I felt bad on what happened to a ACR in Dallas April 16th

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Twister, anyone using the word "dude" is a kidiot. Yup back in the 70's, good guess--lets see--HS grad in 65--yer one smart "dude". Got smart after 3 years of hearing other cops complain of small pay raises and uniform allowances etc, very petty to me.
I sold the gas station many years ago, now I just own a dumpy lil repair shop.
Twister, were you and your partner scared to approach the car? hahahhhaahzh ****.

Let me get it straight--you looked around FIRST, then looked in the car? Seems you need remedial training. Be careful of things that go bump in the night.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree its not fair to Stereo Type . But there are a lot of cops that give the rest horrible reputations . A lot think they are superior human beings for being an officer .

I have met more cops with short man syndrome , or ones that you would almost seem like they got beat up during when they were young and they are taking out there anger on the public .
I barely take my car out where I live . I get harassed more often then not . I live in a small city and I have the only Viper I know of . For awhile I would drive around with both mine . Wife would take the 00 ACR and I would drive the 08. I was constantly getting pulled over and followed .
I was followed by one of the local Ghost cars for 15 mins . Finally got paranoid enough that I pulled over . I waved the cop over . Asked him is there a reason you are following me ? Have I done something wrong or are you just waiting for me to make a mistake so you can ticket me ?

" I don't see many of those cars around here so was just seeing what was going on "

Then he drives off . Thats just one incident of many .
Got pulled over one time so he could check my papers . His reasoning was I was going to give me a stunting ticket for going around a corner too fast . I was definitely under the posted speed limit , car didn't fish tail and I didn't obstruct anyone .
Just a few incidents and I have many others that you probably don't care to hear .

My brother got jumped one night walking home from the bar . Beat up really bad broke his arm face was swollen and messed up . Our local cops had Zero compassion for him . Told him it was his own fault for walking alone at night . They were trying to say he started it . When he didn't even know where they came from or who they were . You could tell they were mad just to be dealing with the situation .

We have so many problems , Drugs , crime , B&E that our local cops could be utilizing there time towards . Issues that just don't seem to get better . When I have had to deal with a real crime here its painful . Nothing gets done about important issues. Instead it just feels like they would rather harass the law abiding citizens . I know there is good cops out there I just havn't met many .

^^^^this^^^^^

I don't want to come off as a hater, I'm not. I have a few friends that are good police officers, but the fact remains that a lot of them are power tripping every time they hit the roads. A couple have boasted how every time they get pulled over, they just whip out their badges.......... "Professional courtesy" :rolleyes:

A bulk of those that serve do feel that the laws are there for other people and not themselves, when on or off duty. And yes all police should be obeying the same laws as we do unless they are on a call.

I guess that is the biggest issue I have................

Last edited:

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What- Viper ACR- said (could not quote for some reason??) is 100% true especially here in Texas. Above the law with a badge. I see them speeding a lot without lights, parking where you or I would get a citation, and other infractions that make me sick. A Houston TV channel even showed a special program a few years ago showing their ignorance for the law they represent with in car videos. Not to mention where they screwed up my Viper theft right from my garage and total loss in 2008 from a botched process. The theif who they actually talked to is STILL free and on the run. I dont call them "sir or officer" either with just 130 some hours of training in most cases. I will use that etiquite for an officer of the military (not MP either) as they earned their rank. Yes, there are some good honest ones but hard to find.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pulled my gun out twice this month....once had somthing to do with a sex offender hanging around a kids park....the other had to do with a stolen vehicle..both were very early in the morning between 2 and 3am...but ill *** no thank yous from parents and no thankyous from the owner of that truck whos house was robbed by the same criminals..........the one thing ill defiently get is people pissed about speeding tickets

Twister,
You need to stay out of this arguement or I'll post up your meltdown from the other board. You seem to be a good guy, but just have some issues..........................like wrecking most of the cars you own. :rolleyes:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know..i think you are right...From now on I will stop pulling people over and stop pulling my weapon till im an LOE or what ever you said...I dont want to get in trouble..

