congratulating yourself???" response. When people would post a comment here about their Elite hood, all kinds of unhappy campers would post responses. That's the best kind of real-world moderation.

Like I said, I respect Tony's decisions. But I still prefer my own opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960