I Just Took My First REAL Ride As A Passenger In A VIPER!!!! =)

GRocks10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

This is a long posting but its worth the read if you got the time!

Well, I have always been in love with the Dodge Viper! Its my dream car that I hope I someday own and plan to. =) Anyway, back in the passed I was driving my Grand AM from my community that I live in and as I came to a stop I saw a beautful red Dodge Viper RT10 in red pull out of a driveway.. I was just in complete "WOW!!!". I pulled right aside to the viper at the stop sign and holding in all my might not to get to excitied I told him how I loved Vipers so much and it was my dream car. We chatted for alittle bit at the stop and he told me a really great quote that I won't forget and then drove off... as traffic was crazy on the road he ended up getting next to me again on the road since we were going the same way.. I told him how I always wanted to go for a ride in one and to my surprise ment, he said "Come on over one day, and I'll give you a ride". I was like stunnded and excited! I didn't come over right away but finally I decided to drop by about 2-3 weeks later which was today and luckily he was home!

We chatted for awhile and he gave me a ride as promised and all I can say is WOW! That thing has Torque!!! What a monster. Everytime he went up a gear.. my heart pounded more faster and faster! That car flew! I was in heaven. I'm sure you guys don't care and you probably think I'm crazy to feel this way about a car but I know most of you on the board are viper owners and are probably over that urge already but that sure was one hell of a ride and I will always remember it! =)

I look very much forward to getting a viper one day soon!

I told this nice guy about this forum and gave him my username ( I hope you remember it, Doug! ) so I hope he joins and gets to meet all of you and maybe he can meet some of you guys who are in the area and get a big meet going and take me along! hehe :)

Regards,
Gabriel

OP
OP
G

GRocks10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Moderators and/or Admins,

I believe I posted this thread in the wrong forum. I posted it in here by mistake since I noticed this was for talk about the RT/10 but realized that I'm making a thread about the ride I took in a Viper in general and would appreciate it very much if you could please move this thread in the correct forum if this doesn't belong here.

Thanks so much!

Regards,
Gabriel

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gabriel, Your story Brings back some memories! We have been there. Enjoy !

Vipers are the Coolest car on the planet, and always will be!!!

Best of Luck in attaining your Viper!

Best, Dave :D

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool story - and you are on the right forum - most people come here.

Doug sounds like a really nice guy - hope he joins too. It's really nice when someone helps someone else live their dream. Now you are inspired!! Good luck with your quest.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GRocks10....

You are the"right" forum, you rode in R/T 10.Come on in and make yourself at home Gabriel enjoy the forum. It is also the most read forum on the board. Hopefully Doug will see it.

Most Viper owners enjoying owning but also enjoying sharing the car with others. I know every time I see a kid or adults that shows interest, I will let them sit in the car, take pictures, show the motor, or answer their questions. That is just part of the fun of the Viper experience..... glad to see you enjoyed experience. :2tu:

Cudaman :usa:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see you're in Florida. October 1,2,3 there will be nearly 100 Vipers tracking Daytona with ViperDays.com . Come check them out. If you're 18+ you can go for a ride.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come and watch the Drag Racing Vipers run at www.bradentonmotorsports.com on Feb.7-8 , this is also held in Florida. The fastest Vipers in the World will be racing and they will be coming from all over the US.

Cudaman :usa:

OP
OP
G

GRocks10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Sounds like a great idea about these viper events. I will love to check them out! I happen to be 18 years old ( yes, I'm young but I consider myself very mature for my age ), and I think this would really be a blast! I'm trying to see how I would get there though... If any of you guys are in my area and will be taking a drive down there in your vipers, count me in!! I would love to go! If not, I will take my car for a nice little road trip and check it out!! =)

Just curious, does it cost anything to attend these events?

Best Regards,
Gabriel

426Hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on what must be an awsome experience! I hope to follow in your footsteps in the near future. Except I am going to take advantage of Zoomie's awsome deal. For a small fee I will actually be able to drive the Viper. I cannot wait.

newredrt10

Former VCA National President
Administrator
Reaction score
pushed the wrong button

We chatted for awhile and he gave me a ride as promised and all I can say is WOW! That thing has Torque!!! What a monster. Everytime he went up a gear.. my heart pounded more faster and faster! That car flew! I was in heaven. I'm sure you guys don't care and you probably think I'm crazy to feel this way about a car but I know most of you on the board are viper owners and are probably over that urge already but that sure was one hell of a ride and I will always remember it! =)

No one said anything about this line. I know around here every viper driver has the same feelings every time they drive their cars, so you are not crazy. When and not if you get your car and the feeling starts to abate its time for more mods. And now that the guys in Florids asked you to join the fun, go and have fun.

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gabe,
That's how I feel each time I take mine out. I'd expected the excitement to dissipate by now....
Rick

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gabe, ViperDays does not charge for ride-along and usually does not charge for spectating however Iowa did cost about $15 I believe. You'll have to contact ViperDays.com to confirm.

Check my schedule at www.BabelMotorsports.com , if you want to go for a ride-along at any of the SAFE Motorsports events let me know. Cost is $30 (goes to the club not me). You must wear long sleeve shirt (long sleeve Tshirt ok), long pants (jeans ok), close toe shoes (sneakers ok) and a Snell95 approved helmet.

2001 Sapphire Blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on your first Viper ride!! :2tu: The thrill of seeing, riding in, or driving one never quits!! Everytime I start mine up...my hands begin sweating non-stop until I get out. The adrenaline rush is awesome!! Grab a couple of buddies and go watch those guys in Florida. :headbang:

OP
OP
G

GRocks10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gabe, ViperDays does not charge for ride-along and usually does not charge for spectating however Iowa did cost about $15 I believe. You'll have to contact ViperDays.com to confirm.

Check my schedule at www.BabelMotorsports.com , if you want to go for a ride-along at any of the SAFE Motorsports events let me know. Cost is $30 (goes to the club not me). You must wear long sleeve shirt (long sleeve Tshirt ok), long pants (jeans ok), close toe shoes (sneakers ok) and a Snell95 approved helmet.

Is one of the events that I can come that you'll be at is Jun 13th, Homestead-Miami Speedway? I checked on BabelMotorsports.com and checked out your schedule and noticed that the next closest event by my area would be the Homestead-Miami Speedway which I noticed the Organization is Safe Motorsports as your described so will that be the next event that you'll be at that I can go for rides with you guys? That would be like heaven for me! :)

Also, will you guys provide the Snell95 approved helmet for me or will I need to buy one?

I'm going to have to drop by Doug's Place again ( the owner of the Viper who gave me the most awesome ride ) and tell him about this event so he can come, too!! =)

Regards,
Gabriel

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, Homestead is in Jun. I'll be there as will a few other Vipers, Ferraris, GT3, Lambo, Winston Cup cars, etc. It's not a race, just some folks getting together to tear up the track. Bring your bud Doug.

Try to scrounge up a helmet but if you can't I have an extra, but you'll have to share.

OP
OP
G

GRocks10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, Homestead is in Jun. I'll be there as will a few other Vipers, Ferraris, GT3, Lambo, Winston Cup cars, etc. It's not a race, just some folks getting together to tear up the track. Bring your bud Doug.

Try to scrounge up a helmet but if you can't I have an extra, but you'll have to share.

Sounds like a plan! Thanks, Chuck. :)

Regards,
Gabriel

matthyoo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm, Are you Miami by any Chance? Did the viper sound like a airplane by any chance? :)

Gerald

I was thinking the same thing...Doug Levin...

But as far as I know, Doug Levin post's here... :confused:

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doug, if that was my red rt10 I hope its about ready!

Did it have a Texas lic plate that looks like
<==== that???

Andy

OP
OP
G

GRocks10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm, Are you Miami by any Chance? Did the viper sound like a airplane by any chance? :)

Gerald

Yes, yes I am in Miami! In North Miami Beach to be exact and yes the Viper felt like I was in a cockpit like in a plane! Is this the same Doug were talking about? I better go by and check out the license plate because I can't remember now.. all I remember is that incredible ride and the car itself. :) Why, where are you getting this at? Do you know him? hehe, that would be awesome!

Regards,
Gabriel

ChoiceViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Levin's scaring viper newbs with monster snakes in hopes of future business. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This poor sod is finally gonnna get his viper, drive it, and say "***!! This thing's slow!!" :laugh: :laugh: :D

Then staight to DLM.... :2tu:

OP
OP
G

GRocks10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, if this is the real Doug you guys are talking about then I'm just shocked!! I just noticed hes a sponsor of this forum and I checked out his website and to my surprise ment hes in the North Miami Beach area!!!! I am shocked if that is him and he told me hes in the Mortgage business.. hmmmm, whats his username? Also can the Doug you guys are talking about please post in this thread! :) What a coincidence if this is him.

Best Regards,
Gabriel

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hehe, you met DOug Levin, he's very modest. Mortgage business? perhaps he was too busy and if he told you he worked on vipers, you'd never leave him alone.. j/k..

I"m sure you met Doug. His handle here is "Doug Supercharged Vipers", builder of some of the fastest vipers in the viper community..

matthyoo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha, that's kind of funny. First ride in a Viper is a DLM Supercharged Viper. GRocks10, it's very probable you rode in a Viper with more than 800rwhp...lol

OP
OP
G

GRocks10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hehe, you met DOug Levin, he's very modest. Mortgage business? perhaps he was too busy and if he told you he worked on vipers, you'd never leave him alone.. j/k..

I"m sure you met Doug. His handle here is "Doug Supercharged Vipers", builder of some of the fastest vipers in the viper community..

WOW! I'm in shock right now. I really hope that was him! Does anyone have a picture of him that they can post so I can see if this really is? If its not, its OK but its amazing of what a coincidence that they both are in the same exact city with a Viper ( which is rare to see around here and basically anywhere! ) and his name is Doug!! Doug, if you read this, shoot me an email, PM or email me! :)

Btw, LOL, matthyoo!!!

Regards,
Gabriel