I found something undern my passenger seat. What is this thing?

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Here is the skinny on that shift knob:

Back in 97-98, a friend of mine in VA (Danny) wanted to bring back the 70-71 Mopar pistol grip shifter for the Viper. He had a helluva time getting someone to make a few prototypes for him. Finally, he found a place in Texas that agreed to do the project. I got him the reproduction pistol grip parts and those were shipped to TX for the project.

Unfortunately, things got kinda sour between Danny and the guy in TX and this is what showed up! Only a few were made and they didn't go over very well.

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didnt Adam have one of those on his DLM/Elite 96 RT? Looks like a beer tap handle!!! Looks like a perfect fit to that gorilla arm!!! :nana:

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
since only a few were made, and they are hard to come by, does that mean they are worth 1 million dollars. lol ;) ;)

OP
OP
D

DEADEYE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here is the skinny on that shift knob:

Back in 97-98, a friend of mine in VA (Danny) wanted to bring back the 70-71 Mopar pistol grip shifter for the Viper. He had a helluva time getting someone to make a few prototypes for him. Finally, he found a place in Texas that agreed to do the project. I got him the reproduction pistol grip parts and those were shipped to TX for the project.

Unfortunately, things got kinda sour between Danny and the guy in TX and this is what showed up! Only a few were made and they didn't go over very well.

Thanks for the ID!
I've got a use for it...A disposdable razor holder.

8648What_the_007-med.jpg

mystic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
damn that must be my old viper... i remember putting that old shifter under the seat when i sold the car.. when i bought the car, it had that shift knob on there and i replaced it with a mgw knob

mystic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

mystic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think ive got a bunch of parts off that car in storage somewhere....i think ive got the intake manifold, exhaust, stock airbox, etc.. if your interested let me know

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32