I got blown yesterday!!!

Blade Runner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I took the plunge and finally got my blower. I had PBJ install the Roe 5lb system. Joe did a wonderful job. I can't express how good this looks. As for the performance, it turned out to be 575 RWHP and 625 ft.lbs. of torque. Joe also installed a new air box. I have the first one for a blown car, all stainless and custom painted to match the car. If anyone felt the earth move last night I'm sorry it was my fault. When you mash the throttle on this blown Viper it does effect the rotation of the earth.
Thanks to Performance by Joe, no wonder people come from everywhere to have you work on there cars. You rock :headbang:

6033PICT0494-med.JPG

6033PICT0499-med.JPG

6033PICT0500-med.JPG

6033PICT0496-med.JPG

6033PICT0498-med.JPG

6033PICT0085-med.JPG

Had to put my plate back in because it's so cool!!

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BEAUTIFULL !!
Nicest engin I have ever seen.

And the HP is very good too ! I presume this HP was made with a very agressive timing. In this case use always a premium fuel like 93oct.

Do you have your VEC2 program that you can show us ?

Who makes the valve cover and the air filter system ?

Only one thing ...
If you want your SC Viper last long with this agressive timing, get the crankcase ventillation modified ASAP. This is the small tube on the driver's side front, going from the valve cover into the filter's tube. Oil vapor in the intake is the no 1 killer of supercharged vipers (and timing ...) . Oil vapor reduces octane level by as much as 5%-10% !!!

2001ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great, hey that's my airbox :)

I'd love to get a ride sometime. If you're still in manchester then I am only about 10 minutes from you! :2tu:

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely gorgeous! Great #'s too on the 5lb. I'll give you a few months and you'll be calling Joe for the 8lb. :)

Sue better watch out- she'll have to work harder next year at the car show to maintain her crown ;)

Congrats!

I was at Busch Stadium last night when you called- couldn't hear a darn thing. It was sad they lost, but I'm glad I got to go to the last game there.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
call D.C. performance they got awesome look/performing heat shields.

BTW did you get the tubes chromed?

looks great

IL96RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Engine looks great, but by the caption I thought this thread was going a whole different way. hahaha But great looking engine, hell something that pretty may warrant a clear lexan or plexiglass type hood so you can see it all the time

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blade Runner,

Nice numbers, and the car looks great. I had a sneak peak at the intake tubes when I was at Joe's last week, very nice.

martyb

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks good!

What's the scoop on the air intake? Is this a new setup on the market?

Also, it looks like you are running the valve cover vent line back into the air intake. You might want to consider getting an oil catch can instead to prevent oily blowby gases from creating a potential detonation hazard.

PBJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Randy,
Thank you for the kind words. I hope everything is what you expected, I thought the car ran great for a '01 and 5 pounds. I was planning on putting the same catch can and breather system on as your wife's car, but I have a new plan... I know everyone is worried about the oil back in the intake and so am I. I made you wait for so long, I just thought you would like to drive the car before the weather gets too bad. My partner in crime, Justin, who made the airbox makes his own catch can/breather systems also. I am going to use you as a test mule again and come up with a matching theme of color and polished aluminum to match everything else. The engine compartment looks so good, I just want to make sure everything else matches and functions as well.
As far as the interest in the airbox system, I have a individual that I have do my custom piping and powdercoating and together we have come up with a couple of new airboxes. I hope to have my act together enough to post some pics and prices shortly. Justin made one with a "sneeky pete" in the center of the box with polished stainless over red powdercoat that is absolutely killer !!! He is making some as we speak and we are going to sell them in several different versions and colors. I will keep everyone posted and there will not be a big viper tax, I promise.
Anyway, thanks again Randy. I will talk to you next week.
Joe

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are some of the strongest numbers I have heard of for a 5lb system.

On the airbox, I am looking for a setup. Still not many options out there for a decent intake system. I can't tell for sure from the pic whether the tubes are 2.5" or 3", but it would be nice to have 3" piping for those mating up to 70mm TBs to get a complete 3" system on the intake side and neck down if you are mating to stock TBs.

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Joe,

Great looking airbox. I now see what you have been describing to me as to the locatin of the IAT sensor. I will take mine in Yellow with a black sneaky pete.

Car is running great after your tune.

David R.

Great looking install and engine bay. Would love to have something like that!!

PBJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a shot of a N/A short box with nos nozzle bungs. The one on Randy's car is the long version...it picks up air from the front facia along with the naca duct. I thought this turned out very cool.
4052airboxes_002-med.jpg

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Picture looks nice Joe, but it is really impressive in person!!

The red matches my car perfectly, as well as the Roe lettering on my s/c system.

martyb

R

RTED

It seems that there are a lot of vipers running around without heatshields on their headers. Chuck's comment regarding no heat shields "FIRE" concerns me. Any more infor on this?

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are some of the strongest numbers I have heard of for a 5lb system.

On the airbox, I am looking for a setup. Still not many options out there for a decent intake system. I can't tell for sure from the pic whether the tubes are 2.5" or 3", but it would be nice to have 3" piping for those mating up to 70mm TBs to get a complete 3" system on the intake side and neck down if you are mating to stock TBs.

When I had my Roe on my car made 581 rwhp and 596 rwtq. Those are good numbers I wouldn't expect any less. Congrats!!!! Joe does good work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang