I felt bad on what happened to a ACR in Dallas April 16th

neo_rambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a yellow 06 srt coupe and I was driving home on 190 in Dallas, TX and saw my very first ACR so I accelerated and caught up to him just to check out his black with red stripe ACR and we gave each other some nods and we continued to drive side by side going about 75-80 mph (speed limit is 70mph)my V1 starting going crazy.and I thought it was his radar detector making mine go crazy.

I was in the fast lane and there was a car in front of me so I put on my blinker and he high-beamed me to get infront of him. I get in front of him and 20 seconds later sirens and lights appear behind him. The cop pulled him over and I continued to drive. I felt so bad cause we were driving the same speed.

I guess the cop wanted to harass him because of his spoiler and stuff. But I'm Yellow for god sakes so that's a loud color. I just felt bad for the guy, he seemed like a nice guy. I kept running the scenerio in my head thinking maybe I should have stopped too. But then I thought the cop would have given me a ticket as well.

So if you are that guy first off your ACR is badass. And sorry about that.

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe he didn't get written up.. To serve and protect--what a joke. Cops are just unskilled, zero ambition tax collectors.

OP
OP
N

neo_rambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know what would be really funny if the cop pulled him over to take a picture with his car. LOL

Olddudesrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe he didn't get written up.. To serve and protect--what a joke. Cops are just unskilled, zero ambition tax collectors.

Wow Bandit, sounds like a great big freaking generalization....I'm sure you'll be the last one to call an officer when you really need one, huh? I'm plenty skilled, have more ambition than most, and don't enjoy paying taxes anymore than anyone else. Why not share what your line of work is, my friend?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
HE CALLED ME!!!!

It was a girl cop....like go-daddy.

she asked him out to dinner...

rumor has it they had sex on the first date.

Olddudesrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HE CALLED ME!!!!

It was a girl cop....like go-daddy.

she asked him out to dinner...

rumor has it they had sex on the first date.

Nice and good for him, but I gotta say, if the roles were reversed (male cop, female driver), the cop gets fired.....I'd say she probably would too come to think about it.....Oh well, nothing wrong with the driver taking advantage of her poor judgement...;)

OP
OP
N

neo_rambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice and good for him, but I gotta say, if the roles were reversed (male cop, female driver), the cop gets fired.....I'd say she probably would too come to think about it.....Oh well, nothing wrong with the driver taking advantage of her poor judgement...;)

I think he was kidding.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that is why fish swim in schools

the ones on the edge keep the others safe -

You must be registered for see images

i was carl for my last ticket :mad:

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Old dude--1st no friendship with us, 2nd, I was a cop probably before you were born, 3rd, I don't need no punk cop to ever help me. Since it sounds like you are/were one, how many crimes did you ever prevent< you know, actually in the act? story time. I got smart and bought my first business, a gas station at 28 and never looked back, why do you ask?

V

Venomiss

Aww he probably just came up with this is a Toyota story and his name was Lance.

Olddudesrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Old dude--1st no friendship with us, 2nd, I was a cop probably before you were born, 3rd, I don't need no punk cop to ever help me. Since it sounds like you are/were one, how many crimes did you ever prevent< you know, actually in the act? story time. I got smart and bought my first business, a gas station at 28 and never looked back, why do you ask?

Friendship isn't the issue. I just take offense to anyone spouting off generalizations like that. I'm especially surprised that you were a cop, though I do know a few who left with bad tastes in their mouths. No field is all bad, gas station owners included. As far as crime prevention goes, your right, but what does that have to do with you making a comment about cops having no ambition? If you've done the job, then you know preventing crimes is nearly impossible (everyplace all the time, right?).
Sure, I've gotten lucky a half dozen times in 10 years on the job, but it was more of "right time, right place".

No more soap box from me. If you make ****ty comments like that, you should expect someone to call you on it. You had your piece, I had mine.

Tim Purtell

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Neo - It was me that got pulled over! Black ACR with red drivers stripe!!!

I have a ****** passport and I dont think it ever went off. I would have easily gone faster following you but THANKFULLy you kept it at the low 70's!!!! The speed limit on this section of road was 70.

The cop pulls me over - tells me he stopped me for 'Excessive speed' (I was thinking to myself - come on!!!) - then looks at the front of the car and says he is going to give me a ticket for no front license plate too. He asked me who my 'friend' was and I told him we just caught up with each other on the highway by chance - not sure he believed that, but it was true.

Anyway - after fiddling around in his car doing whatever they do- he walks back up and gives me a warning for both excessive speed and the license plate - after a lecture about the license plate he let me go.

I have not gotten a ticket in this car yet - so glad I didnt have to mess with one. I track the car primarily but my truck is getting serviced so it has become my daily driver for the week - tracking it allows me to satisfy my need for speed and minimize street craziness.

Glad to catch up with you on the highway!!! Great looking yellow car!!!

All the best!

Tim

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You are totally full of BS. You were a cop my a.s. Probably never even made it past h.s....dude.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A yellow coupe and an ACR and the cop pulled the ACR huh? Wonder what would have happened if this was there? "Do I pull over the yellow one or the ACR...or both, or...aaargghhhhhh, I'm so confused!" :D

You must be registered for see images attach

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow Bandit, sounds like a great big freaking generalization....I'm sure you'll be the last one to call an officer when you really need one, huh? I'm plenty skilled, have more ambition than most, and don't enjoy paying taxes anymore than anyone else. Why not share what your line of work is, my friend?

Sounds like Bandit hit close to the mark. :omg:

If I need help, I call my friends....... Smith&Wesson :2tu:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
EVERY profession has its bad apples. I've met way more good cops who were sincere about what they do (and the limitations thereof) than I have bad cops who power tripped or took pleasure in things like traffic enforcement. It's not fair to condemn an entire profession because a few idiots act improperly.

I agree its not fair to Stereo Type . But there are a lot of cops that give the rest horrible reputations . A lot think they are superior human beings for being an officer .

I have met more cops with short man syndrome , or ones that you would almost seem like they got beat up during when they were young and they are taking out there anger on the public .
I barely take my car out where I live . I get harassed more often then not . I live in a small city and I have the only Viper I know of . For awhile I would drive around with both mine . Wife would take the 00 ACR and I would drive the 08. I was constantly getting pulled over and followed .
I was followed by one of the local Ghost cars for 15 mins . Finally got paranoid enough that I pulled over . I waved the cop over . Asked him is there a reason you are following me ? Have I done something wrong or are you just waiting for me to make a mistake so you can ticket me ?

" I don't see many of those cars around here so was just seeing what was going on "

Then he drives off . Thats just one incident of many .
Got pulled over one time so he could check my papers . His reasoning was I was going to give me a stunting ticket for going around a corner too fast . I was definetly under the posted speed limit , car didn't fish tail and I didn't obstruct anyone .
Just a few incedents and I have many others that you probably don't care to hear .

My brother got jumped one night walking home from the bar . Beat up really bad broke his arm face was swollen and messed up . Our local cops had Zero compassion for him . Told him it was his own fault for walking alone at night . They were trying to say he started it . When he didn't even know where they came from or who they were . You could tell they were mad just to be dealing with the situation .

We have so many problems , Drugs , crime , B&E that our local cops could be utilizing there time towards . Issues that just don't seem to get better . When I have had to deal with a real crime here its painful . Nothing gets done about important issues. Instead it just feels like they would rather harass the law abiding citizens . I know there is good cops out there I just havn't met many .

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pulled my gun out twice this month....once had somthing to do with a sex offender hanging around a kids park....the other had to do with a stolen vehicle..both were very early in the morning between 2 and 3am...but ill *** no thank yous from parents and no thankyous from the owner of that truck whos house was robbed by the same criminals..........the one thing ill defiently get is people pissed about speeding tickets

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pulled my gun out twice this month....once had somthing to do with a sex offender hanging around a kids park....the other had to do with a stolen vehicle..both were very early in the morning between 2 and 3am...but ill *** no thank yous from parents and no thankyous from the owner of that truck whos house was robbed by the same criminals..........the one thing ill defiently get is people pissed about speeding tickets

I'll take the time to say thank you for pulling the gun on the sex offender. If you had put a couple rounds in his chest, I'd be more than happy to send a "thank you" and a couple beers your way. I know we have 1 member here who doesn't believe in punishing child molestors, (I'm not talking about anyone who has posted previously in this thread) but for those of us who do respect what you do, thank you! A few bad cops really do ruin it for the rest.

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Old dude, nice response, I apologize for the generalization but everyone here probably has been written up, harassed by a cop at one time. What I shoulda said was your motto is to "protect and serve", but how is giving a ticket for window tint, 10 MPH over the limit etc play to that? Back in the day I got plenty of tickets and harassment, now that the hair is grey--no problem.
We have many small towns near us and they prey on people with BS tickets. Just another form of taxation. And BTW-- I havn't gotten a ticket by them, but my son has gotten 17. I met with the Chief of police and had them all dismissed--ALL bs.

Crissy--HS? was in 65 sonny, now sit and mind your manners.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Are you a LEO? As a private citizen, what you did is probably criminal brandishing or something similar.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Old dude, nice response, I apologize for the generalization but everyone here probably has been written up, harassed by a cop at one time. What I shoulda said was your motto is to "protect and serve", but how is giving a ticket for window tint, 10 MPH over the limit etc play to that? Back in the day I got plenty of tickets and harassment, now that the hair is grey--no problem.
We have many small towns near us and they prey on people with BS tickets. Just another form of taxation. And BTW-- I havn't gotten a ticket by them, but my son has gotten 17. I met with the Chief of police and had them all dismissed--ALL bs.

Crissy--HS? was in 65 sonny, now sit and mind your manners.

dude how long ago were you a cop?????was it the 70's or earlier?????

Window tint scares the sh*t out of me..I work the night shift and their is no feeling worst than when you pull some one over and they dont put the window down and the tint is so dark that you cant see anything...All you can wonder is if they have a warrant ect and just dont want to go to jail tonight and are prepareing to take your life under the concealment of the window tint..

IT IS NOT A BS TICKET....It's officer safety!!!!!!!!!!!!

A few nights ago my partner and I thought a vehicle was empty..the window tint was completely blacked out...We start looking around the area and a few minutes later this guy just magically pops out of that car..Again window tint is no joke...

BANDIT...You should know this stuff...Now go pump my gas..he he he J/K

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you a LEO? As a private citizen, what you did is probably criminal brandishing or something similar.

You know..i think you are right...From now on I will stop pulling people over and stop pulling my weapon till im an LOE or what ever you said...I dont want to get in trouble..

I love your car BTW

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have a ****** passport and I dont think it ever went off. I would have easily gone faster following you but THANKFULLy you kept it at the low 70's!!!! The speed limit on this section of road was 70.

The cop pulls me over - tells me he stopped me for 'Excessive speed' (I was thinking to myself - come on!!!) - then looks at the front of the car and says he is going to give me a ticket for no front license plate too. He asked me who my 'friend' was and I told him we just caught up with each other on the highway by chance - not sure he believed that, but it was true.

Anyway - after fiddling around in his car doing whatever they do- he walks back up and gives me a warning for both excessive speed and the license plate - after a lecture about the license plate he let me go.

I have not gotten a ticket in this car yet - so glad I didnt have to mess with one. I track the car primarily but my truck is getting serviced so it has become my daily driver for the week - tracking it allows me to satisfy my need for speed and minimize street craziness.

All the best!

Tim

excessive speeding is 30 mph or more over the speed limit in my state..how fast were you going over the limit?

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score

All the best!

Tim

Glad you got off and im glad you were here to read his post, or i would of thought you were ticketed for sure. Some cops are cool. :2tu::usa:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang