I just want to know if I'm crazy

Reaction score
I just want to know if I\'m crazy

Does anyone here go to a Dodge dealer just to look at a Viper? If you have one or not does anyone here occassionally take a look at a new Viper in the showroom?

I've done it once or twice and was just curious if it was a normal thing or am I just a strange and have nothing better to do?

One Day

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: I just want to know if I\'m crazy

I work as a vendor for many of the local dealerships (I take Internet photos, and print stickers for their used inventory). One of the dealerships I work at has a 06 red/silver coupe on the show room floor, and I spend at least 5 minutes every day looking at it. Back in 2004 the same dealer had 4 on the lot, and I would make an effort once a week to be there at closing to watch them move the cars into service for the night (and that's how I got my first ride). I've even driven 40 minutes away to see Vipers on dealer lots...so no, it's not just you, I'm just as addicted. :2tu: :headbang:

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i do it all the time. i am extremely fortunate to live near Roanoke Motors. i always stop in to the service area and the showroom to see the vipers like i have for years before i bought my car. i still get excited about seeing vipers on the road too.

i still remember last year at the NASCAR race, walking outside the infield fences and seeing all the vipers in there. I got all excited like a silly little kid when i saw them all!

still hard to believe i even have one. :eek:

OP
OP
O
Reaction score

Thanks guys. Just checking. ;)

BnI I feel the same way seeing one, but unfortunatley for me, I really don't live in an area where there are alot of them so it is a real treat. Someone by my school has a red GTS I see here and there so that is a nice change.

I still can't beleive I have my Mustang. :p

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

not as often as i used to before i got mine.

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nothing wrong w/ you, I do the same. In two weeks, I will hopefully be able to go to my garage.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Does anyone here go to a Dodge dealer just to look at a Viper? If you have one or not does anyone here occassionally take a look at a new Viper in the showroom?

I've done it once or twice and was just curious if it was a normal thing or am I just a strange and have nothing better to do?

One Day

I do it all the time. Nothing strange about it at all

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Not me - I just go to our monthly club meetings, where we'll have 30 to 50 Vipers :cool: (if its good weather, which it usually is).

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks guys. Just checking. ;)

BnI I feel the same way seeing one, but unfortunatley for me, I really don't live in an area where there are alot of them so it is a real treat. Someone by my school has a red GTS I see here and there so that is a nice change.

I still can't beleive I have my Mustang. :p

I still can't believe I baught a freakin Ford ******. :mad: :D

I'm always going around the area searching as I am a photographer. There's actually been four vipers within a mile of me and this is a small town!

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score

One Day

When you ask the dealer if you can slide under the car to take pictures (and they say yes), you have them open the door so you can get the MDH, and you copy down the VIN too, then you'll know you are truly "Snakebit/Crazy"..... until then you're just an armature ;)

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I had the pleasure to test drive a Gen III the last time I visited the dealer. I showed up in my viper and I think the salesmen wanted a ride so he asked if I wanted to take it for a spin :D what else could I say it’s a Viper, they didn’t make a bad one :2tu:
I'd be there more if I thought I could leave without wanting another one, but I'm guilty also

OP
OP
O
Reaction score

Me and my freind are going to a dealer tommorow to check out a Black SRT-10 Convertable. Any suggestions on what to do? :)

They'll let you take pictures? If so I'm gettin a camera!!I remember I saw a Prowler in a showroom once and was making a model and wanted to write down where all the colors were in the interior to make it an authentic model and they looked at me like I was a spy from another company!!!!!!!!

Hey you think they'd let two 19 year old kids drive it? :)

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<< Hey you think they'd let two 19 year old kids drive it? >>

absolutely! i am sure they will let you drive a new viper as long as you each have $80,000 in CASH in your pockets! :D

96GTS232

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i didn't start looking "until" i owned one!!! :2tu:

Just A Dream

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I stop by once and a while i pulled in with my viper to see if I could take the 05 for a ride "the dueche bag" would not repeat not let me take it for a ride oh well next dealer hear I go

M. ROD

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes. I do it all the time.

BOGOTA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Used to do it. Then I just got banned from the dealerhsip.=)

RainMaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I did it a few times. I still get that same feeling when I see one on the road.

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah. Your crazy. Viper crazy.
I do it all the time. Whenever I order something for my car or if I just 'happen' to be in the area. My dealer has an '06 silver Mamba convert. The salesmen just let me alone they all seen me in there eye-balling it so often.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm in high school, I do it all the time but im probably a lot worse. I go there so often that the salesmen KNOW ME, and I know ALL THE SALESPEOPLE!! They know me as that one Viper guy. They're nice people, they let me sit in their Vipers!!!! :D :laugh: :laugh:

OP
OP
O
Reaction score

Well, I went to see it with my friend today. 06 Black convert. HOLY SMOKES!!!!!!!! I never sat in one before and today I finally got the chance to. It's a ***** to get in and out of, but it is comfortable (the passanger side anyway. My friend sat in the driver.) Only problem is that our eyes were at exact level with the top rim of the winshield. We had to bend a bit to see out the front. What an experience just to sit in it. I am SSSOOOOOOOO sorry I ever bad mouthed the SRT-10. I am in love with it now just as with the RT/10 and GTS. Also the dealer said they would locate a used one (ex a 2002 graphite RT/10) if I so desired as well. But do I get the RT or bust ass and save for the new one when the time comes?

It's too hard to decide. Well I sat in a new SRT and think it would work for me. Now I need to find some unsuspecting soul to let me look at their 2000-2002 RT/10 to compare. :p

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

I dropped in on various dealerships for years before I got mine. Switching dealers allowed me to get my fill of oggling at the Viper as much as I wanted without wearing out my welcome.

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I dropped in on various dealerships for years before I got mine. Switching dealers allowed me to get my fill of oggling at the Viper as much as I wanted without wearing out my welcome.

Ditto my brother!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery