I GOT RIPPED OFF BY DC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SPARKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I Bought a warranty for my car last year and took it in yesterday to look at ac(not working) The guy from the dealership calls back and says it needs a new condenser, so he says he has to call the warranty office to clear it with Mike D and the guy tells him that LATHAM DODGE was not authorized to sell me a warranty. They already charged me, sent me my papers, with my card and i signed a contract. Can they back out of a contract like that? Im so **********!!!! Every time a deal with dodge its always this or that! HORSES-IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What kind of authorization did Latham Dodge need? I think this would be a pretty easy (and worthwhile) case to litigate. I've had no problem with warranty work with Dodge...

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bs[1].gif
It's NOT DC it's the Dealer your going to!!
Call 800-521-9922 "Service Contract Dept." and tell them what kind of GAMES that Dealer is doing to you!!

Yves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just ask your money back from the dealership.
"Misrepresentation"
From a legal POV, this is an easy one.
You've got everything on paper, even their signature. They f'd up. If they don't pay you fast, threaten to sue them. The damage done to their business in such case will be substantial more than the profit from selling a warrenty.

snowmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lawyer would love that case and especially if you have signed contract, they will wake up sore the next morning after the lawyers are done with them. Don't take any B.S. the law is on your side for once.

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
latham dodge sells a decent amount of vipers, and if they were not authorized to sell warranties i'm sure we would have heard this story from some one else by now.. as already stated, try another dealer...

- eddie -

BigSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think that it is the Dodge Dealership. I think that it is DC denying claims.

I purchased an extended warranty as well for my 96 RT/10. I received the contract and card. I even called DC to ensure that everything was in order since I purchased the warranty from a Dodge dealer in another state.

However, when I took my car in for warranty service, Iwas told by my Dodge service advisor that DC had denied the claim. I called DC and asked why and I was told the the dealer that sold me the warranty used the "wrong" code....

Anyway, DC returned all of my money, but somehow I believe that their intentions were more sinister. I truely believe that they will allow dealers to sell a ton of what are basically worthless warranties... as soon as you put in a claim... you warranty will suddenly develop problems...

Just my opinion....

Don Hiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This whole scenario's got me to thinking. There're an awlful lot of us out here who've had engine rebuilds at Arrow under warranty.....and that's a high dollar item.

It doesn't make sense that a relatively small claim would not be covered in light of DC's history with the head gasket issue(s).

I agree that this allegation, if true, clearly represents a breech of contract, but it puzzles me where the blame lies and why......

I thought Latham had a good reputation......or am I wrong?

Don

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Don Hiltz:

I thought Latham had a good reputation......or am I wrong?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

they arent at woodhouse or tator level, but the worst i have ever heard about latham was unreturned phone calls, nothing fraudulent...

lets see what other owners have to say...

- eddie -

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was probably some qualification in the warranty that your 94 didn't meet. About a year ago some of the 94s started to be ineligible for warranty.
The warranty company is probably saying that the dealer shouldn't have sold the warranty to you because your car didn't meet their age or mileage limits. The person at the dealer who sold you the warranty probably just missed it.
I don't think you are going to have much luck trying to force the warranty company to pay. I'll bet there is some clause in the fine print of the warranty that will let them slip out. Something like they are "not responsible for misrepresentations" by agents selling their warranty.
The dealer sold you a worthless warranty, that's a fact. They are responsible for that. They will probably just give you your money back that you paid for the warranty. I would think that you might have to take them to small claims, or threaten to, in order to get them to pay for the condenser. In order to have a case for that, you probably should get it fixed somewhere else and take the bill for the work to court against them.
When you figure the cost of the repair minus deductible you would have had to pay the warranty company, your time, the hassle, you will probably wind up being stuck for it.

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The last time I went for a oil change the service mgr noted that my car had 55K miles on their screen. It only has 11K. Upon calling the 800 # on my extended warranty they told me my warranty was cancelled because I race the car! They said the dealership told them this!!!!

I flipped out. I know the dealership didn't tell them this. I had the service mgr call to confirm they never communicated such a thing. Warranty company said they still couldn't reinstate without a personal inspection. So I had to drag the car up for some zone guy to look at. This was BS.

In the end they reinstated, said we want to keep our high profile customers, Viper, happy. So Make some NOISE!!!!

mrviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spoke with my service department today and they said that DC denied the warranty. We are sending the amount we charged back in full. It was purchased in DEC 02'. I am sorry but it is DC's decision, not ours.

Thank You

Eric Lee
Latham Dodge

OP
OP
S

SPARKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes Paul told me he was sending the money back. Just dissapointing that DC wouldnt allow me to keep the warranty. I felt like they were not accepting it because the charges for fixing the car were more than the contract cost. Im not nocking LATHAM DODGE im pissed at DC.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to know why DC denied the warranty. It would seem to me that the selling dealer would know the guidelines as to whether or not a service contract would be viable or when sold. Or, is it more sinister that they sell the contract, and then when a claim is denided they just give it back? If you had never needed it, how would you have known it was not in force? What kinds of flags have to go up at Chrysler before this is caught?