I love your car BTW

Ya know how I know you're not a cop? If you were, you'd know that LEO = Law Enforcement Officer.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Neo - It was me that got pulled over! Black ACR with red drivers stripe!!!......Glad to catch up with you on the highway!!! Great looking yellow car!!! All the best! Tim

Okay, so I told a fib.......... ill make it up to you by sending you a free front license plate bracket...... I have your address.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Twister, anyone using the word "dude" is a kidiot. Yup back in the 70's, good guess--lets see--HS grad in 65--yer one smart "dude". Got smart after 3 years of hearing other cops complain of small pay raises and uniform allowances etc, very petty to me.
I sold the gas station many years ago, now I just own a dumpy lil repair shop.
Twister, were you and your partner scared to approach the car? hahahhhaahzh ****.

Let me get it straight--you looked around FIRST, then looked in the car? Seems you need remedial training. Be careful of things that go bump in the night.

no...We did our best to look in the car..Even tapped the glass with our flash lights ect. But the tint was so dark we couldnt see anything even when directly putting our lights againt the glass..

This is just one "TINT" incident that happenned in the past week..Im trying to show you why those tickets are written..

yes cops do complain about petty things..But dosent every profession..I only make 60K a year doing this job...My buisness makes a couple times more than that...But if I had to choose one and money wasnt a factor id honestly keep my job and let the buisness go...

You chose a differant rout...But no reason to bad mouth a profession that you seem to know very little about

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Twister,
You need to stay out of this arguement or I'll post up your meltdown from the other board. You seem to be a good guy, but just have some issues..........................like wrecking most of the cars you own. :rolleyes:

yea I forgot..im Mall Security..Ill stay out of this...And Come on..Ive owned 10 over the past 6 years and only wrecked two...Thats like 20%..If we were talking about Touch Down passes that would be OK

Olddudesrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Old dude, nice response, I apologize for the generalization but everyone here probably has been written up, harassed by a cop at one time. What I shoulda said was your motto is to "protect and serve", but how is giving a ticket for window tint, 10 MPH over the limit etc play to that? Back in the day I got plenty of tickets and harassment, now that the hair is grey--no problem.
We have many small towns near us and they prey on people with BS tickets. Just another form of taxation. And BTW-- I havn't gotten a ticket by them, but my son has gotten 17. I met with the Chief of police and had them all dismissed--ALL bs.

Crissy--HS? was in 65 sonny, now sit and mind your manners.

Accepted Bandit. I'm not looking for any bad blood here, just want to talk Vipers and not necessarily have to deal with that kind stuff here. I think many on this thread have already summed it up well. There's bad apples in every field. I don't plan on sharing my feelings blindly about other job choices, and would prefer not to read cop bashing diatribes. Be safe.

PAvenomRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give the cop a break. He saw 2 high powered high profile Vipers going side by side down the interstate by their own admission 10 mph over the limit (more likely 15-20) and he pulled one over. He ended up giving him just a warning instead of a ticket so that seems pretty reasonable.
PAvenomRT/10

Tim Purtell

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Okay, so I told a fib.......... ill make it up to you by sending you a free front license plate bracket...... I have your address.

Jon, Thanks for the offer for the plate holder but dont send it! I have the one that came with the car - just never put it on - didnt want to ruin the look at the front of the car!!! I appreciate the offer!

boplaw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
yea I forgot..im Mall Security..Ill stay out of this...And Come on..Ive owned 10 over the past 6 years and only wrecked two...Thats like 20%..If we were talking about Touch Down passes that would be OK

Touchdown passes? You wrecked 2 Vipers street racing yet you continue to do it and post about it. Like I said, I just hope the next time you crash it is once again a single car wreck and there is no one in the passenger seat. The odds are against it though.

Last edited:

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pulled my gun out twice this month....once had somthing to do with a sex offender hanging around a kids park....the other had to do with a stolen vehicle..both were very early in the morning between 2 and 3am...

I'm surprised that no one asked what Kids? In a park? between 2 & 3 am :dunno:

Dude, seriously????

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously what????

This isnt a park like you are thinking about..this is 3 miles worth of wooded property desighned for kids to play sports. The area is completely shut down and locked up during the hours of non operation..

I responded to a call of suspicous activity....I cant give any more detail than this person as well as another were found hideing in the bushes apparantly camped out and waiting for the morning activities...

Yes one was a sex offender..yes they were both Tresspassing..But those are not why my weopon was drawn..

What I find sad is that I get questioned on my actions..if you ever found out some ****** or child molester was waiting in the woods right by were your 7 year old kid played a sport you'd be thinking the cop up and down..

What ever though..it's just so much easier to say Im mall security...Atleaste people seem to give a lil praise for that..