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eric,
So why did DC wait until now to deny the warranty?
Did the car qualify for the warranty when it was written?
Doesn't Latham Dodge feel responsible for selling a worthless warranty?
Do you think any of the other warranties you sold are worthless?
Do you plan to check into this so you can refund the money to the people?

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mrviper:
I spoke with my service department today and they said that DC denied the warranty. We are sending the amount we charged back in full. It was purchased in DEC 02'. I am sorry but it is DC's decision, not ours.

Thank You

Eric Lee
Latham Dodge

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eric,
Why aren't you fighting the "SC People" on Sparky's behalf? I have and I've won!! Just explain life to them and DON'T TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER!
pissed.gif
They make plenty of money off of us! "Squeaky wheel gets oiled"
DON'T GIVE UP SO EASILY!

Sparky,
If Eric does not think he can help you? Call me and maybe I can help from my end? If you purchased a SC that covers the A/C System and you need a condenser: End of story!

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mrviper:
I am sorry but it is DC's decision, not ours.

Thank You

Eric Lee
Latham Dodge

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eric,
You've got to kept in mind, that DC is there for us and we are not here for them!!

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buying a SC from a Dodge dealer then having a claim denied and refunding the money to the customer is total BS!! Why even sell the warranty if it won't be upheld when needed? Regardless of who is to blame, this type of thing gives the DC and Dodge dealers a very bad wrap.
pissed.gif

Must add that I have had a SC on my 94 RT and 97GTS and have used it for both without incidence!

grayman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is complete BS. Selling a warranty and not validating it when the time comes for it to be used is FRAUD. No different than selling someone car insurance and then denying a high dollar claim on the basis of some obscurity AFTER the claim is made. A case might be made in favor of DC if the warranty was cancelled and refunded BEFORE any claim was made, but AFTER is complete BS. My .02c.

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I almost bought an extended warranty for my '94 RT/10 a few years ago but the original DC warranty had already expired. After careful review, I noticed that the extended warranty contract ("Added Care Plus") documentation stated that the vehicle must be under the original 3-year warranty. The Dodge dealership that sent me the paperwork did not mention this fact and I am glad that I noticed before I completed the paperwork and sent my money to them. Check to see if your contract states this. Also, I have spoken with one very reputable Dodge dealership that simply will not sell DC extended warranties unless the car meets this original warranty requirement.

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought an "added care plus" a couple years ago for my 94....Now Im worried it will not cover me when i need it...i havent used it yet but may need to in the near future...How can one find out if his warr. is "valid" ....Chuck???...anyone....anyone..???

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Extended DC warranty and it works great so far. The first time I am denied and the contract gets canceled, I am selling the car. There ain't no way I am owning a Viper without a warranty. My pockets are deep, but if I have to start paying for high dollar repairs, its time to go back to Ferrari.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Did you buy the car with this warranty? I'm wondering if you can get DC for the loss of value. After all a car with a legit warranty is worth far more then one without and if your car is now prematurely (to your personal perspective) out of warranty then I would think someone should be held liable for the difference.

A warranty is not something that should be arbitrarily tossed around as its not like replacing a broken antenna. It totally changes your ownership of the vehicle.

If it were me, I'd be sure DC would flinch at the sound of my lawyers name...

obaa996

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn't the warranty eligibility show up under that VIN check thing that the dealerships can do? I gave the VIN's of some prospective cars to our local tech, who ran them through his computer. He was able to tell me whether the cars had service contracts on them, what they covered and the deductibles, and whether or not it was transferrable. If it says the car is cover according to their own system, shouldn't it mean that DC has accepted eligibility of the car (since they had to enter the data), and thus ought to be covering the car?

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bonkers, your right on the money. A Viper with a valid warranty is worth 10 grand more. Viper buyers don't always see it this way.... But they will when they have to shell out the cash for a new motor or transmission.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't have a DC warranty, I have an aftermarket one and thank goodnees for that. After hearing this situation(which I believe to be fraud on the part of DC) I am glad I have a waranty with a company that stand by the product they sell. I had a warranty issue with the A/C and fuel pump, they paid without hesitation. For the guys that are getting screwed by DC, shop around. Look at other options. My $.02,

Mike

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why the he__ does people buy cars from Eric OR Latham, after all the derogatory posts that have been made concerning their poor (or non-existent) service! Unreturned calls, Vipers misrepresented, now this?

If anything is learned from this unfortunate incident, it is to STAY AWAY from these people! I hope the victim pursues legal action against Latham!

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My fear is that Chrysler will start reining in questionable warranty claims since corporate profits are now squeezed. They have legal cover since the extended warranty contract states that the car must be under the original warranty in order to qualify for an extended warranty.

Don Hiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too have a '94 with an extended DC Added Care Warranty, with a $100 deductible. I purchased it in 2001 just before the 7/70 extended warranty expired.

Perhaps I've just been lucky, but when my head gaskets were determined to be leaking in November, DC authorized an Arrow rebuild immediately. I could not have asked for better service.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why there are so many variations in response to claims.

DC cannot arbitrarily pick and choose what claims they will or will not honor. The contract clearly spells out what items are covered. They have to produce documentary evidence to justify waiving liability.

I hope this post doesn't blacklist me with DC. I guess I'll find out if I have another warranty claim!

Don